For me.....

Comments

• flies in and out coachy I have run 4 times this week lol yay for me my bloody mojo never went away...funny really that!

Mrs F your house is a house it's the people in it that make a home and you have a smashing family! sorry about your exprience love I wished you lived a wee bit closer I would come with you!

Very busy at the moment gang I will play later on as mini scrum out this weekend!! long story but I am worn out with the ex's!!

Happy Friday gang

• Well may have sold our house (only may).  We have accepted their offer they now have to bring F-in-Law round for his approval (apparently he's putting down large chunk of the money).  Why they couldnt all have come round at the same time beats me. So won't know for sure til back end of next week FFS!!!

Just keep telling myself, this is the way its obviously meant to be image

Haircuts nice, hubby actually noticed. 

He: you've had it layered!

Me:  its been layered for the past 8 months!!

MEN!!!!!!!!

Oh and I'm pre-men if you've not already guessed [sigh]

• Hi again,

Sounds stressy with the house Mrs F but I'd say stick with the chiro - my dentist sent me to one years ago (misaligned jaw causing neck tension, headaches, etc) and I've never looked back (no pun intended)!  Spent about 6 months thinking I had constant kidney infections at the end of last year, beginning of this and my lovely chiro located a muscle prob in the lower back and fixed it.  Do tend to feel like I've been  beaten up for about 24hrs after but  I'd sooner have that than constant, low-level, niggly pain. 

Anyone remember the 8 lb weight loss over 2 weeks I had put down to stress from work? So no loss last week, another 1lb this. Am glad to see it back to sensible levels but - talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth - want to know why it' s happening. 

I'm not careful with what  I eat and I'm a lazy mare.  Right enough, been suffering with sensitive teeth since February and can only eat on one side, through about  an inch long section of jaw.  So, I pondered  a bit and  I thought it might be to do with eating less because I'm noticing I'm full after consuming less because the food's going in slower.  Does that sound dumb & unlikely?   I guess it's like having my jaws wired but with no actual wire image

This past week, though, I've been deep-down tired -     almost in a daze from it - and can't decide if it's just run of the mill, end of the school year tired or related to the weight loss.  Am due at dentist week after next so will hopefully get my toothies sorted then.  I dont' reckon the fatigue/weight loss can be related in any illnessy type way as I'm still on four-weekly blood tests for my colitis meds.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, all.

• Eating slower could have a lot to do with it scoobs.

Keep p***ing my husband off today apparently, 3 times his bitten my head off image

Oh well image

• My mojo was going but came back all on its own - how does that work?

Looking after the kids today but off for a plod tomorrow. Then week after next off to MosCow, which I am a bit excited aboot. 

• Hello everyone.  Sorry I'm not around much.  Up to my eyes with marking.  End of term soon so it will all come to an end image

The secretaries I taught this year bought me a great big bunch of flowers and a huge thank you card which said 'thank you teacher!  How cool is that?

Still got a hectic couple of weeks ahead but it should calm down soon.

Exciting news about the house Mrs F.  Good luck.  As you said, what will be will be.  I've suffered noisy neighbours before and it's  miserable existence.

Well done all you runners.

JB you should change your name to Johnny Jet Set!  Moscow indeed! 

I feel fatter than ever today.  Perhaps I'm pre aunt flo too.  Not sure - so erratic these days.

Right, I'm away to my bed.  Sooooooo tired.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

• Hi guys

Lovely to see people around, even if sporadically (sp???) image

Minty, sounds like things are good with you, apart from the feeling fat thing, but I think it's woman thing isn't it (regardless of flo!hehe)

JB- look at you international jetsetter! image

MRSF - gaaaaaa@PMT it's so frustrating isn't it! good luck with all the house stuff hun.

Scoobs - I would definitely say that eating slower makes you feel fuller quicker.

Not much to report. Enjoying my running inbetween ITB issues. Had a lovely trail run today, my first in the local area (and first with nooo trail shoes!)

• Mrs Jb must be dead jealous!

Do you get 6 weeks holiday (paid) Mints if so not long now!

Laura read your blog and run sounded fab and great news on the house plans also - really exciting.

Hubby apologised last night via text he he.  He was downstairs, I was upstairs.

Today took little un and his girlfriend to Longdown Dairy Farm.  Lovely day and they both fell a sleep in the car (bless).  Bought 2 chickens from Farm Shop and some duck eggs mmmmmm.

Was really nice to get out the house for a change.  Just enjoyed Land Girls, boy Joe was a lucky boy!!

• Hiya MrsF, Laura, Minty, nsc, JB, Scrum & Scoobs

Just back from a hilly four miles this morning and reporting a flat seven-miler on Sunday.  Getting my mojo back, I think, but going away next week (for work) and the week after so it will be difficult to fit in my running, but I'll try!

