adidas Flora London Half-Marathon

Comments

• If you've rested this week, you'll be raring to go - trust me.....

• I know - I just feel sooooooooo lazy this week, having not been out plodding...
  • ah running monkey,

you'll be just fine

its the greatest sport in the world

and a super fantastic venue,

just run jog with fellow runners at your pace , don't even try and push it , and you'll come out on top

hope we can meet

you'll love my phil

all the best
  • if we can all go home sunday night saying we enjoyed a great day

then we'll have won our own race

phil and i will look for 1.47 , we'll see
  • Running Monkey - I've done no miles this week... Except for those on the rugby field.

I'm still quite stiff! Should be alright for tommorow.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Good luck all and see you tomorrow, I'm off ooop north now from down in Kent, have a good run everybody :-)
  • Good luck to everyone who's running this one - not missed one training session since November feel fit and confident I'm on for a PB, allthough I have pulled a muscle in my arse cheek on Tuesday that's caasing me a bit of concern - should be okay for tomorrow.
  • Hi poppet 2 - snap! I've pulled a muscle in my arse as well. Last training run was tuesday - 7 mile jog! Was fine but now ache today - how strange is that! May be joining the 10/11 milers! My aim is to get round to enjoy the atmosphere and to have a nice day - will be my first half - so quite apprehensive but exciting as well. Good luck anyone - I'll be following the RW forum pacers - 10 min milers! Am running for charity - The fortune Centre of Riding Therapy. quite noticeable t shirt. Say hello if you see me!!

• Hi slow mover

Good luck with tomorrow - Silverstone was the very fist half mara I ran two years ago and I loved it, great atmosphere and freindly runners to chat with along the way, you'll be fine.

Hope the pulled muscle in the arse clears up soon. Will say hello if I see you.
  • Slow mover - I hope to be with the RW pacers at 10 (or 11 min) - not quite sure which yet, I'm sort of dead between the two paces...

If the weather is like this tomorrow, it should be nice - at least the sun is shining...
  • M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Hey Slow mover, I've visited the Fortune Centre. It's a fab place. What's your connection with them? What colour's your shirt? I'll look out for you. I'll be in a bright green vest with "Vale House" on the front.
  • Hi Mick, hope you and Phil have a fab race, you're an awesome combination - I remember you overtaking me at a good speed at the Bedford Half Marathon last year - very impressive - we were on one of the steepest hills!!
  • ey up mick and phil, hope to see you on the way round , have been in quite a few races but we have never met. Still dont know were you get your strength from mate.
    excellant inspiration to many runners who see you in the races, have a good un
    cheers
    Daz H

• hey - just popping in from the Flora Liverpool Half crowd to wish all at London Half a good race tomorrow.
  • Hi Mister W - my friend and I work at the Fortune Centre. I've only been there a few months but its great - not really like working! and its great to feel like you have helped someone at the end of the day! We will both be wearing dark blue polo shirts - with the fortune centre written on the back. Look out for us and say hello. Will be fairly near the back though with the 10/11 minute milers! Leaving Christchurch at about 5pm tonight and then staying over night at the travel lodge at Towcester - only 3 miles from Silverstone. So no early starts for us tomorrow!! Makes a change! Wonder if I could manage a full english breakfast!!
  • I have a spare female place if anyone wants to have it...

