Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    I'll hold him down while you do Hippo
  • Options
    I have resisted the sweets. Honest. I know what I posted yesterday but I really thought I had lost more than 1lb. You know what it is like when you get disappointed.

Hippo - you will meet him at Lochaber.
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    I know these diet clubs are focused on weight loss but if you're feeling slimmer maybe you're just gaining muscle as well as losing fat. It weighs more remember.
  • Options
    I wish. Going to have to starve a bit more and cut out the wine.
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Must go and make the dinner as its getting late. Will come back later.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Speedy - like mava and hippo say, a pound is a pound. Remember - weight fluctuates a lot from day to day because of fluid, so it might be that next week you'll notice a bigger drop because today was a 'heavy day' if that makes sense. As mava says too - if you feel slimmer then you are slimmer and that's what counts, not what the scales say. Well done resisting the sweeties though. Maybe you'd feel better if you put your shoes on and went out for a wee plod?

Husbands are cr@p aren't they?
  • Options
    "Going to have to starve a bit more and cut out the wine."

why? you are losing weight. 1lb a week sensibly is better than 5lbs a week and straight back on again once you stop whatever crazy diet is producing the weight loss.

and congrats on the decision not to go for the quality st - thats a really difficult one when you're feeling down. You keep at it.

M xx
  • Options
    Thanks debbo and M. Having a big glass of diet coke while cooking dinner. Still avoiding the Quality Street. Have got past the must have them now so I will be ok. I know 1lb a week is ok, just hoped it would have been more. When you have 5st to loose at 1lb per week it will take forever.

I should be careful what I write here. Hubby night just take it into his head to read these. He is a very private person and would be a tad upset to see what I say about him (even though it is true).
  • Options
    not forever. just over a year in fact.

how long has it taken you to put on 5 stone? i think i remember reading somewhere in your story that it was about 4 years?

just think - even if it was 1lb a week you would be almost there by this time next year. you can look at the races you are planning for this year and think how much quicker and fitter you'll be by the time you do the next year.

by the way although not posting i've been following your story since day 1 and have been so impressed with your perseverance and determination.
  • Options
    Thank you M. 52 weeks = 52 lbs = just under 4 stone. Thats right took 4 years to put on. Used to run 40 miles + a week and weight 5 stone less. Lack of running, lots of hospital stays = 1 very overweight speedy! Wish I could see myself back at all the races. Lochaber is going to be fun. I am going to be really plodding round it. But I WILL do it. As I said last night I am sure that posting here is really helping me. If I hadn't posted tonight I would have eaten the Quality Street.
    Must go see to dinner as it is nearly ready. Back later.
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    Great Speedy, you sound better already. You are doing FAB! Don't forget it. Just keep plugging away knowing we're all with you.
  • Options
    Sorry to but in on your thread, hope you don't mind! I am also 5 stone overweight and desperate to lose it. Just wanted to say that that little calculation has really motivated me, I only need to lose a pound a week and in a year I will be a long way there, yippeee!!
    Now, how to loose that pound? I've been exercising loads since the start of the year and haven't lost a single ounce let alone pound. In fact I went away to an exercise weekend at the end of January, worked my butt off, allowed myself 2 puddings over the weekend and actually put on weight!!!
    Just started a food diary this week to try to see on paper what I actually eat, and how I can best cut down.
    I enjoy reading this thread, find it motivating so thanks!
  • Options
    Hiya ally30. Welcome to this thread. It is really motivating me. I have my down days like tonight but on the whole it is really helping.

To loose that pound I had no sweets, cakes, biscuits - all the things I love. Cut down on the portion sizes (except the wine) went out plodding and still only lost 1lb. I like your idea of a food diary. I might try that. I might be shocked by what I actually eat.

Bet you will have lost weight. It will just take time to show after the weekend workout. Stay on here with us and we will all help each other. I know I need all the help I can get so please join in. Together lets says we conquer this together
  • Options
    thanks for the welcome speedy, yes we will conquer it together, all of us!!
  • Options
    Speedy

whether youve etten those sweeties or not you are doing well

Dont care if your hubby does read this

he ought to respect you more

dont worry, I wont smak his physog in when I see him i am usually polite in company

Hi ally
  • Options
    Don't want my laptop to disappear Hippo.

