Options

Halstead Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Hi

I have prepared a notice on a cane on the grass outside. If it is wet (which it wont be as they are predicting a front through in the night and the next in the afternoon there will be notices to a meeting place inside.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Hi,

That a very good map, though is one slight error - between 25 & 26 after Star Stile you take the second footpath on the left to cut the corner and emerge on the road nearer Halstead. There will be a marshal to show you the way. The path then runs along the Cricket field (billiard table smooth)and then along a slightly rougher path. There are marshals and notices all the way. There is a short sharp hill from Star Stile to the path. It is then all gently downhill to the finish.

Maurice
  • Options
    Maurice,

Don't like the idea of the short sharp hill but will definitely appreciate the gentle downhill to the finish I expect!

Gang, I make it just under 18 hours to the start!!

Stu
  • Options
    Hi Maurice, yes I couldnt find on the map where the path was so just put it along the road, guessed it wouldnt be too far out :)

Only 15 hours 51 mins to go.....

NN
  • Options
    Was fortunate today as run missed most of the rain, but its pouring now, so I think we were lucky!

Have answered you PB :)

NN
  • Options
    Hope everyone is ready for tomorrow!

NN
  • Options
    Hiya all

Hope you are all prepared for tomorrow - I've just laid out all my gear in a line to check it's all present and correct lest something is forgotten!

Stu - glad you enjoyed your pasta - did you have an extra large helping this evening?

NN - glad you managed to miss the rain - sincerely hope we miss it tomorrow!

13 hours to go - aaarrrggghhh (last minute panic - I'm OK now!)

See you outside the school.

Jo :)
  • Options
    Hi loopyloo,

Yes all prepared to go!

Have URWFRC vest ready also.

Only 12 hours and 43 minutes to go!

NN
  • Options
    Oh - meant to wish you all the very best of luck

Jo xxx
  • Options
    And to you and Stu, and Neil, and everyone!

See you all in the morning!

NN
  • Options
    NN - ooooooh - you're making me nervous!! :)
  • Options
    hehe, see you on URWFRC now?

NN
  • Options
    Night gang,

Less than 12 hours to go!!!!

NN
  • Options
    Night night all and sleep well - all the very best for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Thanks to you all for coming and helping to make our Marathon a great day for us all and for Halstead Town.

The results will appear in this weeks Athletics Weekly, be posted on our site www.halsteadmarathon.co.uk in the next few days and sent to an number of other sites and organisations who ask for them.

Maurice
  • Options
    Hi Maurice,

Great race organisation as usual, really enjoyed it, even if my race plan itself went awol!! But that is another story, lol!

Thanks for the info and updates on here too, its much appreciated.

NN
  • Options
    PB,

Well what can I say, it just didnt happen on the day, I was already in trouble before the 13th mile, which I went through within 1 minute of my target, but just didnt have it in me today.

There was nothing I could have changed, going off slower would not have helped at all (I was already running 4 mins slower than h/m pb pace), its just the law of averages, got to have a bad one at least once so often :)

Came in at 3:31 in the end, even though 13.1 was 1:28:30, lol!

Wont post about Loopyloo, Neil, or Stu, will let them tell all here when they get a chance.

Well done to all of them though, and everyone else that competed.

NN
  • Options
    Hi Maurice,

Thanks for a well organisd race even if my hip let me down!!

Guys finished in just under the four hour mark. disappointing but I still finished and even managed to put on a sprint at the end that gained me one place!!

Not sure how I will feel tomorrow and even if I will be able to walk!!!

Stu
  • Options
    Jo,

How did the dance exam go???

Stu
  • Options
    Hi Stu,

well done mate, sorry we didnt get to chat at the end, what did you think of the course?

Tom finished in 3:03, it went really well for him, he passed me at 18 whilst I was walking AGAIN, and lobbed his last energy tablet to me :)

well done again mate,

NN
  • Options
    NN,

Course was a bit up and down!!! which made it a challenge for sure!

Stu
  • Options
    Stu,

Yes, I guess not a kind course if suffering from hip problem, or knee problem like Neil did.

NN
  • Options
    NN,

How did Neil do???

Stu
  • Options
    Hi guys

Maurice - Just wanted to say thank you - firstly for the introduction to Neasa - we met at the beginning and ran for part of the way; and secondly, for a fantastically well organised day.

NN, Stu, Neil, it was great to meet you all. Hope you enjoyed the run, despite knee and hip pains. I had a bit of knee trouble at around the 22m mark from where I walked back. With the support of some very kind friends,I managed to run the last 800m and was chuffed to bits with all the support I had. Thank you NN and Colin - you were great. My time was 5hrs 8 mins and I was pleased with that result.

Stu - did OK with the dancing, thanks. Am so lucky my legs held out, they're starting to get a bit stiff round the knees now though. Am following NN's advice and having a lovely leg massage tomorrow :)

Hope you are all OK. Keep in touch. Does anyone know if we continue to use this forum now that the race is over?

Jo
    Anyway, at the end of the day WE DID IT !!!

• Options
    Stu,

I wouldnt swear by it but i think Neil got 4:15, not 100% sure though.

Jo,

Well done, excellent course to pick for your first marathon.

We can always hijack a thread on here, or just start another one of course :)

I guess some of us will be in the Southend thread anyway....

NN
  • Options
    Well, just managed to crawl upstairs to my desk. Feeling just a tad stiff this morning.

Great to meet you all yesterday - NN, Jo, Stu and Colin (it's your turn next mate!). Meeting Lamb,longlegs and Fozzie was a surprise. Thanks for your support.

I met Neasa out on the course and chatted with her for three miles before realising I used to work with her about 12 years ago!

I came in at 4:15 which was OK. I wanted sub 4, but the ITB in my knee came on at about 8 miles and by 10 I was not sure if I'd finish. However, the pain didn't get any worse from them on so I just tried to hold my pace and take it easy down the hills. I went through 1/2 way in 2.01 so could have come under 4, but died over the last 3 miles. Anyway, PB by 37 minutes, so can't complain.

Fantastic course, really wonderful countryside, excellent organisation and helpful marshalls. A bit hilly, but nothing too bad.

Neil

• Options
    Cheers PB.

Neil, well done mate, good to meet you too, know doubt we will be at another race again soon.

Anything that you can do to sort that knee out?

NN