Too fat to run now

Comments

• slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    Bodjit I'll accept that kind offer, thanks very much!

Roz I'm doing one of those schedules that has you hit 20 miles now then drop right down again - I'm still intending to hang onto the back of your t-shirt at Leicester, you know! My name's not Slo Sho for nothing...
  • You still did Abingdon quicker than me!!! I just want to keep up with you!!! More time to chat!!
  • Morning or should I say nearly Afternoon ;)

Been out for a ploddle round - 2.42 miles on my own and then 1.38miles employing run walk strategy (2mins run 1min walk) with youngest little CC! He was smiling all the way round and had plenty of energy. Will have to make it a longer one next time ;) He seemed to enjoy himself and wants to come out again.

Cloudy to start here but now it is blue sky and that funny yellow thing again!!

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

• Oh forgot to say the most exciting and important bit!

We had a squirrel in our front garden this morning! We thought it unusual since we are only 2 streets away from the main road through the town!! Not had one before - it was sat eating something. Unfortunately, by the time we got our cameras it had gone again. I'm sure it was eating some of the cat's food! (Our cat is an adopted outdoor cat!)
  • Hellllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooo anyone there???

I guess everyone is out enjoying the sunshine!
  • erm...what sunshine?????? Tis still cloudy here :-(

Well done on your double plod today CC

We have just returned from the tip, now that's exciting!!

We have a squirrel round here that frequently runs backwards and forth across the elctricity cable, and jumps from one to the other!

• slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    sunshiny and hot here, thought I was going to melt on this morning's plod. No squirrels, but lots of bunnies in the early part of my route.

Roz, I'm definitely up for more chatting! We can talk for 26.2 miles, of that I have no doubt - we managed it for 18 miles at Abingdon and we'd never even met before!

been wrestling with the gardening this afternoon. I'm hot and tired now, off to sit down with the newspaper and a cold, cold lager :-)
  • Hi Sho, did you do your 20 miler? LSR for me tomorrow so am off to beddy byes now. Not sure what time I will be setting off cos I tend to faff around with breakfast and drinks etc, before I make my move. Garmin being charged up as I write. Garmin still not working 100% so I think I will have to send it back for service or whatever. Trouble is, I'm so dependent on it, I can't bear to run without it!

Sad ain't I?
  • I'm off to bed too!!

Roz, have a good LSR tomorrow, and if you are sad......so am I!! I'm just the same ;-)

Off to a pub lunch tomorrow, about 14 of us, taking our own cutlery as they still have problems with their water!

<goes off wondering about the plates/glasses and how the veg will be cooked....increases life insurance!>

• Morning!

Beautiful day here and am ready in my running gear. I've decided to do a route of about 10 miles and then take Guy out for a shorter run. I am missing him already and I haven't set off yet! Barmy woman I am!
  • slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    Good luck with your LSR Roz. yes, I did my LSR, with the emphasis on the "S"!

Hope you're all having a good Sunday...
  • And I'm sat on my a*se doing nothing!! Although I did run yesterday...

Just cleaned the bath - just the rest of the bathroom to do now (but doing it in stages because it's so hot!)

Watching Dr Who on DVD - helps with the withdrawal symptoms ;)

Can't wait for the Christmas special and the new series of Torchwood next year.

And yes, I know I'm mad and sad :D
  • Well, I'm a bit disappointed with run. Managed 11 miles and then the wheels fell off! Had to walk another 3.4 miles to get home! Do those walking miles count? I misjudged the distance too!

All I can think of is the 9 mile run I did on Friday just took the edge off my LSR today.

Too hot for bathroom cleaning CC

In fact, I put on factor 20 and still caught the sun today!

• Need to put on suncream at least 30-45mins before you even head out into the sun to give it time to be absorbed Roz.

Is it sweatresistant, water-resistant? If not, then you will probably have sweated it off!!

Ultrasun do a factor 20 especially for sports. It is a gel liquid rather than a cream and absorbs easily. It's a once a day job! You still have to put it on about 30 mins before you go out to make sure it's absorbed enough but it does really work!! And I'm quite fair skinned!
  • http://www.ultrasun.co.uk

This will give a list of suppliers, both on the high street and online.

Hope the link works (it's my first one!) and it gives you helpful info.

