Northern Ireland Running

Comments

• Martin -You must be the only one got a ballot place ya jammy git image

Paul-sorry to hear that and you dont get automatic entry after 7 rejects anymore either ,you will just have to bag a good for age image

One2e-were you in or out in the ballot ?

Didn't apply / didnt get in Is that a sort of win win image ,no intention of doing any maras any time soon (famous last words oh and never again lol !)

some more physio this week and then we will see whats what image I expect after near 5 months out i will be a tad slower image

• Leslie,

Shock horror I didnt get in only one got in out 14 at the club. I have the club raffle to go now for our 2 places. In the meantime just ticking over till the new year before the start of marathon training. Did 12 yesterday and still deciding which marathon to do next year. I am trying to work on my speed at the moment and pushing myself during those sessions.  Entered the Seely cup for the craic.  Debating the born to run forest series if I enter it will go for the whole series. 

• Hi everyone London places are a bit scarce this year I have heard of very few people who have been successful through the ballot. Good luck Martin you'll enjoy London.

Training going well at the minute. I am sticking to 10 miles up  until Christmas then upping the miles for a spring half.

I'm doing the Run for Francis in Magherafelt on Saturday, anyone else taking part?

• Martin well done on the ultra, and Mark too - amazing achievement, I can't start to think about running a step further than 26.2 so fair play to you!  Well done on the London place too, fantastic marathon and will be really enjoyable - I missed out on the ballot again this year (5th year in a row...) but have done it twice through club places so happy enough!

I've heard good things about manchester as well - and it is a similar time of the year so I might consider that one - saying that, I'm happy to leave marathons for a while, not long back from Berlin and finally managed to go sub 4 (3.57.30) so im delighted with that for the time being!  

• 10th year no joy in ballot. Can't complain as got club space 3 times. Not racing it this year but going over with better half to enjoy the craic. Can cheer you all on. Still deciding which other Spribg mara to do.
  • One2E- that's it get some base built up during the winter ready for next year.

Kenneth-how did you get on ?

Jason -nice sub 4 mara.image

HMM-decisions decisions image

Hoping to make a slow comeback soon, got some othodic insoles to get me pointing in the right direction along with plenty of leg strengthening.

• Any Dublin mara runners ?image

• Spotted lots of NI runners around the course, and enjoyed catching up with good friends from North Down, Orangegrove, Ballydrain, North Belfast and Ballymena among other clubs afterwards. Lots of PBs and fantastic debut runs. Thanks as ever to Mags for the shout outs at the end. I was happy to get back under 4hrs and even happier with a big PB. image 

• Paul OHPaul OH ✭✭✭

Well done DS, it wasn't the easiest day, I thought the wind made parts of the course difficult.  I knew I wasn't in sub 4 hr shape but was happy with 4:08 as it is the best I have done in Dublin.  Crowd support was brilliant as ever.  The marathon is moving to Sunday in 2016 so might attract more runners from here.

• DS -always good to get a pb image

Paul - we will call that a new Dublin pb then -well done image

Martin-what you up to ?

2 mile last week, 2 this week and still busted ! no progress here !image

• Amsterdam Marathon at end of October Leslie which was a rather dull course with lots of the route up and down both sides of a canal , tried out one of the East Antrim Marathon Series yesterday which was a mindblowing 14 loop run but really quite enjoyable and very well run , will probably do another couple of these over the Winter and then its London and up to your fair city for the WCM, sorry to hear the injury isnt improvingimage

• That's good going Martin image  I will be going in for a knee operation very soon now to see if I can get back running as without it can't see me running much ever again so will be taking the rest of winter of (at least !) image

• I hope the op does the trick Leslie.

14 laps would do my head in Martin. Well done.

I'm still plodding away doing my usual 10 miles on a Sunday. I have nothing planned at the minute. Hoping to stay injury free and then build up for a spring half.

• finding it tough getting motivation back to get out myself - but entry for larne is now open, entered that to hopefully get me back on track - definitely recommend it, great spring marathon, superb organisation and good weather most years (somehow!)

• (taken from the NI Running website www.nirunning.co.uk)

The Garmin Mourne Skyline Mountain-Trail Race is on TV this weekend!

On Saturday 21st November 2015, Channel 4 will be broadcasting a 30 minute TV programme about NiRunning’s recent Garmin Mourne Skyline Mountain-Trail Race. The event attracted a capacity field, with 200 runners from 14 countries taking to the start line.  The show will start at 7.05am and will also be aired on Channel 4 +1 (8.05am) – it will also be available on 4OD (Channel 4 ‘on demand’).

• 8 miles easy.

First training run done for Wrexham Marathon on 6th March. Let the fun begin image

What everyone else up to - Sealaye 10K?

Don-t forget early entry to ROTG.
  • HMM, are you running Stealie ?  Wrexham Marathon looks like a good race.

I'm on a rest week as picked up a quad strain but should get back running tomorrow.

• Steely for me tomorrow too. image

• No Sealee for me. Looked like a rough day - well done everyone.

Yes Rod - 2016 will be 2nd running for Wrexham. Decent repirts and know guy who win it - low key 700+ in marathon and the half marathon runners merge later in course to provide company/distraction. Next race be Cracker although prob give ROTG a miss. 1st time in number of years.
  • Seeley wasn't too bad, rain held off at the start until about half way round.  There was quite a bit of standing water in the park.  I had already got soaked marshalling at Waterworks on Sat morning, so it was nicer to be running than watching.  Thanks for the shout Mags. 

Good to hear from you again Rodney.  Good luck with the training HMM. Hope to make it to ROTG myself.

• East Antrim Marathon Series yesterday for me , weather was absolutely atrocious but the craic was good and quite a few hearty souls turned up and ran image

• Nice running folks in bad conditions not missing winter running one bit !image Had my op and now in recovery so no running for 3 months !

• All the best for your recovery, Leslie. No, I'm not big into winter running either, and I didn't venture out at all over the weekend. Now I feel so much guilt! I do like the trail races over the winter though.
  • Hope your recovering well Leslie , Take care of yourself imageimage

• Good to hear you have had the op Leslie and hope to see you back running in 2016.

• Thanks lads image I had my first outdoor walk today in a month which appear to have went well so far and can't wait to get back running now but I've a running ban for another 2 months so will just have to be very careful and wait my turn. image

Its bound to get a lot colder before then as we seem to have got it easy so far this year.image