nicky...
  • poppet 2

poor arse cheeks ah,

never mind

it ul be alwight on the night
  • hay DAZ

& TARA

thanks for you kind support,

but i truely mean what i say

what we do is only possible because
    OF ALL YOU FELLOW RUNNERS

not every race goes right for us
    though i don't say much,

the fact that i'm surrounded by all of you , pulls us through
  • Just got back from the event - thought it was well organised and went off on time - hearing the comemntary / music on the way round was good - even knowing the winner was a long way ahead. I got a new PB so well happy at 1:41;50 on the watch so well pleased and going for a beer and lie down.
    Also saw Mick and Phil at about 6 miles - well done in awe of your achievements
  • Not long been back. Great organisation, spot-on. Great camaraderie amongst the runners, everyone encouraging each other. Followed the 7 min mile pacer round (well up to 10 miles) and came in under 1 hr 30 mins. Well pleased for my first half. Can I make the next massive step up to a full? Not sure.
  • Just got back to Ilkeston with a PB of 1.25, 1 st time there and was well impressed with the organisation, nice medal and a burger at the end. Mick and Phil i gave you a pat on the back and a shout at about 2 1/2mls and wished you well, hope you had a good run round lads, we were a bit spaced out up were i was and the wind hit you a couple of times but all in all a good day.
  • Although my picture is a fosters pitbabe unfortunatley she couldnt come with me today( too cold for her ) only kidding, still nice experience to do the track and its another 1 in the book, Mick & Phil how many races have you done now i didnt quite catch the figure but i know its a lot.
  • Just got back - Well organised event , really enjoyed - Good Fun , good atmosphere - Fairly pleased with time with amount of training i have put in - 1:32
    I have been injured - but overall pleased , just need to get the endurance up a bit.
    A bit disappointed a kid in Bart Simpson socks passed me and beat me!!!What that all about.
  • Great event, again. I beat my half marathon PB (this was my second half, both have been at Silverstone) by over 5 minutes! I'm sub 1:34... Kind-of forgot to stop my watch and/or actually look at clock! I'm somewhere between 1:32-1:34.

The big one's coming up... Still debating on pace... Goal sub-4, do I aim for 3:45... Or just sub 3:50... Will decide nearer the time.

Mick and Phil - I passed you at some point and as I said ``I couldn't do it." A very well done lads.

Darren: http://micknphil-marathonlads.co.uk/, pretty impressive!!
  • hi guys, glad you all enjoyed it. I had a mare of a race - no energy after mile 7 but all my own fault as I spent yesterday walking miles around london rather than resting like I should have.

I liked the music - S club gave me a good boost at about mile 8! Crawled home in around 2.50 (forgot to stop my watch until I was picking up my stuff), which is way slower than my target 12min miling but I finished that's the main thing!!!

Am wearing the medal to work tomorrow!
    :)
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Brett!!I may ahve been that "kid" in Bart Simpsons socks!Nice of you to notice!Do you normally notice people's socks?!?

23 still a kid?good to know!
    In the rush to get there any socks will do man!

as for beating you..don't worry son...pleased with my 1hr 31 on the clock but no doubt chip time a minute quicker as started a long way back.

pb of 1hr 28m 42 but that was in my "halycon" days as a mere 22 year old!

all in all a great run..my first where i've had to drivw over 100 miles ina roundtrip..so pleased i lasted!
  • Go-KLGo-KL ✭✭✭
    Will save the full report for the race ratings, suffice to say I had a very good day, the race was well organized and the parking no where near as bad as I had feared.
    Came in at 1:20.30 which is my second fastest time ever and only a minute outside my best set 5 years ago so have to be pleased, although in hindsight I wish I pushed a little more between miles seven and eleven: if I had a PB would surely have followed.
    But I was mindful that this is a marathon training race, so didn't want to go flat out. I will have to leave the half marathon PB assault until later in the year where I can run until I drop and not care about running for a week or two afterwards!
    Just one (very minor) criticism: mile marker 6 was some way short of a mile (The painted mile 6 on the tarmac was a good 45 seconds further up the road). This left me and a bemused runner beside me going from doing a 5:35 mile to 7:10 for mile 7 which at the time was a little disoncerting!

Well done the organizers on a very efficient exercise in hosting a race.
  • I enjoyed this - a PB - my first half marathon!! After debating to go with the 10 or 11 min pacers, I opted for the 10s and managed to keep up virtually until the end. Unofficial time somewhere around 2 hours 11 minutes give or take a bit...

Only gripe was the car parking - I lost my car!! Parking officials insisted there were only three car parks open - none of which held my vehicle...

After half an hour trudging round getting frostbite in the fingers, the same race official decided that actually, yes, there WAS another car park open (the coach park) - I just needed to climb a fence and walk half a mile or so (in the opposite direction to the first way he had sent me)

Other than being colder than a snowman's whatsits by the time I got to my car, a good day!
  • Mile markers 6 and 7 confused me too. Also missed another - 9 I think. Still managed a PB of 1:22. May have achieved better if I hadn't done the first couple of miles at well under 6 min/mile pace. Suffered for it when the race turned into the wind!
  • I was ringing hubby on mobile (just to ring, not to hold a conversation obviously!) at every second mile, so he knew where to look out for me - I think one of the odd numbered markers was missing too but I can't remember which one now...(I thought at the time I must have blinked and missed it as it passed me by in a blur as I sprinted past....)

On second thoughts, perhaps it just wasn't there!? Bummer!