Northern Ireland Running

1705706707708709711»

Comments

• Well folks?

any running targets for 2017

• Hi folks, long time since I've checked in here, but I'm still running and enjoy catching up with many of the regular posters at races or via Facebook. I finished off the 2016 running year with back to back marathons with the East Antrim Marathon Series and started 2017 at Race Over the Glens. I'm planning a few ultras this year, starting with Last One Standing at Castleward next month. Anyone else signed up for it? See you on the roads and trails.

• Hi all, new to this board (didn't realise there was an NI board!).  Only been running 3 years, but have a few halfs under my belt. Planning to do Belfast Marathon for the first time this year - gradually increasing the long runs at the moment.  Entered a couple of halfs across the water (Stafford and GNR), Born2Run's Antrim 10k and a fun 5k (Waggy Races at Portstewart) as well as my local Ecos parkrun occasionally.  Might do the Causeway coast half in September - anybody else done the half? Recommended?

Leslie H - running Stafford instead of Larne this year, but hear it's full already!

HMM - anything booked yourself?

DS - sounds hectic! Intended to ROTG but laziness took over and went for a slow 5 mile instead.  Last one standing is definitely out of my league at the moment, but good luck.

Happy running!

• DS you have been busy image

HMM Id like to run a decent mara this year !

Happybunny yes Larne sold out very quick was quite surprised too ! The "Norn Iron" forum has died a slow painful lingering death this last few months ,might pickup a bit now the mara season is starting again .image

16m steady today ..

• Hi all,

Leslie - I'm in for larne myself - one of the best halfs around so looking forward to it, hopefully a decent day weatherwise too, as usual!  Hoping for some sort of PB but at the moment injury free training is good enough, so see how it goes in march!

HMM - my targets are to race once a month from febuary onwards, and hopefully PB in Berlin in September...injury free year would be fantastic too,

HappyBunny - welcome to the forum, sounds like you have plenty planned to keep you busy, I think im for the Antrim castle 10k in Feb as well, Born2Run have some great events on, really looking forward to their Sea2Sky event in July, down in Newcastle.

• bugger... I'm away Friday and don't get back to after 6 on Sat.

• Jason I hope it's a nice day too , never ran it but remember it was snowed off a couple of years back 

Rohit that is a bugger if you miss the half ,but it's full already .

12m today , its proper windy out !

• We have now joined the new RW forum so a good few posts will have disappeared.
  • 13 miles this morn ,looks like even though you bookmark this thread it doesn't show up in your bookmarks so not easy to find !
  • Hi all, not sure i love the new forum look...and it does look as if the most recent posts have disappeared, not great!
    Hope everyones running going well, im still injured so hopefully another week or so ill be back!
  • Not sure what's happened to recent posts and I'm not convinced by the new look... I'll have a look st the main forum to find out what's happening. Final little bit of taper time before Last One Standingon Saturday. And maybe Sunday! 
  • Jason get well soon 
    Ds Goodluck saturday 
    20 mile this morn a long way !
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    7 easy miles today , Jason are you off the bench yet ?
    DS how did you get on ?
  • First time on here in a awhile and all change. Still plodding along doing a few parkruns and hoping to reach 50 parkruns soon as now on 44. Antrim parkrun this weekend I think. did Wallace Parkrun in Lisburn last weekend as I had an appointment in Hillsborough for an ultrasound scan on my troublesome hamstring origin tendon. Enjoyed the parkrun and felt my injury a little at 2mile mark so eased back a little and was ok. The ultrasound didn't show up any major issues, just a slight bit of inflammation so thankfully I didn't need to have the cortisone injection. Can mange the injury fine but need to get stuck into strengthening exercises.

Hope everyone else is keeping fine and getting a few miles in each week.

• Leslie - unfortunately not, now diagnosed with posterior tibial tendonitis, and moved into both ankles - trying to manage it and get a few runs in but all very slow and with KT tape all over the ankles - not really enjoyable!  Hows your marathon training going?

Rodney - good to hear you're still at it, hope the injury clears up enough to let you get back running up the miles again, frustrating when theres an injury that wont go away!

Well done to any forum members who ran at Larne, I went down to support, another good event, and the weather wasnt as bad as the weather forecast had suggested, thankfully for the runners and supporters alike!
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Rodney hope things improve soon.
    Jason that's a shame ,hope things pick up soon, I ran Larne got a pb 85:08 ,was a good day for it alright then ran Omagh 2 weeks after in 86:30 as part of a 21 miler. Mara training good well so far (touches wood) about 6 weeks to go now.
    8 easy this morn ,almost forgot about this thread as its hard to find now.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Evening all ,anybody left on here ?
    Got a pb at strabane half of 1:23:50 and another at Buncrana 5k with 18:17 .
    Walled city marathon on sunday but my hammy feels a bit dodgy this last couple of days ,typical 8 months of hard training down the toilet !!!

Signed up for the 2 bridges 10 miler and the dark hedges half , never ran it so can anybody tell me what the hill profile is like and is it a pb course .
    Looks like MR Bacon has something to do with it so should know lol !
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Despite bookmarking this thread it is not showing up in my bookmarks or getting any notifications of new posts can runnersworld do something about this please ? flagging to report the issue.
  • After 13 years of running I ran my first track race last night. I took part in Acorns AC Night of 3000m races. Having previously ran 11.45 for a 3km road race, I entered the 10-12 minute race hoping to dip under 12 minutes or slightly better. I must say I really enjoyed the race and was very happy with a finish time of 11.31 even though I was near the back with only 2 runners finishing behind me. There was a 12 -14 minute race first which I would have finished 4th place in with my time but I was glad I chose the faster race.
  • just came back on here any of the old gang still on the road , bored in work had a good old read back hard to believe some of the posts over 12 years old now  
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Rodney nice racing .
    Jim its quiet in here now alright you would think nobody runs anymore !

5m easy today for me.
  • jasonreid7jasonreid7 ✭✭✭
    good to see still some activity on the forum!  I'm just checking in, still injured unfortunately from January, my advice is dont mess with the Post Tib tendon if it ever has a niggle!  Hope all going well, plenty of races over the summer, missing the sea2sky race tonight which is a great one, even bigger this year with the addition of a 5k as well - maybe next year!
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Jason sorry to hear that you are still on the bench after 6 months ,are you seeing any improvement ?

Dark Hedges half for me yesterday , nice day out on a tough but scenic course , my hamstring problem had got worse again so hills were a struggle but got round in a reasonable 1:33:30 .

• jasonreid7jasonreid7 ✭✭✭
    leslie - I've never run that half, but hear its a good one!  Sorry to hear about the hamstring issue, a few injuries about at the moment then!

No real improvement no, been to different physios, podiatrists, MRI scan etc and still no closer to resolving it - resigned to a long period of downtime and spectating for now!
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jason must be very frustrating , mine has been going on a few months but have managed to keep going till now ,got a physio appointment next week as I've signed for Dublin but my leg is struggling to take much mileage now ! Think I've had all the pb's for this year that I'm getting as even the thought of getting round 26 mile is making me nervous...
  • Running Antrim Coast Road Marathon tomorrow morning. Haven't ran a marathon since 2012 so it will be interesting. Training has gone well but it is to be between 18 and 21 degrees heat so could be a tough one.
  • Ran 3hrs 17min 6 seconds to finish in 18th position. Delighted with the outcome.