CC xx
  • And the link works!! Just checked it.
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Can I just say 'well done' to mava? And she's completely bonkers.
  • We haven't seen mava for ages on here, UltraWomble. How is she?
  • bungee jumping indeed. oh my oh my whatever next

last time i spoke to mava, about three/four days ago she seemed very well if bonkers.
  • Evening

Roz, yes, the walking miles still count, but is was hot today!

Lunch was good, as was tea, then got back and my exercise was hoovering out the car ;-)

Bungee jumping..?!?!
    Deffo mad ;-)

• Thanks for the link CC, I'll try that when I get time. Probably didn't allow suncream enough time but I didn't burn, just tanned. It is sweat and water resistant.

I'm glad walking miles counted but will have to get my act together if I'm going to attempt more LSRs!

Blimey! I haven't heard anything from Mava for ages and she's BUNGEE JUMPING?!?!?! Mad woman!
  • hello gelz and boyz

where is everyone? out running?

just had a teensy run intervals sesh with adam. humph. gotta get fitter. my bloody hip hurts so bad though.

*grumble mumble grumble*
  • Did 3.75miles on my own tonight when Mr CC got home from work. It was very windy and very humid and hot. Went off too fast and suffered but hung on to manage just under 12min/miling for the whole run!

A couple of youths who were old enough to know better were heckling/shouting at me for the last quarter of a mile but I just pretended to be deaf! Didn't listen to what they were saying just wanted to get home for me dinner!

Eldest little CC didn't accompany me today - he wasn't feeling very well yesterday, went to a birthday disco, came home after 1.5hrs (with an hour still to go), didn't look very well and was promptly ill just before going to bed. So he's not had much to eat today to give him time to recover and definitely no running, especially in this heat. I think it was a combination of heat, humidity and days getting overexcited about going to the disco.

Watching Dr Who repeat on BBC3.

• Nah! No running today Francy. Was going to do a marathon of ironing but again, CBA'd!

Off to do training session tomorrow at track (hopefully!)

Hope your hip recovers for your next beasting with Adam! lol!
  • Hi CC, sounds like a bit of a traumatic time all round! <sings> Things..can only get better!!
  • Morning!

Told you I'd CBA the ironing and I did!

I've planned a barbecue on BH weekend. You watch, it will rain! The lovely V will be coming up too so I guess he will be on BBQ duties!

I'll be getting plastic cutlery and paper plates...no way am I washing up!
  • Plastic cutlery and paper plates - very environmental friendly Roz ;) (joking!)

Why not get picnic cutlery that are dishwasher safe (if you have a dishwasher!!)? You can get some quite nice sets from Tescos now (we have some we use for camping and they survive our dishwasher!)

Come on now, positive attitude about the weather for BH weekend. It is going to be dry and sunny spells, a few clouds just keep things from getting too hot (but of the white fluffy variety!).

How many have you invited for BBQ? Why not just have you and V? Or is it a family one? Or friends? Less people = less preparation, less food = less washing up!!

We used our BBQ last week and ate outside. Lovely - so much cooler too!

Ironing can wait!

Eldest little CC had very little to eat during the day yesterday and had a small evening meal. He is certainly looking better and says he is feeling better. Trouble is with him and his Aspergers, he reacts totally over the top to everything ie usual reaction x 10+! Hence instead of just being excited about the disco, he's spent days thinking about it getting excited, winding himself up...

Glad your marathon training is going well, Roz.
  • Hi Sho - done anymore referee-ing recently or have the kids sorted themselves out? Hope your marathon training is going OK although it must be hard during the school summer holidays to fit it in! I struggle to fit 3 runs a week in, although they tend to be shorter because I have less time available.

• Hi CC, no I don't have a dishwasher and my current tally of plates comes to 3 so hardly enough for the rabble I've invited - family and close friends so I'm expecting about 20 ish people.

I'll put paper for recycling but a good idea re camping/picnic stuff...will do for another time (if I survive this one!)

Yes, PMA for weather CC but just in case, I have the conservatory as plan B!

Mentally I don't think training is going well, I don't think my heart is in it as much but I force myself out on the roads! Funnily enough, I do enjoy it once I'm out there, so I don't know what is going on. Maybe I'm just a bit down cos I didn't run as well as I expected on Sunday although in my defence, it was blooming hot! Good job I remembered a tip I once read in RW... if you run out of water, look for a church with graves as there is usually an outside tap...and there was! So I had a lovely cool drink of water and filled up my drinks bottle.

I don't know much about Aspergers CC but it sounds like hard work at times!