Options

omigod - first time too!

Can't believe my luck - first application and I'm in. Can anyone out there give me some training tips>?

I tore my bursar rtendon in August and have been slowly increasing my distance running. I am now up to 7 miles with no pain. So, do I increase my distance by 2 mile every 2 weeks, or should I increase the time spent running?

I also cross train 2x a week with a running club - doing fartlecks, hills, speed etc.

Any helpful info would be great. I live near Wakefield West Yorkshire so will be looking for a travel companion
Cheers

Pat Wood

Comments

• Options
    Sorry Pat no idea re trg (fat lot of good I am) but I'm in first time too. Yippee!!
  • Options
    How many times do you run your maximum distance per week?
    I normally add 15mins to my long Sun run every 2 weeks and taper off 3 weeks before!
    This works 4 me and i can still do quite a bit of speed work in the 2 weeks in between long sundays.
    Find some xc runs thru your club. Not only good fun but they help your strength work as well.

Ps. I used drink in Heppy,s in Wakefield. its prbably closed or changed its name by now?
  • Options
    Pat I got in 1st time last year. I had no idea what to do (I didn't subscribe to Runners World until April oops too late). Still if you look at my web site you can see what I did, of my injuries and the effect they had on the training. Still completed in 4.26.
    www.smithfamily.me.uk
    Good Luck on 13th.
    One thing I would certainly suggest is to take place in some races before hand to get a feel for running with lots of people. You'll learn from talking to people and also how your body reacts to running at different times, areas etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for reply - I am taking part in xc's and Reading 1/2 marathon so I'm getting a gud feel 4 races in general. Also talking to bods at running club about their experiences. Only need to get my training schedule right and I'll be OK!
  • Options
    see you at reading and FLM pat
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks 4 email, I,ll be at Reading but not running it.

If you come to Reading roadrunners Tent I,ll be about there.

Enjoy your running.
  • Options
    Second application, first acceptance; wahoooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'll probably follow a RW thingie and chuck in a sprinkling of races mmmmmmmmm!