Options

For me.....

Comments

• Options

Thanks, Minty, I'm only 24 hours late!  Off tomorrow for ten days (working) so no internet access.  Hope we're still on the first page when I get back!!

Take care all

EB

• Options

<Re-sets burglar alarm after false alarm>

• Options

we were meant to be camping this weekend but decided after 2 weeks of rain it might not be the best idea!

had my second club run last night - had muddy trainers and wet feet after 5 mins image

*tries to guess code for alarm*

• Options

Fighting a losing battle with the tax office at the moment.  It's doing my head in!  Thought I'd got at least part of it sorted and they've even managed to balls that up!

Code for burglar alarm is 1234 but don't tell anyone.

I've managed to find us a good deal on thread insurance whilst thread is unoccupied.image

• Options

did you use confooozed dot com Minty image

grrrrrrrrr to the tax officeimage

just watching the olympics - get the feeling I won't be moving off the sofa today or tonight - GO PAULA!

• Options
    Good job you sacked the camping plans Northern.   Sofa's are much more comfortable.
  • Options

and drier image

torrential rain last night as I stayed up to watch Paula, Liz and Mara

• Options
    Impressive achievements in lots of disciplines from team GB.  Hat's off to them.
  • Options

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options

yay for the 000 Minty and yes watching team GB is causing lots of image in this household!

but feeling good today - 5 1/2 pounds of post mara stodge off over 2 weeks and back to lunchtime speed sessions on the tready image

hope everyone is ok x

• Options

Have you lost it already or is that your plan for the next two weeks?

Had a huge sort out in conservatory yesterday.  It feels good.  Particularly the clean windows.

• Options

love having clear out and sort outs!  are you ready to send mini back to school yet?!

reminds me, my kit shelves need culling

have lost already Minty, but no congrats cos I shouldn't have put it back on image but am having a hungry week so far, hoping the long run at the weekend sorts me out!

• Options

Poor mini - it hasn't been much of a break for him.  Every time I've had a day off, we've had to tear up to Wrexham for my step-mum or down to London for tenants vacating.  Otherwise he's been stuck at home apart from one day trip to Alton Towers (which was ace).

We're off to Saundersfoot for the weekend.  Hopefully the weather will stay fine and we can have a bit of quality time together.  After that we need to get everything ready for back to school - where has the six weeks gone?

I'm still going to congratulate you, you numpty!  The congratulations are due for how hard you've worked at maintaining your weight.  At least you did lose the little bit you put on - most losers put it all back on and some so you should be extremely proud of yourself.

I haven't weighed in a while but reckon I've gained.  I feel huge.  I'm thinking of investing in some pure hoodia just to curb those munchies and get me eating healthily.

Have a good bank holiday weekend.

• Options

Hello, gang of two!

Just back from a week's work away from home where I can report NO running at all. image

Hope to get out tomorrow morning if I can persuade my pal to come with me (it's easier to get out there if you've made the commitment!).

Congratulations on the weightloss, nsc! 

Minty, hope you're back on track soon.

Happy weekend running all image

EB

• Options
    Hi guys!!

Yes well done on weightloss NSC!!! I've not lost anything in AGES, I think I've put a bit on infact......well going to Cornwall didn't help with the fish 'n' chips, cream teas etc etc!!! the 18 miler I did there probably didn't even put a dent in that!!!!

Doing 20 miles tomorrow but long long runs aren't really good for the old weight loss are they!!!! they create such hunger!!!

Oh well I will lose weight again, one day!

*kicks early bird's butt* by the way EB, are you the early bird that's on fetch? I'm never sure!!!!

Minty - hope you enjoy your weekend!

• Options
    Ps. I passed my exams, forgot to tell you guys!!

Back at college 11th September......groan!!

• Options

Laura

Well done on passing your exams!  Numbers were never my strong point so a big pat on the back from me! image

BTW, I'm not the EarlyBird on Fetch (I haven't been on there for ages!) but thanks for the compliment!!!

EB

• Options

Morning gang.

Laura - congratulations on passing your exams.  What level are you going on to now?

My students got really good results.  Two distinctions, 5 credits and 3 passes.  That's top as far as I'm concerned - two did fail but that was to be expected as they never did any work.

Enrolment on Thursday.  I need numbers because if I get enough they will give me a contract at long last so keep everything crossed for me.

Had a great time in Saundersfoot.  Went to Oakwood three times and braved Megafobia - scary.

Off to buy shoes and uniform for mini today - my favourite (not)!!!

• Options

did you survive Minty?

sorry, not been around much as a bit preoccupied with the fetch yorkshire mile last sunday - thank god it all went well http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QGv_vwY_5QI and I was paced by Robocop to my fastest pace ever image

been better with food this week but cr*p at running! off road 10k race on sunday in forecast thunder storms should be interesting........

• Options
    Love the slideshow nsc, you did brill in the mile image

Minty - hope the shoe shopping went ok!

In answer to your question, I'm now part of the way through the second 'level' of acca I suppose....few more exams and then I move up a level. Will take me at least two more years put it that way!

Racing tomorrow - the nike 10k in Wembley Stadium.
  • Options

They're tough exams Laura - well done!

Haven't looked at the slideshow yet NSC - will do - but well done.

Shoe shopping was a breeze.  We bought the first pair he tried on.  image

Knackered from visiting step-mum.  She realises what is happening and had a go at me about it today - she wants to go home, God love her.

Lots of students enrolled so fingers crossed for a contract.

• Options

*sweeps away dustballs*

fingers crossed Minty image

survived the off road 10k - didn't rain till we'd finished but weather is pretty biblical this weekend, we'd planned to go camping, needless to say we're still at home

hugs to those who might be lurking but not posting - we can't let the thread die image

big meet up next week at the yorkshireman half, Egg, Treacle and Laura are all coming to run and partay image

• Options
    hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    *echo bounces round empty fred*
  • Options
    Blimey it is SO quiet in here!!

Hope you get that contract minty!

YAY for the wkend NSC image

Quick update from me (for non-fetchies).........I'm INJURED WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Got bloody shinsplints that manifested after a PB-tastic (52.58!) Nike 10k at the end of August.
    Saw Fizz today all is positive, just need to strengthen my butt!LOL

So marathon is still on (hopefully) in 5 1/2 weeks time, sadly no Yorkshireman but Treacle (also injured) and I are going to spectate! imageimage

((((hugs))))) for the thread XXXXXX
  • Options

hello Laura image

can say that in person in 3 days!

Mintyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - where are you ?

drowning in back-to-schoolitis?

• Options

I'm here mateys!

I came back several times but the fred was devoid of activity!

Finally got offered a part time permanent contract last night.  Went to thank senior manager today and she upped it to a full-time contract!!!  It's taken three years to get that!!  I wonder if that's the world's longest interview (I've had to prove myself by working rather than formal interview).

Tell Egg and Treacle to come back.  This thread seems to be dying.

Ouchee to splin shints (LOL - typed in error but too funny to correct!) Laura.  Take care hun.

Big hugs to you both and any lurkers/returners.

• Options

image that's great news Minty

woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

will make Egg post at the weekend (she's staying at ours image)

• Options

Give her a big hug from me.  I was thinking about her the other morning and wondering how she's doing.