Edinburgh Marathon

1535455565759»

Comments

• good luck to all in their next races..
    me,i'm still basking in my new pb of 3-06...
    well not quite..i was back running the day after,and did 12 miles last night...no rest for the wicked eh!

next race is forth bridge 10k,thats after ive been sunning myself in majorca for 2 weeks...mid july..
  • Can't believe I missed the highlights on the telly - did anyone who is still on this thread see them? anyone video them? Always wanted to be on the telly, was hoping to spot myself!!!
  • Got this reply today (23/06) from an enquiry I made about results last Tuesday (14th)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

results are available on the website at http://www.edinburgh-marathon.co.uk/uk/results/index.php
    You can also access back copies of The Edinburgh Evening News at http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/

Caroline Vevers
    Charities/Entries Administrator

----- Original Message -----
    To: info@edinburgh-marathon.co.uk
    Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:58 PM
    Subject: Marathon TV & Results

I see from your front page there is a banner for 'see us on five', however this doesn't link to five, when is it on?

I see also that the results are in today's Edinburgh News, not a lot of use to someone in Essex!!! I thought they were going to be on the website within 2 days, what's the news on this?

• TV coverage nothing exciting and commentary very amateurish
    At least you did get a reply to your results query. My first email was ignored, 2nd one said "don't understand the question!". Phoned today and told they won't do results and she seemed surprised when told that 'proper' races produce the results for an international audience (either a national newspaper or ('and', in the case of Chicago) results booklet.

I wished her well in making it a big marathon but explained they have an awful lot to learn.
  • I have to say I thought the coverage on 5 was a bit sad though.

Last year my brother made me a dvd using his video recorder and it was far more professional.
  • I first tried to get the full results via tha Edinburgh Evening news website, but immediately post-race this site was off line so I resorted to directory enquiries for the newspapers phone number.
    I was informed over a rather crackly line that both Monday & Tuesdays papers had coverage with the results in on Tuesday.
    For a cheque for £2.40 I duly recieved the two papers from which I learnt that I had been placed 2531st. having beaten nearly 2000 people in my 2nd marathon I'm happy with that!
  • Did anyone order the official marathon DVD?

I ordered one and it still has not arrived. Not only that, the organisers have ignored my email sent 2 weeks ago asking when I am likely to receive it. I managed to talk to someone on the phone about 6 weeks ago and they said they had had some sort of production problems but still no more news other than the website claiming that 'delivery will be made 6-8 weeks after the event'.

• Mine arrived in the middle of August. Actually it's not brilliant. It's the highlights from Channel 5 with terrible commentary. But it's nice to see the route again. Then there is an hour of the finish line, split into 10 minute sections. So you see yourself finishing (providing nobody stands in front of the camera). For the money, I would have thought they could have placed the camera a bit higher. You can hear the guy telling people to get out of the way!
  • I got mine a couple of weeks back which did seem like a very long wait.

Wasn't overly impressed with it at all though considering it was exactly the same content as the coverage of the race on Channel 5 which I already had on video and the finishing line section was poor (for me at least) as some eejit stopped right in front of the only camera as I was crossing the line and all you could see of me was the cap I was wearing!
  • I also got mine two or three weeks ago (and I live abroad!) and feel the same: disappointed that it is the same unexciting coverage as shown on Channel 5 (which I also have on video). But, as Peaceman said, it is good to see the course again - all that beautiful green - not to mention a glimpse of my face and my friend's shoulder at the end as proof that we actually took part and survived! And it's a souvenir of the day, however crappy. The fact is, you've ordered it and paid for it and it should have got to you by now so don't give up!
  • Thanks for those replies. It is comforting to know that someone has received their DVD. I missed the Channel 5 programme so I am quite keen to see it. As Jo Legs says, it is a souvenir of the day and it will be nice to look back on.