Too fat to run now

Comments

• You will be fine CC, after all, if running gets hard and if it is a nice day, you can finish it off as a walk like I did last Sunday! And like I will probably do this sunday as have another long run scheduled. According to plan, it is supposed to be 18 miles!!!
  • slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    My darlings, I've just popped in to give you all a big kiss MWAH

I'm off on holiday, and may not have a chance to pop in again tomorrow before I go. Take care and don't overdo this running lark!
    xxx
  • Afternoooooooooon

Slo sho, have a great holiday, where are you off to (that's just in case you do pop back in!)

lol PS!!!!!!

Am I fick....ok don't answer that one...but where are the smilies??

CC, how long is the loop? and does he take some water to slurp on?

Went over to friends last night for a curry, was yummy

Right, off to attck the weekly shop, urrrgh...

• slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭

Bodjit, put a 1 in the address after forummessages so it reads forummessages1.asp

Am going to a little tiny Channel Island called Herm - I won't  be doing any long runs there as the island is so small I'd feel like a hamster on a wheel! image

• Bodjit the loop is 2.42miles - it was about 5pm when we went yesterday so it was still hot!! Water may be a good idea - he is well hydrated before we run so it shouldn't be too much of a problem I'd have thought... Anyway, it could just be where he isn't used to running longer distances. At the running club they don't do 2miles in one go (whether just run or run/walk!)
  • wow, done it image

Thanks slo sho!

CC may be worth doing just 2 miles to start with, out and back and take water if it's warm

• iz it wurth triing the spell cheker? eye think minez ok......

• It's just I had out and backs, Bodjit - so boring!! Says she who is doing 7miles out and back tomorrow morning... I think you're right though. I'll still use the run/walk strategy...
  • Run / Walk worked for me! Alarm set for 6.30 am!

Bliddy warm here tonight!
  • Afternoon all!

Well, I managed the 7mile run. Averaged a little under 13min miling so quite chuffed with that. We chatted all the way and did it in 1hr 28mins 49secs!

How's everyone's weekend?
  • Well done CC, that was brilliant!

I managed 20 miles in 3:52. Intended to run 18 but again, misjudged the distance. Anyway, just thought I'd carry on although the last couple of miles were really hard.

I always suffer after long runs....feel sick, ache like mad and a bliddy rotten headache! I drank 1.5 litres of fluid so I'm def not dehydrated so I don't know what or why it happens! So much for replacing carbs...I'm lucky if I can eat a banana afterwards! So I've showered, taken ibuprofen and went to bed!
  • Napping is essential recovery for long runs of that distance Roz. Sadly I don't have that excuse for a power nap ;) Well done on the 20 miles!
  • I've managed to make something to eat and actually eat it...tuna pasta with tomato sauce...yum!

Headache gone and even had enough strength to walk Guy. I did miss him running beside me today but he will come on shorter runs with me. Anyway, it was hot and even though I'm a wuss when it comes to thunderstorms, it was welcome today as it cooled me down.
  • Roz and CC well done to both of you. I have been exceptionally lazy, and have not run at all :-(
    But.....I have spent hours gardening, well bramble and nettle culling, whilst the weather was good enough and before the next lot of rain arrives. I know that won't get me round a half or mara, but it did need to be done!

Roz, glad you are feeling better now

• Gardening does need to be done between raindrops Bodjit! I did mine on Friday evening after work. Trouble with exceptionally long runs on sunday is that means my Sundays are taken up with it, either before, during or recovering!

Hence no ironing done again...must do it tomorrow!
  • I'M BACK..........

Hiya everyone.

Boy am I glad to see we are still on the front page.

Have literally just logged on so have not read back and therefore doen't know what everyone has been up to or how you all are.

who wants to give me a short review? I will try read back tonight to catch up as cases to unpack and washing to do before heading back to work tomorrow.

Had a great 2 weeks. Really tanned, rested and at least 7lbs heavier!!!

No plodding what so ever - well would you when the temp was 48c. No didn't think so. Even used taxis to get into town it was too hot to walk.

Lots of boozy nights even though we had a 4 year old with us. He kept the pace up right till 2 and 3 in the morning's with the best of us.

Went quad biking which was great. A boat trip where the 4 year old copied the older boys and adults and jumped from the deck of the boat into the sea even though he was wearing arm bands and then promplty said 'Again' Lost my mobile phone overboard while trying to take his photo mind you.

Bought a lovely white gold tanzanite and diamond ring for myself while there.

All in all a good holiday. Really sorry to be home though. Went away without my medication but found I was great without it. Whether I will start it again remains to be seen.

Hippo - did you have a good holiday. Must hear how yours went.

Right better go and unpack. Speak to you all later when I have had time to read back a bit.
  • Quiet in here innit?

Speedy, welcome back image

Your holiday sounds great, and glad you had a good relaxing time, I gather your ear survived. Your ring sounds pretty.

Two weeks is a long time to go back over, the old brain cells are rusty! Roz has been running miles, as have slo sho and CC, slo sho is on holiday now. CC's eldest has also been running. Francy is busy divorcing women who have been married for 40 years and spent the last 20 having an affair, and men who have problems with erections image. PS has been fairly quiet, and I've been very lazy, and Hippo has disappeared altogether!

I now have a long week, on call too, and I'm already shattered!

• Hiya Bodjit. Sorry to hear you have a long week ahead.

I have read back a bit but in all its been very quiet on here. No one has been around much and no one here tonight.

I noticed the lack of Hippo but see she is on other thread so wonder why she hasn't popped back to say how her holiday went.

Is all deserting us here?

• BTW how are you doing the smilies?
  • hello

er, i havent had much to say thats all
  • Hiya Hippo. Have a good holiday?
  • yes it was good thankyou speedy(a few issues enroute-but)

yours seems to have beren good too
  • It was yes. Well needed. Back to reality now though
  • Got a race planned soon?
  • erm
    well, i did a shit mara, well 27 miles yesterday

wolvo is on sept 2nd
  • <sticks head into thread en route to bed to say hi xx>