Options

Anyone in Munich?

Going for a long weekend in Munich and would like to run on Friday and Sunday (6th and 8th). Never been to Munich before, running about 8minute-mile pace and only for half an hour a time at the moment as recovering from anchilles problems.

Advice on a good route (or even better, a running partner) gratefully received. Don't speak a word of German I'm afraid.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LarsLars ✭✭✭
    I am not from Munich, but I know that they have the "english garden" there. Also the Olympia Park should be nice, or just along the Isar.
  • Options
    Thanks Lars - if I can find a nice spot I'm quite happy to run round it a few times (last time I ran on holiday I got lost and ran a lot further than I planned).

Weather forecast says a lot of wet snow and a high of 1 degree so I may have to pick my speed up a bit!
  • Options
    I lived in Munich for a few years. Where are you staying (area)?
    I can definintley recommend the English Garden, very big area and you can start in the centre of the city and run until you reach the outskirts of Munich. Close to various underground stations in case you don't stay near by (U6 - blue line on map).
    Munich was my pre-running time in life so unfortunatly I can not recommend any clubs/running partners.
    Along the Isar is a very nice area too, don't know that part of Munich too well, went there only for barbecues during summer. But you can run there as far as you like.
    English Garden has lights in part of city, Isar-area does not, as far as I remember.
    I lived near the city (near University), let me know if you need any further tips.
    Karin
  • Options
    Thanks Karin

We are staying with a friend but I don't know where his flat is. I've got a street map though so hopefully I can plan a route that includes the nice bits and the bits that are well lit. If you don't see a mail on Tuesday to tell you how I got on assume I'm lost!
  • Options
    Two lovely runs along the Isar (one in each direction from the Angel) - very cold but beautiful. Apparently I have been altitude training so looking forward to a fast easy run tomorrow!
  • Options
    good to hear that you enjoyed it!
    Karin