Two Castles Run 10K

Comments

• I never train through an injury, it's not worth it, it buggers you up in the longterm. And running dosed-up makes it worse as you're masking the pain of the additional damage you're doing. I'm not having a go at you, but is it really worth it, can you not simply take it easy for this one race? There'll be another one after it you know.
  • For those of you who might want to miss this one there is another local race soon
    The Stratford Summer 6 is about the same distance and only a few miles down the road. Might give people a chance to get over the injuries.....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=27968
  • Okay...anyone up for a dare?

I think we should try perdicting our times for the race. A good oppportunity to challenge ourselves without loosing face (as I only know my husband on this thread!)

I don't mind going first:

Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Feel the need - 1815 (45 min 46 seconds)
    Chunky One - Ian Lang - 100
    (Jumping Jack) Flash - 255
    Guy Heaton - 371
    Fastest Fat Man - 557
    Flanker - 706
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Running Caz 1785
    Prue 2175
    JohnB 654
    Ultra Minnie 2271

Anyone brave enough to follow?????
  • Careful FTN, I will be somewhere in the pack around you, but won't predict a time as I have had to ease up training due to a new job.

See you ther guys.

Getting excited now....
  • Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Guy Heaton - 371
    Fastest Fat Man - 557 (51 min 58sec's)
    Flanker - 706
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Running Caz 1785
    Prue 2175
    JohnB 654
  • God only knows!! Running has been VERY unpredicatable lately. I HOPE to be around 45mins, I think!!

Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Guy Heaton - 371
    Flanker - 706
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Running Caz 1785 (45:30)
    Prue 2175 (sorry Prue but...sub 50 :-))
    JohnB 654
  • RC is that time mean your now running this or is it a safe bet as you may not ?????
  • Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Guy Heaton - 371
    Flanker - 706
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Prue 2175 (sorry Prue but...sub 50 :-))
    JohnB 654
    Tupper 230 (38 mins)
  • PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Caz - let me delete the above, injury n all.

I'll be lucky to run the whole way if Fridays run was anything to go by :-(

Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Guy Heaton - 371
    Flanker - 706
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Prue 2175 (54.00)
    JohnB 654
    Tupper 230 (38 mins)

• Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Guy Heaton - 371
    Flanker - 706
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Prue 2175 (54.00)
    JohnB 654
    Tupper 230 (38 mins)
    anthony a 915 (52 mins)
  • Hmmmm, well Nibbs, you know the score!! At the moment it's a 'yes' but with 14 hours still left til the start, anything could happen ;-)

aa - see you somewhere around the start. Hope you are up for a drink after too (will avoid carvery this weekend though :-))

Prue - will speak to you later but SHOULD be round for you 7:15
  • Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Guy Heaton - 371 (50 mins 1.25secs)
    Flanker - 706
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Prue 2175 (54.00)
    JohnB 654
    Tupper 230 (38 mins)
    anthony a 915 (52 mins)
  • flankerflanker ✭✭✭
    The back has resonded well to treatment and feels nearly back to normal, so should be able to get somewhere close to target if it holds out ...

Nibbs 779
    Banbert - 108
    Guy Heaton - 371 (50 mins 1.25secs)
    Flanker - 706 (48 mins)
    Mikey Lazy - 921
    Prue 2175 (54.00)
    JohnB 654
    Tupper 230 (38 mins)
    anthony a 915 (52 mins)
  • flankerflanker ✭✭✭
    well, prediction was way out! Doesn't undulating mean down as well as up?

Took it a bit easy early on to loosen the back up and then struggled with it a bit in the middle section. Eventually got into my stride about 6-7k, missed the 9k marker which didn't help my finish but managed to come in on 51 dead. Not good, but given the build up I suppose I should be happy to get around in one piece. Hope you all did better than me!
  • I have to agree with you Flanker that hill from the Kilometer one to Kilometer 10 did tend to slow things down a bit . Marshals were great and the whole thing was well organised especialy with a field of over 2000 runners , great medal but if you'r taking notes mr Organiser can we run the other way next year :-)
  • flankerflanker ✭✭✭
    Nibbs, my turn to agree with you: marshalling and organisation was great, especially given the size of the field.

A louder PA at the start might have helped though!
  • Thought it was a very well run event. The mayor had a mare on the pa.
  • I agree marshalling and organisation spot on i was 2 minutes outside my prediction lost it at 7k the sign welcome to kenilworth on the uphill may as well have said bad luck you nearly made it ha ha well done to everyone who competed today
  • I agree with you all. The course was one when the hills go up but never seem to go down to the same degree. I was absolutely cream crackered by the end and really disappointed in my finish time of approx 45 mins. But as usual of races around this neck of the woods, the organisation was brill, marshalls were great and scenery lovely. Great medal too.

Time to get back to some proper training!
  • Great fun for my first race. Lol, the hill was hard work. I did it in 54'18", not too bad for me I think.

Anyone else hear the people on the balcony in Leek Wooton playing Chariots of Fire?

Medal was cool.

Time to book my next one I think.
  • Woohoo, I love this race.

I did 43:51 on my garmin, probably a shade over 44 when the results come out. Still, I did 49.45 last year, so definitely improving.

What are you lot on about. I love the hills in this race, never too steep, and the down hill finish was a doozy - let me sprint in!

Even better, I am in the front of one of the pics on the web already, looking cool in shades! (I found all the rest of my party last time, except me).

Excellent organisation, couldn't hear much before the race started though, and the chilled water is an absolutely brilliant idea.

I'll probably reach earth again when I get to work tomorrow....
  • PruePrue ✭✭✭
    What happened???

i'm sure they snuck in
    an extra 1K, as i was
    well over my time!!!!!

Loved the medal!
  • I made sure I was near the start line this morning. It must have been a real bottle neck through park gate to hit the road. PLeased (-ish) with time 44mins, but I was just outside top.(Boo hoo!) Being greedy since it was my first 10km race in 5 years!
    Enjoyed the downhill finish though. Made a guy chase to the finish with me and he puked over the line. Have that!!!!
  • Der, I meant to say ...'just outside top 10'
  • May I publically thank my husband (Fastest FatMan) for giving up his race number to mind the kiddies today, as we had no takers on minding the 4 of them. I LOVE YOU xxx
  • Has anyone had a nightmare where you turn up for a race and everyones already left?

For some strange reason, I thought the race started at 9:30 - didn't get to the start until nearly ten past 9 to see the starting gantry being dismantled and the road by warwick castle had reopened.

Ran the whole race with my number folded in my hand as I didn't want to waste any more time.

My official time was around 55mins but it only took 47:37 from start to finish - GUTTED!

How much of an idiot am I? I'm hoping it's not just me this has happened to!
  • Hey, FTN, we must have crosed the line pretty close together! It wasn't me puking though!
  • flankerflanker ✭✭✭
    hey JJF - whereabouts did you find the pics? Not seen any in any of the usual places yet.
  • flankerflanker ✭✭✭
    Ooops - hadn't checked the obvious place of the event web site. Doh.
  • During the race my friend and I were talking about the route perhaps being a bit easier the other way round another running told us that was not the case because they had tried it in training!