For me.....

Starting this in my last half hour of work before xmas holidays...is a reminder that when I get back I've got to get myself sorted and:-

1. Stick to 22 points a day till belly has receeded to a more attractive level and legs once again resemble sticks!

2. Train well - have three half's and the Manchester 10k already booked...need to get the training so I am able to fully run my June Half (other two will be run/walkers)

If anyone's in that boat feel free to comment - otherwise I'm just going to use this as a reminder of what I intend to achieve with the first half of next year.....

Comments

• Good luck to you. I am about 4 stone overweight, and am determined it's all going again in the New Year, so I can wear a wetsuit for open water triathlon and retain a shred of dignity.

Have a great Xmas and look forward to hearing of your progress.
  • For a second I thought you said 22 pints a day.
  • Egg - I'm counting the points as well. Not going to the stupid classes though!

Do you eat your bonus points? I try not to but USED to drink them sometimes!

Have entered 10k and half marathon for first quarter 2005. Did these in 2004 as well so aim is to do better times this time as got PBs on both last time.
  • Hello all, hope you had good Christmases?

I also need to lose at least 2 stone. Watching what I eat and into week 3 of my FLM training program - very slow though and still run/walking lots.

Let's keep each other posted and spur each other to new heights and fab bodies.

Having said that - i probably won't get back on here until the new year when I return to work so - Happy New Year all.
  • Hello - I am a point counter too!

There is a new programme at WW in the new year - see the website - but it will still require the self restraint I struggle with!

My plan is to lose a stone before FLM - and then another 3 after that!

I am still going to classes - we have such a good leader and a good team feeling to meetings that does help.

Npow the holidays are over and I am back at work I am starting counting again. No class until 10th though :<((
  • I'm up for some virtual encouragement here but can't face classes. I found that they had no idea about runners and the amount of food they need to take in especially when doing long training runs. I want to lose about 2 stone.

How many of your bonus points do you eat? I try not to eat them at all but after long runs find that a bit of a chore as I need to put some fuel back in my system. What do you guys do?
  • I did Slimming World last year and lost a stone easily (put it back now though!). They were organising a challenge to run the equivilent to the London Marathon in a month. I don't think they believed me when I turned up the day after the FLM to say I did it all in one day!
  • I've come down from 18 stones to about 14 st 10lbs.

I run 4 times a week, 2 weights sessions a week and recently started swimming twice a week.

I avoid junk food but other than that I don't count anything.

Many people avoid weights which I think is a mistake. It revs up your metabolism so you're burning more calories even when you're resting. Women don't build big muscles unless they have high testosterone levels.

This is coming at it from a different angle. I hope it is of some help.

Good luck for the new year.
  • Nice one Pudsey. I did 19 stone down to 12 1/2 but regret to say I am pushing 16 stone again.

Good advice with the weights.
  • Thanks Pudsey - need all the encouragement I can get for weights - they are on my schedule, but I find it boring compared to going for a run.

As for BP - when I am counting properly I generally eat half of what I earn from running, as you say LB you do need them after a long run.

My WW leader is very suppotive of running and encouraged me to see how many BP I need to eat.

(I have lost 2½ stone so far.)
  • RB,

You could try a Body Pump class as your weights session. It's a free weight workout to music and I find it a bit more fun than just going round the machines on my own in the gym.

Congrats on the weightloss so far and could you let us know what the new Weight Watchers programme is all about please? I did say I was never going to diet again. However, after scoffing so much food over the Christmas break I was thinking of following WW points in the New Year just to get used to smaller portions!
  • SBM - Thanks for the suggestion about bodypump - I will investigate. But the trouble is that I trabvel a lot in my work, so find it difficultto get to classes at the same time each week.

Will let you know about WW - but no class until 10th January - Bank Hols have got in the way of Monday classes.
  • Hmm in that case try the Jorge Cruise book '8 minutes in the Morning' It works a different muscle group each day for 6 days. Actually takes about 15 mins to do including the warm up and faffing about reading the exercises. There is also a website somewhere that sells dumbells which can be filled with water - ideal for travelling!
  • that is a great idea! that's why I never move my weights from this appartment!
  • Hello! God I thought I'd lost this forever!
    Been trying to find it all day - D'oh! That's what a week off work and being ill does for you.

Off to Tesco tonight - determined to fill trolley with good things and start tomorrow with avengance.

Over christmas I have put on about 3lb - not bad - mainly cos I wasnt that well... I still managed to tackle the quality street and turkey sandwhiches though!

So

Had a quick scan thorugh this and seems that there are some people who'll help get me motivated and stay there - leagal and Summer, we must be able to sort this if we can sort the booze!

So:-

22 points.... I am going to stick to that with an extra 10 for Saturday's. Takes my daily avg up to around 24... I think that's a good plan with the training I am aiming to do. Before christmas it seemed to work - otherwise I get starving in the week and wreck it all by the weekend.....