Just been reading the thread on walking in half marathons and its scary. Not sure about Lochaber now as I am going to be walking a lot. Appreciate about keeping the marshalls waiting and that is why I am maybe going to ask to start early.

I think you are doing great Hippo. You are really into those ultra's. What made you entered those? Good for you.
  • Options
    Off to bed now and a read before some shut eye. Nearing the end of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and its addictive. Catch you all tomorrow.

Night
  • Options
    Speedy

it isnt a case of what
    its WHO

i know who they are-and there is no let up

• Options
    Welome Ally30 to our little group. We give each other support and help so I'm sure you will like it here. I agree with Speedy, watch your portions and a food diary is an excellent idea, do it for at least a week, longer if you can perservere! I haven't got much to lose but it is still hard. I've noticed cheese creeping back into my diet so got to knock that off!

Hee hee! Hippo, you are funny, wanting to smack Speedy's hubby!!!! But I'm sure there are a few of us who feel like that for upsetting our Speedy!

Speedy, a pound lost is still in the right direction and fast weight loss does mean an even faster and heavier weight gain! It's all about changing your lifestyle for life, not until the pounds come off and then bingeing again. These little changes add up to a whole new you! Forever!

Hello again to mava, debbo and M too! As you can see, I write blumming loads cos I don't have a computer at home so here I am at 'work' lol!

Last night I did the usual track session and really enjoyed it. Trouble is, left achilles was sore towards the end (could have been some trainers I haven't worn for ages although they are still fairly new!?!)
    Anyway, plenty of tlc on it last night and this morning seems to have eased it so will rest it today (somehow!)

• Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    welcome Ally. morning all. Roz, as I always say to people, be nice to your achilles - You'll miss it when it's gone <g> as I know to my cost.

Went out for a run this morning instead of boring old cross training at the gym. Much happier as a result. Did 4.3 miles in 45 mins which isn't going to break records but suits me OK. And it was even getting light as I arrived home so spring is on its way.

Speedy, don't take any notice of those people in that thread - I think I know the one you mean and they're miserable s*ds. Yes, the marshalls do need to be considered but if there isn't a cut off time (or you're within the cut off time) then you do your own thing.

Right, off to do some work now.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Mava - here here! I think also Speedy, if you let the organisers know you are likely to be slow and they are happy with that, then none of the marshalls will complain. We'll be there to cheer you on and won't be that far ahead of you anyway!
  • Options
    Evening folks. Awful weather here tonight. Gales and rain - and guess what I went out for a plod. AND I did my 3 mile route 1 min faster than last week. Couldn't face coming on here and saying I hadn't gone out again so I braved the weather and plodded on.

Must admit I was put off a bit reading that thread about entering races just now but I feel that I need to do them to get my motivation back up and give me something to aim for. I used to think it didn't matter how slow someone was. It was the taking part and completing it that counted.

Debbo - you will be miles ahead of me.
  • Options
    wohoo-way togo Speedy!
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Think my little torch need re-charging now. It was really dark along the country road. Can't face more than the 3 miles in the dark as I find it a bit unsettling. Always shining the torch well ahead of me to check there is no one there.
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    3 miles is great Speedy, and in the wind and rain too. Not sure I would have done it. Very bracing!

Just borrowed an enormous case from my neighbour to take on my Trailplus weekend on friday. Cripes. And I got my number/chip for Reading today. I must be getting serious about this running lark :-o
  • Options
    Thats great mava. I am sure you are going to enjoy the weekend. And I hope you enjoy Reading. I did lst year even in the bad weather we had. Running does get addictive doesn't it.

Off to have my dinner now. Will come back later.
  • Options
    hi peeps,been away awhile and havent run for months,last run was the snowdonia marathon on oct 31st at abot 12 st 8 ish, and now im up to 14 st so im looking in here for motivation to start running again,keep up the good work peeps.....(just read my post back to my self, when i said id been away ,i mean work,and study not locked away!!!).
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    welcome slainte!

Speedy - well done on going out in that wind and rain. I went out this morning and it was only drizzling and not nearly so windy then. I won't be miles ahead of you - well, not many miles anyway ;)

Mava - hope trailplus is good. I'm sure it will be.