Fingers crossed for your house sale, MrsF.  I'm blessed with good neighbours here (I go running with one of them!), but the house across the lane is up for sale and there's no saying who we'll get in there (hope they're quiet!!)

JB's probably in Moscow as we speak - jetsetter indeed!

Minty - I hope you do get a decent long holiday after the next two weeks of being busy busy busy.  Look at you and Scoobs, teachers both of you, all grown up!! image  (Tho the schools here break up on Friday, I think - Scoobs will keep me right!).

And another yay for Scrum's running regime - go girl!

EB

• Hiya all,

I must be psychic or something.  Just as EB mentions my name, I drift in.  Yep, break up is Friday but some schools got off last Friday.  Six lovely weeks off complete with a pay day somewhere in the middle.

oh, and the weight loss/eating less? Was on a trip out today from school. Took 20ish of the youngest ones to a 'fun centre' type place. The staff took them off our hands all day.  Within 5 minutes of getting there, I was ravenous. Scoffed a bacon buttie then pizza for lunch.  So the not being able to eat is likely a combination of firstly the dental problems and secondly the work situation that is stressful.  Suffice to say, I'm looking at vacancies ads.  Management are effing up their side of things so even though I'd be stressed from being under scrutiny  and being told I'm useless and all the kids hate me, it's multiplied by  a lack of clarity and transparency about just how deeply I'm in the muck.   

Sorry to come on here and moan but the weight loss is the only upside I can think of right now.

• drips in..... good grief it's very very warm!!

Had a very emotional day at work, part of my job now is mentoring candidates who are having problems....... all I can say is I was in tears with this girl today, she is one of the nicest, young ladies I have met in a long time, the world is very cruel sometimes!

Any news on the house mrs f?

Scoobs hmmmm bacon nice!!

JB you go getter!!

waves at everyone well I am running for 5 mins then 2 min breaks and off again! whoo hoooo!!

can't wait till I can run for 30 mins

laters peeps

• Hi everyone.  Holidays aren't quite the same in further education.  Officially we finish on 11 July but as course results had to be in at the end of June, we're finishing this week.  However, I'll still have some key skills students to complete with so still some more work to do.  Then we're doing some taster days for year 10s and some of the incoming students.  We've also got staff development (and for two of those sessions I'll be teaching teachers - not sure whether to laugh or cry about that!).

I'm also doing my A1 assessor award so that I can assess some NVQs over the holidays and I've just been accepted by OCR to become an examiner - which I'm delighted about!  So it's going to be a busy summer but that's good as otherwise I wouldn't have been paid anything.

Really love my new vocation though - I hope you do too Scoobs.

Looking forward to a bit of free time to do some exercise - walk/cycle and maybe ... just maybe ... run.

Little Mint is having the screw removed from his ankle on Tuesday.  I hope the recovery won't be as hard work as when he broke his ankle!!!

Catch you all soon.

xxx

• Hey shrinking room

Minty I am an A1 Assessor image Just starting my V1 so I can verify which is great!! paper work paper work paper work! NVQ is such a different language that real life!!

Ok gang I managed 5 mins running with 2 mins breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!! was great but oooh how I struggled towards the end! I am off 5 mins with 1 mins breaks tomorrow and by next week I have 2 10 min runs.....one I hope will be in foreign parts image Mr scrummy's mum has a flatish area so fingers crossed I can run there! and miss coachy has far too many hills but I want to play with her on t'moors! image

I hope everyone is well! I am still working hard on eating properly and trying not to get upset with myself if I slip up!!

Right off to sort my untidy home! eeeeeeeeek it's not dusty but I am sure it's pollen! thick pollen dust every where!!

Laters you happy people

• Evening folks

good news and bad.  good is we've sold our house to the cash buyers, solicitors addresses now exchanged.  bad news we may have lost the house we set our heart on (long boring story)... i'd just forgotton how stressful it all is and how it takes over your life!!

I don't do stress well image

Sounds like you're really busy Mints, perhaps you can have a wee holiday at the end of it all.

Scrum thats good going, and not long till your back running your full 30 mins.

I'm not allowed to exercise till the end of chiro so looking at end of month, its killing me arghh

• Hi,

Sounds scary, Mints - teaching teachers? I reckon it'll be like herding cats image

Good news on selling your house, MrsF and sorry about you losing the one you liked.  They do say, though, what's meant to be won't  pass you by.

