Team Macmillan (FLM 2005)

2»

Comments

• This was my first marathon, and first time running for Macmillan. The support was brilliant (thanks for having some spare letters at the expo, so I could iron my name onto the t-shirt), especially from the Macmillan cheerers during the last 5 miles. (Boy oh boy do we need it then!)

• As you saw Kath I previously posted this message on last year's Team Macmillan thread, so I thought I'd better copy and paste it onto this year's.

The crowd support on the day was fantastic but no-one cheered louder than the Macmillan supporters at The Old Rose pub. Thanks for giving me such a lift! The iron-on name letters were also a great idea - it felt like everyone in the crowd actually knew me. In fact, at one point a runner next to me turned and said "Who the hell is this guy Paul they're all cheering for?"

Thanks Macmillan for giving me such great support in running my first Marathon. I think your team did a great job all round. The information pack and newsletters before the race were very helpful. During the race, the cheering points helped to give the runners a big lift. Finally, after the race, I could not have received a warmer welcome at the Recovery Centre. The money is now rapidly coming in and I look forward to sending it to you as soon as possible.