Options

Feeling tired

Just been reading a few posts and have noticed a few passing comments about feeling tired. Well I am feeling very tired today and a bit worried I may be overtraining. I recently hit the 30 mile per week mark and have kept it up for 2 weeks now, now in the middle of my third 30 mile week and wondering whether I will have the energy to do my last long run before the Glasgow Half Marathon. Is it normal to feel very tired and does your body adjust or should I cut back a little.

Comments

• Options
    Jane, Do you take a rest day.
    Robin
  • Options
    I took a rest day on Monday and am taking another on Saturday when I will be treating myself to a massage. Was hoping to do a 10 to 12 miler tomorrow but will probably put it off until Sunday. I normally take off 3 rest days a fortnight.
  • Options
    To be honest it looks like you're probably getting enough rest. I usually train 45- 50 mpw and take Friday's off each week in prep for either a race or a long run at the weekend. I think some tiredness is part and parcel of putting in good miles in preparation for a race from half marathon up. So long as the fatigue is not seriously interfering with other stuff you want to be able to do I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    You may simply need to eat more and sleep more? And do make sure that you're getting enough iron and B12 in your diet.

Hild
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Make sure you are gettin extra sleep - an hour a night more than normal would be a great help at 30 miles a week. Also, watch your diet - make sure you refuel properly after each run, and don't neglect good quality protien, which your body need to repair itself. Carbs are not enough on their own.

Are you meeting up with the other forumites at Glasgow? (Message in URWFRC forum).
  • Options
    If i do an 8/12 week program, i expect to start to feel tired at the end of week three for a few weeks then i come out of it the other end after my system has adjusted to the change.
    I agree with MR that its what happens when you up your training to do better.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone for their comments. Not been too hungry the last few days not sure why. Normally I eat well hence the 1st I could do with losing. Its been very warm the last few days so that may have something to do with it. Going out for a meal and a few drinks tonight as I have a rest day tommorrow will have a lie in and be raring to go on Sunday morning for my long run.

To Jeannie, don't know what my plans are yet regarding Glasgow, my family are probably not going to be with me so may try to meet up with you.