Runner's World 15-Mile Training Run, Richmond Park

Comments

• I'm travelling from Acton / Chiswick. Is anyone going via public transport to Richmond and wants to share a minicab?

Alternatively, is any kind soul driving from this area or past Richmond station on Sunday morning?

Thanks
    Russ
  • Lucy Lu - will look out for you lurking around the loos- suggest you bring more attire with you on this ocassion.

I can help out on the lift front - but only from Teddington!
  • Intel report.

Queens Rd was closed today but possible to get into Kingston Gate by going down Crescent Rd.
  • I'm travelling from Warwickshire if anyone wants a lift..
  • Russ,

I can give you a lift if you want. I live just off the Askew Road and am planning to drive.

Andrea
  • Have finally figured out a way to get to there on time after Ms ATA realised she would be unable to provide a lift.

It involves getting the last night bus from outside my house at 5:15, staying on untilTottenham Court Road, changing onto a number 14 to Putney Bridge at about 6am, then changing onto the number 85 sometime around 7am, hopefully then making it in time for the 7:30 arrival target...

Early night on Saturday, I think.
  • ATA - if you can get to Clapham Junction for about 7.00 - 7.15 I will happily give you a lift.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Stephen
  • If there is still room can I get a lift Stephen?

Rachel
  • rachel - no problem. Email me on

stephen.vey@marconi.com

and let me know what time you will be at clapham jctn. You need to be there by 7.15 latest.

Stephen
  • Andrea

That would be great.

Suffering from a bit of tendinitis at the moment, so not training for the next couple of days. I am still hoping to make Sunday though.

Can you give me a ring on 07989 304274 or e-mail me at russell@dixon-box.freeserve.co.uk and I'll call you so we can arrange where is good for you to meet up.

Thanks
    Russ
  • Hi, I'm driving to the Richond training run on Sunday from Gloucester Road/South kensington tube station area in SW7 leaving at 7am sharp. Anyone want a lift?
    Ian
  • I should still be going to this one. I have my university athletics championships on Saturday in Sheffield. Doing the 1500m so aiming for sub 4mins. I'll be driving straight back from there. Might be a little tires but I'll still go in the sub 3hr group. Hope to see you all there.
  • does anyone know if it would be safe to leave a bicycle locked up near the start/finish or somewhere near?
  • Tom, Your bike will be as (un)safe at Broomfield Car Park as in any other public place frequented by 1000 runners and their mates. Doesn't sound that attractive, somehow, does it :-)

You'll be able to lock the bike to a fence or a tree, of course, and there'll probably be some organisers in the Car Park throughout the Run - I believe that they're putting on a drinks station.
  • what will happen if i turn up with an Unregistered friend?-will we both be able to participate or will he be barred on some sort of safety grounds-how is it policed?
  • Hi i will be leaving from golders green nw london at 6.30am....anyone need a lift i have 3 places
  • Greetings Richmond Park runners.
    It will be very cold Sunday am. suggest a hat and gloves to start the event. after 1 lap they can be discarded at the start point. Please pick them up when you finish....
    The distance per lap is 7.25 miles so its 14.5 total.
    We will start at 8am.
    Cars will be boxed in (as they have been ever year) It works remarkably well.
    Water is available at each set of loos in the corners of the park. There will be water at the Start as well loos which were delivered today in the snow.
    Fastest pace group(7min/mile) will go first. followed by the next group 30 seconds later.
    Try and get there in good time, do a gentle warm up and be ready to go at 8am. Lock all unwanted clothes in your car. (Dont lose your keys) Human Race crew will be around around the start/finish area to watch over locked bikes.
    Remember this is not a race. It's a paced run and other people will be in the Park.
    Enjoy your run, its a beautiful place to train. Remember, save a bit for the killer hill at the end......!
    See you Sunday ....John
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    hi people, am booked in to do the run but it seems very likely that my lift has fallen through.

Anyone driving from Streatham/Balham/Tooting/Brixton or that sort of area with space for one?

Please email me if you can help me out
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    p.s. humanrace - if some of us have no choice but to come by public transport what are we supposed to do with the rest of our kit?

I'm supposed to be going to Keith Anderson's seminar afterwards so am expected to have a change of clothes plus lunch with me. Does RW expect me to run loaded down with kit?
  • John of the Human Race:

Is the Run staying on the main path all the way round? As you know, at Ham Gate you can EITHER
    follow the gravel path up the hill to Hornbeam Walk and along the top to Richmond Gate,
    OR
    head straight along the bottom edge of the Park to the Petersham Gate and climb the hill there to the Richmond Gate.

The low-level route is muddy and slippery by the golf course and on the hill: it will be a filthy, dangerous mess if 1000 people run along it.
  • Mava,
    bags to be left in the Human Race vehicle as per every year.
    BRM
    the route takes the "yellow brick road" - the gravel path around the park. therefore stick to the path.....
    John
  • Hi, Getting a bit nervous as i am reading about the "killer hills." I live in cambridgeshire where hills are few and far between!! So it sounds a bit gruelling! Also not sure if i'll be able to keep up with my the 9mm group all the way round, so may be joining you 10min milers! See you on Sunday
  • mavamava ✭✭✭
    humanrace ~"as per every year" - not everybody has done this before.... and I'm not psychic....
  • and I don't remember Human Race being there last year either! I didn't notice them.
  • Stephen V, I've emailed you regarding a lift from Clapham to the Richmond run too. Hopefully you'll get the message before Sunday!
  • We have helped Runners World organise this for a few years - we are the ones in the flouro jackets telling you where to park, and providing water at the finish. The 'Human Race' cars are by the start/finish, and bags can be left in there. Please try to put water cups near the bins when you have had some - thanks

Have a good run everyone
  • Rebecca, there are two short (300m long) hills on the course - one is half-way round and one is at the end of the lap. The second one is the so-called killer but it's only one short piece, you don't have to sprint up it and there's a drink or the Finish at the top. Running in a big group that's bound to slow and straggle on the hills, you'll hardly catch your breath.

Furthermore, for every up there's a down: both hill-climbs are followed by nice flat bits and longish gentle downhill stretches. You should find this a pleasant, fast route in pretty surroundings.
  • what will the sensible runner be wearing tomorrow? don't really facy having to discard extra layers and leave them in the hope of picking them up later