Too fat to run now

Comments

• Pops in to say Hi!

My only running is with the Tipster, and that is neither fast nor far. Hopefully the chiropractor will sort me out. Fed up with not being able to run free, it has been a long time. 

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

No running here since NF10 Eagle.
    Hope the chiro gets you sorted asap.

Well done for your walking Speedy.

I am just stupidly busy ALL the time. Work is a bit of a drag. Horse duties have taken on a whole new dimension of time consumption. I'm trying to get some jobs done around the lily-pad while the weather is good. Busy busy busy - but no running.

Hello Tippy my lovely.

• Hello all. Hope chiropractor sorts things out for you RE.

Been really busy here. 10 miles walked at weekend and 6 miles walked/plodded yesterday. Child minding today.

Sad news my son in law (well ex as he and my daughter divorced many years ago but we have remained good friends) died at the weekend. He had an inoperable brain tumour. Been to see his parents today. His new wife didn't tell them but posted on Facebook to say he had died. What a horrible way to find out your son had died.

Back to work tomorrow ????
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Oh Speedy. That is sad news. My condolences to you.
    What a strange action by his wife.

Well done for your walk/plod.

• Hi Speedy G

Thanks for starting this thread. In a fit of enthusiasm  I applied for the GNR, thought over subscribed, not get in but at least I tried....sort of mind frame. However I got a place and now panic is setting in. The beautiful training plan went out of the window ages ago. My times seem to get slower not faster but I was so cheered up by the fact you had done it in the kind of time I am hoping for. I am 67 and still overweight. In this weather I sweat buckets and look a lovely shade of lobster red ( there is no glamour in my running). Any tips for GNR, I think my feet are like lead as the trepidation sets in, only a few weeks to go...!!! 

• Hi all. I seem to always be saying sorry not been around these days but I genuinely have been tied up.

Spoke with SIL wife and I got to go into funeral home to say goodbye. It was so sad. There he was in his gillie shirt and kilt. He looked so peaceful. At least he is out of pain now. I didn't go to funeral although I could have but I had already said I would go with his parents and my granddaughter to let off balloons. They were forbidden to go to funeral. Long story.

Did a 14 mile walk last weekend. Weather was not good down at caravan. Most of walk was in the rain. Another 14 planned this weekend.

GNR number came today but I am holding it over till next year. I am just not fit enough to plod. Mind you I suppose I could walk it...lol. No I am doing Kielder Water 6 days later so going for that instead this year.

Enough of me. Limper how are you? How are you boys?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

I'm ticking along, thanks Speedy. I'm not really running because of 'things'. Work and home has been very stressful for the last couple of months, but hopefully we are settling down a bit now.
    I'm loving this hot weather. It's too hot for exercise and the garden is completely dead - but the sunniness makes me happy.

• Glad you are enjoying the sun Limper. Hope things are improving for you. It has been nice up here but yesterday and today has been wet and windy.

Did 14 mile walk on Friday, 3 miles yesterday and 3 miles today. 4 weeks Saturday to Kielder. Mixing in a little plodding into the walks.

What are you boys up to?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Well done for all your walk-plodding Speedy. It sounds as though you are really committed to it.

We're having a bit of a family do today in the form of a garden party / buffet. Currently the wind is howling off the sea at a million miles an hour and I can barely open the back door let alone hang the bunting from the shrubbery!!
    Where did the beautiful summer go? image

• Morning. Thank you limper. 16 miles walked yesterday. It was dry but oh boy it was windy. Going over Forth Bridge was a struggle as into the wind. At least it was at our back on way back over. I left the route up to friend. Big mistake....lol. The last couple of miles were really steep hills.

Plodding is still proving hard. I have the distance in walking but the minute I try a plod I struggle. Breathing is all wrong and legs only plod a short distance before back to walking. I think I am still too heavy to plod.

I am now down 2st 6lbs. This takes me to 4lbs less than when I started this thread. Since then I have lost the weight twice, gained it plus lots more. Determined to get it off and keep it off. Getting too old for yo yo dieting. 5st to lose yet.

Hope your garden party goes well today Limper. It's windy here but not as bad as yesterday. I hope the rain stays off for you.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Excellent weight loss Speedy. Well done. Are you enjoying all the long walks?

I've managed two micro-jogs in the whole of August. Oh dear image
    Maybe September will be a new chapter.

• Hi all. Hope you are all well. Seems we are not visiting hear as much these days. I am going to try and get on more often.

Yes I am enjoying the long walks Limper. 18 miles completed yesterday. Surprised just how fit I feel. 3 weeks till Kielder Water and on target to complete in a decent time.

Hopefully Sept will prove a good month for you Limper.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

I ran.
    Only a little bit though.

• Morning.

Well done Limper.

Enjoy bank holiday all.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

It's absolutely tipping with rain here and has been all night. There are a lot of soggy tents and disgruntled innits around the place.

• We have been lucky this week. It has been dry and the sun shone through.

Work is tough just now so I am happy to get out walking when I get home.

Plodding will re start in 3 weeks after Kielder but I am doing little plods in my walking ???

Where are the boys?

Hope everyone is ok.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Thank goodness it's Friday.

• I plodded 3 miles ???? It was slow and ungainly. Apart from walking up the hill I plodded it all.

How is everyone? Seems it's just you and me these days Limper.
  • Well done Speedy!!!

• Thank you Limper.  How are you?

Only a week till Kielder now.

• I'm not too bad thanks. I'm thinking of doing a 10 mile event tomorrow... I haven't been training and I'm not fit, but it's an annual favourite of mine. I'll see how I feel in the morning!

Is Kielder marathon distance?  What sort of terrain? Are you looking forward to it?

• Micro jog at zombie pace done this morning. My injuries are screaming at me now. It was beautiful out along the coast though so was worth a bit of pain. Plus I have choclit to help me recover!!

• Evening. So you didn't do the 10 miler then? Well done on getting out for a run though. Hope your injuries are not too bad. Take care of yourself.

Kielder is 25.3 miles but I am going to do another mile to make it marathon distance. It is all off road. A path right round the lake. Very undulating I believe so I have been trying to incorporate hills in my walks. Did 13 miles in the forest yesterday. Yes I am looking forward to it. Nervous but excited too.
  • Good luck to Speedy on her marathon walk.

• Hello Limper.  How are you?

Well I did the full distance plus a little to make 26.3 miles.  Boy was it hilly.  Not huge climbs but constant rolling hills.  A roller coaster of 26 miles.  It was a lovely day and scenery beautiful.   Really felt the difference in being fitter.  Happy bunny.  Now to think of what to do next image

• Well done Speedy. That is a wonderful achievement. Maybe you should look into doing more events with the LDWA.

It feels Scottish down here in Limperland... misty and quiet and the air is full of biting bugs!!

• Morning Limped.  How are you?

It has been misty up here all last week.  Lovely and sunny yesterday.  Hubby did the Dumfries half marathon.  I walked the dogs round a lovely 2.5 mile walk Roy.college grounds then went for a 3 mile plod.  That was tough.  I just can't get my breathing right now.  Was truly puffed.

• Lovely weather here just now. Need to get out to shuffle.
  • It's very warm down here Speedy. Hope you enjoy your shuffle. I'm having a baking day image