Options

I haven't got in :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rejected and dejected - me too, Emma! Really felt that this year was the year to do the FLM. Been running off and on for about 3 years but in the last year have really got myself together and trained regularly. Worse still, I entered, the Silverstone half yesterday morning as a pre-FLM and got home to find my rejection letter! Never mind, might give Dublin a go though (when is it?)....Well done to everyone whose got a place - keep on training and enjoy it on the day.
  • Options
    Dublin is October, so you have all summer running. Better plan than having to run all Winter eh ?

Every cloud has a silver lining.

(and the Guinness really does taste better over there !) ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks for the cheering thought, Cougie, but I have this perverse thing of rather enjoying training in the winter....mind you the Guiness is always a good incentive!
  • Options
    My wife and I got our fleeces this morning. At least it means I don't have to run all that way! We may still do the Shakespere Marathon in April plus there's the Grizzly which I've heard is too hard to do the same year as London anyway.

We also sent off another application at the same time for my Mum and she hasn't had a fleece....yet.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you didn't get in. I'm one of the lucky ones and so is my husband. I must admit reading the treads makes me realise how lucky I am and my obligation to use my place. Its my first time, the hard work starts now I guess. Wish me luck..
    Jean
  • Options
    Ominous ring on the doorbell just now...I'm another one with an oversized fleece and no place - I will complain about this only once since moaning does get tedious to read about - the 'small' fleece is only small relative to a large male, for an already small female it is enormous.

Jumbo, I'm looking at Shakespeare as well.

Last chance:4 club places being pulled out of a hat in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Hi Laura/ Jumbo.

I don't know either way yet but am thinking that I probably haven't got it. If I don't I'm definitely doing the Shakespeare. We must all get together and chat about this sometime...
  • Options
    I have my SMALL fleece on and am concerned of tripping over the bottom of it or the sleeves getting dirty as they drag along the floor behind me. I definately agree with Laura L the small fleeces are far too big for someone of 5"4 ! Still it might be a nice sleeping bag....
  • Options
    Laura L I am so sad you didn';t make it having seen you online so often I was looking forward to meeting with you or cheering you on. I have still to here which is great as i sent my application in the day the magazines arrived at my local sports shop (does this mean I have to wait the longest?)
  • Options
    Not in - fleece came today :o(
  • Options
    Im In!

Got my confirmation this morning.

Number 10693.

Mike.

Ps sorry to all those who didnt make it.
  • Options
    Still waiting....
  • Options
    I quite like the fact that the fleece is so big. I'm 5ft 2" and it's pretty well down to my knees but at least I know that when I shrink it - like every thing else I've ever washed - it will be about right!
  • Options
    Still waiting.....
  • Options
    still waiting ,4 time lucky,but i have done it 3 times for charity.Did the Dublin marathon this year PB as well.
  • Options
    Please could you report your acceptance/ rejection on my thread please. It'd be nice to have a complete picture.

JJ
  • Options
    Thanks, The Severn Bore, for your tip about saving the rejection form. I got home from work last night and went through the rubbish to fish it out. It's covered in ketchup and coffee stains but I'll hang on to it just in case I don't get in for the next couple of years (although I'm thinking of going for a charity place).
  • Options
    Well I havent seen anything as yet - and its my first year so fingers still crossed.

Still going to do the reading and silverstone half marathons in March.

Any ideas where I can find some running partners in Bicester - running by yourself aint half the fun its cracked up to be....
  • Options
    Commiserations to those who didn't get in, and best of luck to those still waiting - on the post, club places in a hat, etc
  • Options
    I take it that those of you who have had fleeces with rejections are runners who have bequeathed their entry fee. Has anyone out there, who hasn't bequeathed and is therefore not expecting a fleece, heard anything yet? I haven't, and don't know what, if anything, to make of it. Has anyone who hasn't bequeathed heard anything either way? NB
  • Options
    NB - check out Josie Jump's recection/ acceptance thread. It seems there's a mix of bequeathers and nonbequeathers who have had acceptances and rejections. At this stage if you didn't bequeath and your cheque hasn't been cashed yet you're probably not in - but you never know!
  • Options
    do not worry about it to much,there are plenty of races to choose fromand it s their loss for not letting us in the race. I think the Edinborough is the way forward but be quick as the closong date is in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    First thing this morning a postman with the black parcel of rejection. Actually not that bothered, now I won't have to do so much training. Thanks for the tip about keeping the rejection slip, just dug it out of the recycling bin. Good luck to everyone who got in.
  • Options
    Does anybody know how the rejection's are sorted/posted out ??
    Alphabetical ??
    Date application received ??

Thanks
  • Options

Can't help you there, Dunc1. I'm a 'K' and received my rejection fleece today.

Not unduly upset as I'm doing the Connemarathon 2 weeks earlier. I could enter my club's draw for places but I'll see how many others do first. If there are more rejects than places then I won't bother but on the other hand I won't let a place go to waste either.

Good luck everyone else still waiting . . .
  • Options
    This will be my first marathon and I am still feeling shaky after opening my mag!
    Did not believe for one minute I would get in first time,I do realise how lucky I am,unfortunately none of my training partners got in which is even more scary!
    Time to radically transform my body I think.
    Anyone need a running partner in Southampton?
    I've only done a half marathon and that was agony enough but hey it's all for charity I say to myself.
    Well done to all the others on this thread that got in,maybe I'll meet you at Silverstone in March.
  • Options
    Debs, it was my first last year and I trained my t*ts off on my own in the snow wind and rain but it was all worth it for such a cool day so don't be shaky, look forward to it
    Anyone in London need a training partner.?!!?
  • Options
    Looks like my rejection letter got lost in the post as have not recived it yet but you never know i might get it by next christmas. :)