I've gone and done a Scoobs-Special guys - oopsimage  Talking to my counsellor yesterday, identified that I tend to leap into things a bit rapidly.  i.e. university: decided on the Weds, course began the following Mon; PGDE: decided Friday, course began Monday. Decided that's a bad way to live a life.  So, I found a job advertised in Switzerland yesterday evening.  Popped off an application cos there's no harm in applying.  Phone interview tomorrow, likely over for a face-to-face next week. Except it's through an agency and they're talking to my current line manager tomorrow for a reference.   It will be bad probably so they'll not want to spend money bringing me over.  They're daft these random sudden impulse decisions but  I'm youngish, single, etc. and I don't want to be plagued  by 'what ifs' in my dotage.  I'd love to work in a decent school so  I  could rediscover just how rewarding my job can be.

Keep everything crossed folks that I can talk my way out of what will only be an honest, but  damning, reference.  With all the Swiss  cheese & chocolate I'd be the size of a house in no time so maybe it's not such a bright idea.

Only one more sleep till the holsimage  Sorry, Minty.

• Good luck Scoobs.

Scrum, I'm doing my V1 immediately after my A1. 

Am I right in thinking that you assess in care work?  Mine will be business admin as that's my background.  Do you have any ideas as to where I find the professional competencies for the A1 paperwork?  I've done an internet search but haven't yet found anything. 

Mrs F - hope the house situation works out for you.  It's awful when you lose that dream house but if that happens it could just be that there's an even dreamier house waiting for you somewhere.  I hope so.

Might have a holiday in October Mrs F - finances won't stretch for a summer holiday.

Little Mint's into Warhammer now (flipping expensive but keeps him occupied and so he doesn't eat so much).  He's off to Games Workshop so I'll be sitting in Café Nero sipping latte and marking key skills folders.  Glad it's raining so I won't be missing sitting in the garden!

Anyone notice what little trick I just tried?  It worked too!image

• Might the trick be some kind of 'spin' - like the marking's okay because it's raining out and you couldn't be in the garden?   Just a random guess - most tricks get right by me.  I have to do all sorts of self-bribery and persuasion to do marking, and that's only class work! 

Am off to Switzerland tomorrow for an interview on Monday.  I'm totally excited but a bit scared too.  If they offer, if I made the move I would have to make it work as a long term option for 10 years at least.  The current work stress may be as much due to who I am as a person as to the environment/management.   Ah well, not got to make any choices unless/until they offer and  I know what's on the table.

Another 2 lbs off this week. Wasn't expecting that as the two school trips meant I was eating like a horse 2 days out of 5 and I ate normally the other 3.  I'm not complaining though! 

• Sorry most of what scoobs, mints and scrum talked about went right over the top of my head, not academically very bright me and got lost over A1, V1s etc image

Have a nice hols scoobs, hope interview goes well also, fingers crossed.

Mints whats Warhammer? 0

Been packing up the loft today, think I've lost a stone in sweat.  No rain here, and been very muggy and sunny.  Found a size 18 dress I used to love.  I remember keeping it when it got too tight and putting it in the loft for that day I managed to give up the chocolate and puddings and slip back into it.  Today I could have fitted my husband in it too.  We were laughing about it being a parachute, then laughter turned to tears as I reflected on how far I really have come now with regards my eating disorder and weight/size.

I'm actually losing weight fairly fast which is worrying me at the mo.  I don't do stress well and the first thing it does is makes me lose my appetite (that and falling in love image) I've lost a good 9lbs in the last 4 weeks.  I don't think I look good at all, I have a large frame and it brings out a lot stuff.

Sooooo, house. yes well.  Today I accept its all meant to be like this.  Vendor is giving our offer a big think over the weekend and getting back to agents on monday.  In the meantime hubby and I are acting as if we've lost the house alread and looking at other properties and viewing.

Big excitement downstairs, whos going to be the new Dr Who!!  Hubby and littleun sat with big bags of Revels each waiting for it to start image bless.

• No reason why you would know A1s and V1s Mrs F - it's NVQ speak. Sorry - I feel rude now.image

Warhammer is from Games Workshop. You buy models (for a lot of money) to make up and paint. You can then battle with them. It's extremely popular and has been around for about 30+ years. I knew my brother did it but didn't realise what it was until Little Mint got interested earlier this year. It's good for him because (a) it means he has to mix with other people and (b) it distracts him from eating. A double edged sword and so I'm not too concerned re the expense (although I've spent £120 this week - I can't do that too often!). There are warhammer clubs popping up all over the place. Little Mint battles at the shop and at the library once a fortnight. At least it gives him something outside of school and away from me - that's a first.

I bought some gorgeous shoes today. I'm going to a ball on Friday and found these shoes in Evans. I've never looked there before. Two ladies shopping in there commented on my 'dainty little feet' - PMSL - the reason I was there was because the shoes are wider fitting!

