Theoretically, I should be in week 3 of my training programme. However, I've had three recent(ish) disruptions from training, and am trying to decide whether to defer my place until next year.
First big disruption came after the Blackpool marathon last June, namely achilles tendonitis (left leg). I didn't get back into proper training until September what with one thing and another.
Things went fine until I hurt my right foot (soft tissue) and couldn't walk/run for a week in late December. I then had 9 days of training, with a bit of soreness in the left knee (don't know why) until I got hit by the flu/cold thing doing the rounds. I don't seem to be able to shake it off and haven't run (bar one short run last week which made me much worse) for over two weeks.
I don't want to sound offensive, but as I ran Blackpool in a GFYA time (3:29), I know I can run a marathon fairly well, and I'm not interested in getting round. Assuming I can start training this weekend, have I left it too late to run semi-OK at London (say sub 3:45)? If not, what's going to be the best way of re-starting my training so that I don't wreck my legs within a few weeks but still get enough long runs in?
Assistance gratefully received. I'm not a member of a club, so I don't know who else to ask!