Inov8 offroaders

DiS's Mum:
Has anybody any experience of Inov8 Mudroc and Flyroc 310?

They were great to run in and very light but both pairs I have owned have worn behind the heel on the inside of the shoe. Inov8 thinks this is a rare problem due to my particular feet, but has anyone else experienced this problem?

If so, what did you do to solve it? Is there no other solution but to throw them away?

Comments

• I've got the Mudroc and Terroc.

The Mudrocs were a revelation in width sizing after narrow Walshes, but I did find the lowe heel counter took a bit of getting used to. I did get a bit of rubbing and blsters on the heel of my smaller foot. Got a pair of "volume adjusters" (actually just flat insoles that go below the normal insole) and that eliminated the problem. Inov8 sell these - you should be able to get them without too much difficulty.

The Terrocs, by contrast, seem to be too high round the front/lateral aspect of the ankle to the extent that they rub my lateral malleolus (bony ankle bit on the outside).

After adjustment, however, I've found them both very good shoes.
  • I've got Terrocs & Flyrocs & both have worn inside at the heel - not sure how to fix it, though!

Will send a note to Inov8 when I get a minute - perhaps they will take it seriously if a number of us contact them...
  • Greyhound - i have found the same with the terroc - what adjustment did you carry out to stop the rubbing? they are fantastic shoes but the rubbing is a pain.

• ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    it maybe worth just trying different lacing arrangements to "lock" your heel in place - see the RW article at http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=482
  • I've got Mudrocs (need the cushioning but they're way too wide, road shoes i always wear NB for the width fittings) & they always give me heel blisters, whether worn with 1 or 2 pairs of socks. Lace locking doesn't seem to help.
  • Celtic Duo

So far I haven't adjusted my Terrocs. However after this morning's run I'm thinking of doing some judicious trimming with a Stanley knife - it only seems to affect my right (smaller) foot.

Before anyone howls at such sacriligeous vandalism, back in the bad old days of the '80s the mark of a runner in the know was that he/she had hacked off the "protective achilles heel tab" :-)

DiS's mum, re-reading you post I see I've misinterpreted your original post. I wish my shoes had worn, rather than my feet - the latter is much more uncomfortable!

Duck Girl, volume adjusters did the trick for me - even wearing 2 pairs of sock gave me blisters before.
  • Update:

No surgery needed on Terrocs. Swapping my volume adjusters round from the Mudrocs did the trick.

Unfortunately I'm sitting with a right ankle bigger than the rest due to an untoward encouter with a tree root this morning - but can't blame the shoes for that.

Seriously thinking about getting some Flyrocs to complete my collection...