Hard Marathon Training with Mike Gratton

1788789790791792794»

Comments

• I'm taking time to progress my music making activities. I think another week off running won't do me any harm. The ECG didn't show anything, and my doc's notes now read 'post-viral'. I'm fairly relaxed about things, but I have to admit to being a little bit frustrated. No spring marathon for me I think.

S-C, your 16-miler sounds lovely. Sunday was weird down here as the island suddenly warmed up over night to a balmy 7C, yet just 8 miles north (on the 'mainland') it was still very much sub-zero for the Sunday club run. I stayed warm in bed and just turned up afterwards for brekkie! I'm secretly glad I didn't have to run through the coldest weather of my running career!

Hope you make it to FLM. As I'm not now apparently doing the Shakespear marathon, I should be able to come and spectate.

What are everyone else's plans? Are you all still there?

• Good to hear someone is still alive out there...even if they do not feel it.

Do not despair Susie, I am in the same boat, having just recovered from a chest infection that landed me on both steroids and antibiotics.  A really good lesson in how prolonged stress loweres your immune system and when you do get ill and finally succumb it knocks you out.  So no Spring Marathon for me, in fact nothing planned other than gradually getting back to some level of fitness.

Good luck SC with London,  I hope it comes together. 

• Still here. First rest day of 2009 for me yesterday - felt like I really needed it too. Double today. Easy 5m run and 1 mile swim. Hi to all.