How boring was your weekend?

this weekend i mainly... listened to 2 friends bang on about their problems, defrosted my fridge/freezer and re-potted my house plants.

Comments

• Watched the new Bridget Jones film
  • so it was boring - there's been so much hype about it. did you enjoy the first one?
  • Was looking forward to a nice long run on Saturday, got my new Polar running computer all set up and ready to go..... and what did I do ?.........Spent all day and the following night on pain killers trying to pass a Kidney stone.
    I can think of better ways to pass the time... :(

• Trying to find the best jar to keep string in.

Not done it yet but down to three, just can't decide
  • Working, not even time for a bloody run since Thu am :-(
  • Hi Trinity,
    I got a similar message on my answering machine some time ago, left an 0900 number to call back, it was for a cruise. Of course I ignored it. Scotty got the same one, as well as his parents- bizarre...
  • ok here's my attempt [yogaj's in brackets]

this weekend i mainly... listened to my mum [2 friends] bang on about her problems, cleaned smelly gunk out of my fridge[defrosted my fridge/freezer] and did piles and piles of washing[re-potted my house plants].

close run thing i'd say

also looked after sick kid but that was kind of nice in a weird way

(am not mentioning i watched alot of tv which was a nice change and hugely enjoyable)
  • I got out my vacuum cleaner, looked at it, and put it away again.
  • Well I saw Boo Zino and the Snurks at the pics. Only a v large coffee got me through.
  • Do Do- how nice! Any chavs in sight?

• Trin, I'd say you didn't waste any time but had a valuable learning exprience.
  • i feel a bit better now. although monday mornings after a cr@p weekend seem very cruel.

trin - these people are the scum of the earth. i wonder how people can do such a thing for a living. you must be desperate to have a job where you lie through your teeth all day long.

moomoo - my vacuam cleaner is bust otherwise i probably would've added hoovering to my list of fun things i did on the w.e.

cougs - what on earth is boo zino and the snurks?

• bfb

The first one was good, this one was only OK, some mildly funny bits but didn't really stand on its own merits.

As someone famous once said, "Its worth seeing but not worth going to see"
  • I went to a beer festival on Friday evening, had a Thai meal on Saturday evening, went for a run on Sunday morning and then yesterday popped into B&Q and then had a pint on the way back.

Such is life.
  • First weekend in months that we had all 4 of our teenagers at home at the same time.

Had a wonderful breakfast yesterday (Sunday) with all of us round the table at once, noisy, loud, and like sharing a meal with a group of vacum cleaners ! But wonderful as we won't all be back together til Boxing Day
  • Wasn't very boring - went running on Saturday morning, went into town in the afternoon (freezing), went to a friend's 25th at night. Sunday spent recovering and attempting not to throw last night's liquid refreshment up whilst watching Ladies in Lavender in the cinema and wondering why I do this to myself (the hangover, not the film!).

Although, one of the previous weekends involved 7 hours of laundry as my machine is stupid (either that or I am) and not leaving home from Friday 5pm til Monday 8am, so that was pretty bad!
  • Did loads of washing, did loads of ironing, mopped teh floor, bought new hoover bags, rearranged teh furniture, tried to clean teh carpets (not successful!), cleared up cellar window and ledge, had a few beers, didn't get much sleep.

Oh and I mucked about on the web.

Think that's it.

:-)
  • Went to our industry awards do on Friday at posh hall and got completely trashed! Quiet day on saturday cleaning house, food shopping and dog walking (once I had removed myself from comforting duvet and unclasped my hand from orange juice carton!). But yesterday I did a 7 miler at Stowmarket in 1:02. Not great but not too bad, and then went out for dinner and to see Bridget Jones. Generally nice weekend-shame to spoil it by coming back to work.
  • Saturday - Hung around in Wickes for an hour whilst some incompitant fool tried to work out something as simple as how to get a matching oven, Hob and extractor out of their warehouse and down to the checkouts. Had a few drinks then went to a nice Thai resturant in the evening.

Sunday - woke up with a headache put off training run till afternoon. Went out onto the Two Moors Way for a training run - mis timed it and ended up running in pitch black. Ran into a branch and now have very big scratch mark and bruising across my right cheek bone.

If anyone else in work today tries to be funny "who'd you upset" "dont tell me you should see the state of the other guy" etc....they may well be nursing there own black eye.
  • jason you should've been wearing your mask - you wouldn't have ended up with a scratch and bruise and you would've scared lots of people along the way.

my mood hasn't lightened much today - mondays SUCK!!!! next weekend i'm off to the countryside - so it'll be a good 'un. Just have to survive the next 4 and a half days and hope my "bad weekend" hangover mood lifts by the end of today. going for a niketown training run tonight - so that should make me feel better. except just discovered the oxford st. lights are being switched on tonight - so there are going to be massive crowds around oxford circus.
  • Boring as hell for me.

Friday afternoon/evening reunion with former work colleagues, too many pints of Guinness, difficult sports quiz (at which I was cr@p) and the inevitable take away. Saturday morning - a 6 mile run to Greenwich Park followed by an hour's BMF outdoor circuit session (hell, shouldn’t have had so much Guinness and as for the take away it's definitely not advisable to follow a chicken jalfrezi with an abs overload session....!) - Saturday afternoon, quick browse around Greenwich Market (and a bowl of the best mushroom soup I've ever tasted) then an hour in the office doing the work I should have done on Friday afternoon. Saturday evening, Cafe Uno in Chislehurst for an early evening “runner friendly” risotto (and a not so runner friendly Peroni or two). Sunday morning, up and out in time for a 9:00 a.m. meet with some club colleagues followed by two and a half hours of trail running over and around, up (twice!) and down the North Downs - very tough session but a brilliant day for a run - definitely a good to be alive morning. Tradition dictates we call in for tea and buns at nearby Country Park where there's a really good café, catch a former Club colleague and academic (she’s a university lecturer) trying to hide in the corner reading her News of the World (boy was she embarrassed – some good blackmail material there!). Sunday afternoon –ignored burgeoning pile of laundry and opted to take lady friend for afternoon browse around Blackheath and Greenwich. Lovely bright early winter's afternoon – retreated after the sun went down to pub fireside for a glass (or two) of a nice summery rose. Sunday night, shepherds pie and an hour or so in front of TV - documentary on appallingly tragic events in Sudan sent me to bed feeling very sad – slept badly and consequently am struggling to get through today.
  • graham stop showing off what a well balanced and fit existence you lead! i feel decidely inferior. anyway.... mine was a glitch... usually it's the epitomy of well roundedness too ;-)
  • ..moved bedroom furnitire around and then moved it all back again and agravated by hernia..

NICE. Glad its monday ;-))
  • Not the "leaping off the wardrobe" routine again ?????? Shame on you Ian
  • tearfully waved partner off to sail a boat from SW England to NE, so am decidedly nervous, added to good dose of flu bug - can't wait till next weekend and all this is over, he's home and i'm well again.

p.s. is it advisable to run with flu bug? Am s'posed to go for my first run with running club tonite
  • what do you mean by a flu bug? if you mean a cold, stuffy nose bit of a headache feeling generally lathargic then I find sometimes running through it clears it out.

If you mean flu bug literally, as in hot cold sweats, nausea, loss of appetite and a longing to just park yourself in bed ,then No - definately dont try and run through it.

Bear in mind if you do look ill no one will appreciate you turning up to spread your germs ;-)