adidas Flora London Half-Marathon

12345679»

Comments

• Ive just entered my number and got a picture of a man wearing my number???
    Could they be from last year?
  • there do appear to be two sets. if you click on the link under "recent events" there is a gallery with about 46 pictures that seem to be from yesterday.
  • Yep. i rang them. They apologised for the mix up. Last years havent been taken off yet and theyve said they will take them down asap
  • feeling ok today, slightly tired , but ok

as i said yesterday was superb, 1.52

well, we are now set for coniston 14 on saturday and stafford half on sunday.

but,

starting from the back and going to say there on both,
    just going to jog with the flow and enjoy it,
    play with it really, i suppose you could say,

yes thats right going to have a weekend and toy with it

ain't putting no speed in what-so-ever

just to have some fun, until i've pulled my self back together,

i suppose my body will only take so much,
    i cant complain i dont do bad,

theres a few races and runs left in me yet

• ey up mick and phil you two have a nice steady couple of runs, enjoy it you deserve it, aint done any of them two races yet but i presume conistons a bit hilly, will it be your first back to back runs in two days or have you done it before ?.
    Any way next time i see you ill give you a cheer on.
    Did my first big race at mansfield and i was struggling and really thought i would pack it in and came up behind you two and thought how the hell is he managing to get the strength to do it , i just managed to pass you on that hill there but the mental boost that you gave me that day i will never forget, very often use that image from that day when the going gets tough,i have a little word with myself and say if he can do that i should get on with it and stop moaning and im off again.
    Thanks lads
    All the best keep on running and most of all keep smiling
    Darren h
  • Well done mick n phil and all you others, this was my first half and I had a ball! Really enjoyed it - but flippin eck you lot are quick!!! How do you go so fast? I stuck with the 11 min/miler all the way - If you read this, THANK YOU THANK YOU, you were both fab - even (ish) pacing and entertainment all the way too, who could ask for more?
    I got a PB (well it would be would it as it was my first )- I was really chuffed, but compared to you lot I was a bit of a snail!! 2.23.16
    Only bummer was my running mate being carted off in an ambulance and being admitted to hospital with hypothermia at the end!! Not a lot of fun, it was gone 8.30 when I managed to get something to eat..........HUNGRY!!!
    (by the way, she's fine now! For the rest of you lot in the 11min/milers she was the manic one singing and waving her arms around (in a blue headband), should have saved her energy!!!!!!!)
    Same time, same place?? can't wait, what should I do next? answers please........
  • Hey lucy - lu ,

You could do the Milton Keynes Half next weekend if you have the energy !!
    I've got the bug now and i need the training with only 4 weeks to go til the big one !!!

What do you think ?
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Lucy-Lu, you finished, you got a pb and so well done you....

Have to ask, what was your mate wearing clothes wise, how come she got hypothermia? Seems you did ok prep wise so carry on.
  • Well done Lucy..great effort and i'm glad you had such a good time. Don't worry about your time....my first half marathon was a 2:40 and i did this in 1:39, so you should be at 1:20 in a few years time!
  • hi darren holloway,

hope your well,

yes, this is our third march weekender, one of our favourites , we don't worry about the weather, we just love the fresh air.

phillip has thermals and water proofs , and i sweat anyway

coniston 14-------2.11
    stafford half 1.58

coniston 14--------2.12
    stafford half, 2.02

this time we are just going to relax, and see what happens, it's good at times that way, we 've done it all so who cares,

but most of all,

thank you so much for your kindness ,
    it really does mean a lot to us.

done mansfield 3 times, usually in about 1.56 --57 , its good , you don't want flat races all the time it gets boring,

you have to have something demanding , that makes you dig in,

thats what makes it so good, all the people that have said to us this isn't possible,
    and i've replied , why don't you let me be the judge of that,

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

i refuse to let a few hills beat us,

the worst is great langdale half a few miles up the road from coniston, now that is PURE HELL 2002, 2.45

2004, 2.44

and so proud of it
  • hay, lucy lu

take good care now,

i've been at this a long time ,

coming on 25 years on and off,

taking phillip 3 years

but you must keep warm, drink plenty,

food isn't quite so important

but fluid and warmth are vital

DID YOU KNOW YOU LOSE 80% OF BODY HEAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD

TAKE CARE

very best of luck

mick
  • Thanks for your encouragement all of you, I must admit that I am still buzzing!
    My mate was wearing running tights and 2 layers of performance clothing, so in theory should have been warm enough - no hat though!
    I think it was down to her prep (or lack of...) and not drinking enough as she didnt want to have to stop to go to the loo!!!!
    Hopefully she will take this as a warning sign before any other races...!!!!! 6 hours in A&E is not funny............ I may need a new running partner!!!! (good job she doesnt join in the forums or access RW (silly girl!))

Thanks Mick, your expertise is valuable and I will pass it on

Lucy

• Lucy Lu,

you are welcome to run with us anytime,

but be warned ,
    on a good day, our half marathon pb, is
    1 hour 43 mins

the toughest of road races in langdale half,
    hilly as hell , only takes 2.45

it's not about beating you guy's

its about us living with hope
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Lucu Lu, how is your friend now, hope she's recovered, hope too that she will continue running and so you can run together.

• mick n phil I would love to run with you but unfortunately can't go quite that fast yet - but working on it!
    You are an inspiration to all of us out there to get on with life, and as you say to live with hope - don't stop!

Thank you

Cinders, my mate is fine now thanks and talking of the Sheffield Half, but not before she reads mick's advice!