Then to top it off, the manageress told me she thought I looked 'stunning' following a conversation about weight, clothes and shoes.imageimage Good sales tactic - I did end up buying two pairs of shoes and taking out an account card (to get the discount).image

• Sorry Mrs F, typed away about warhammer without finishing reading your post.

I'm sure those were tears of relief.  I don't know you're full story but I have gathered that you've climbed many mountains to be where you are today and you should feel immensely proud of yourself.

I'm off to nick a quote from another thread that seems appropriate to you at the moment ... 

A life in 5 chapters
    1. I walked down the street. I fell into a deep dark hole. It was horrible. It wasn’t my fault. It took me a long time to get out.

2. I walked down the street. I fell into a deep dark hole. I forgot it was there. It wasn’t my fault. It was horrible. It still took me a long time to get out.

3. I walked down the street. I knew the hole was there. I fell into it anyway. It was my fault. It was horrible. I got out immediately

4. I walked down the street. I remembered that the hole was there. I walked around it and didn’t fall in.

5. I walked down a different street.

• Hey gang I am a little blue mr scrums gone to see his family leaving me home and I really don't like it ........ honestly I have been very teary tonight!!

Right re NVQ and professional competencies minty I do assess in care but I am just starting in support services, with care you have to be in a senior postion and have exprience, but as with NVQs you can jump in at what ever level your working at ......A1 (assessor award) Mr F has this mrs F!! we chatted when down at yours for the weekend!! is part of the level 4 management award in care so you would be working at a higher level ...... with the V1 we have been advised that you should be an assessor for around 9 months to a year to show compentency to assess!  mail me if you like the standards are here if you don't have a copy? I used two candidates to obtain my award!! http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/LearningDevCD_sqa_a1_unit_competence_review_checklist.pdf

Mrs F stress hmmmmm think you best mail me pretty lady ok!!

scoobs have fun fun fun I adore  Switzerland

love to you all

• oh hugs to all ((((((((((((()))))))))))))))

so much going on

MrsF - the whole house thing is such a nightmare, but you will find the perfect place for you and yours, and you HAVE come so far and we are so proud of you

Minty - you are stunning, belive in yourself flower x

and you too Scooby, had a friend go to work in switzerland when we qualified - she is now married to a scrummy swiss bloke and has 3 lovely boys and a loaded father in law image

poor Scrummy image  can't wait to see you on friday image although you may need your wellies image

the weather got the better of me today - no way was I running in a huge hail storm!

• Pops in and gives big hugs to all ( I know nsc has already done so, but you can never have enough hugs image ) ((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

• comes in I RAN skippety skip I ran.....

Fingers crossed for Mrs ~F and her move .....stress mail me!!

hugs going free in the next hour if anyone wants one!

coachy yup bringing my wellies and my very red coat!

Happy Sunday gango

• Moving house is pants innit? There must be a better way to organise buying and selling than the rubbish system we have in this country.
  • Thanks Scrummy, that was exactly what I was having difficulty finding - I'll have a look at that.  Yes, I've got two candidates (probably more, I'm not sure - I'm helping out to sort out a few that have gone pear shaped for some reason).  The reason I can go immediately to the V1 is because of my teaching which I've been doing for 3 years now (albeit only one year as qualified) and so have been assessing for ages anyway.  ((((To you - I hope your other half is back quickly)))).

I want to move too.  I need some damned good financial advice but as I'm throwing away £600 per month on rent and £200 per month on petrol, I reckon I ought to be able to afford something nearer to work.  It's a buyer's market at the end of the day.  Will have a think over the summer.  In the meantime, I've got to sort out some tenants for my house in the smoke as mine are going back to India which is a shame as they've been fantastic tenants.

Good luck with the interview Scoobs.  How exciting?  Can we take it the reference was good?

NSC - I won't get my head through the door soon if people don't stop telling me I'm stunning.  Bought some funky blue nail polish for my toes today.  Can't wait to try it out!

Don't blame you for sheltering for the hail storm NSC.  HAIL?  In July????  Whatever happened go global warming?

Hugs right back at you Laura ... and to you JB - how was Moscow? 

• Just looked at the link Scrum.  Maybe it's the knowledge criteria I'm supposed to find because I think I already knew all of that.  My file's at college so I can't check until tomorrow.  Thanks anyway.  I think that will come in useful.

xxx 

• morning

this may help minty http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/LearningDevCD_sqa_assessor_verifier_units_assessment_guidance_db2889.pdf

tried looking for the english one but the Scots one is the same

I am soooooooooooooooo tired! did not sleep at all last night! got myself in a right pickle

Happy Monday gango

• Not in great place, not in very chatty mood but present image