So are we off then?!
  • Welcome back Egg. How was the shopping?

No idea on Muller Rice as never tried it - not a dessert person.

Have purchased a large "page a day" diary to keep a track on what I eat and have lost a couple of pounds already but think that might be de-bloating (if there is such a word) and no booze. Amazed really as we finished the last of the pressie chocs last night and I had some cheese.

Just off for a 5 miler - (10 points) I can but try - so catch you later.
  • Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the other thread on ww and running?
    New programme coming out this week!
  • I got down from 16+ stone to 11 stone 11lbs. Trouble is, I got injured and put on a stone of it. Wobbling like a good un I am!

Best advice is to exercise regularly, salads at lunchtime and fish, salad, cous cous for dinner. Cut down on red meat to once a week and it flew off.
  • Jon - that's a mega achievement!

My problem is that I dont loose weight quick. I get bored and binge!

Got to start to eat well and not be dissapointed by the scales. When I was young (early 20's) it used to fly off me... now it's pure struggle to loose anything. Not sure I understand why.

Anyhow - today's not going bad. Am giving self a break this week - recover from illness and start back at running and full on points from Saturday. Trying to stick to 24 today

Leagal - how was the run...how'd you work out the 10points?
  • This is why!!

Just put my points down...25.5poits already today.

Lack of planning - lack of writting things down properly - lack of thinking about what's going into mouth!!

So will have to try harder tomorrow...mistake 1 was the muller rice. Mistake 2 was the low fat humous (I cant eat half a tub!) mistake 3 was the packet of doritos that were sitting there at home.

I do best when I make up dinners and dont snack...got a bag of trail mix in my office desk it's too easy to eat. Not buying that again.

As the saying goes...

Food pickers wear big knickers!
  • Mind if I join you?
    Am on my way down through the sizes too. Lost 4 stone with another 2 to go. Training for FLM but haven't lost anything in the last month. Think that points have edged upwards but am too scared to count them. A diary definitely helps. Think I'll get one today and start again.
    Don't go to classes but have done in the past.

Laura
  • The more the merrier!

Points do creep up dont they. I think that's what scuppers me. I think "oh yeah that's about 4" when it's most likley 7.. then there's the snacks that dont count. Easy done

Magic weight loss so far though - you must be pleased with that

I dont like the classes... I went to a really great one once, got gold membership. Since that one (in Notts) I havent found a class that is the same. The one's I go to seem full of bored people who just pretend to diet - it's all aimed at trying to hide what you've ate. The last one there was a very overweight woman who used to bring chocolate in to eat after being weighed??!! It did my head in

I saw her a few weeks ago actually - was weird! She's even bigger than she was then!

I need to eat well, change habbits, eat for the right reasons and at the right times.

Running makes a difference but I must say that I do read alot of threads where people get stuck at certain weights. I've never experienced the falling weight that some people do, I've found that when I've tried I get weeks without loss and it does my head in! Muscle weighs more than fat??

• Egg - 10 bonus points per hour for running at 11 minute miles - isn't it - or is this where I'm going wrong?

Run was really good - its a 5 mile route and pretty undulating for this part of the country and I did it in 56 so only claimed 9.5 points. Doing a 10k at the end of Feb and a half at end of March so need to keep this training going. And, I find I eat much more sensibly if I go for a run - less inclined to veg and eat bad stuff.

Somone said earlier on here that they only eat half their bonus points - I try not to eat any unless its a longer run when I have to otherwise I'll keel over.
  • No I think that makes sence. It makes me feel worse that I cant go this week!

I dont tend to eat bonus points, I think where I go wrong though is not eating enough. I want to aim for 22-24 per day and have 10 extra saturdays... I will be in training again soon and at the moment 5 miles is my longest run, so there's saturday's 10 extra straight away!
  • Morning all - well I totalled 35points yesterday - Ooops!!

Points to note:-
    Bad planning
    Wrong choice of foods
    Lazy attitude

So today I have made changes... breakfast was a little actimel, a bannana, 2 low fat cheese traingles on wheat free crispbread with a bit of honey.... good start

Is the key isnt it.

Good start - good day

Am gearing up to propel self back into trainingon Saturday... colds creeping away. I find when I dont run or exercise I eat really badly

We live and learn!
  • Bringing chocolate in to eat after being weighed is weird - defeats the whole ethos and looks like the focus was beating the scale on the once weekly thing, no long term lookout which is what it should be about.

Re - eating habits - I tend to graze/pick through the day.. I always thought this was better than big meals...

As far as doritos/trail mix go.. if you don't have them in the house, but have lots of good stuff in, then it'll probably make it easier.

I don't actually need to lose weight, but I was just wondering if anyone knows what the ideal BMI for HEALTH is? Opinion seems to be divided over this.