ING New York City Marathon 2005

Comments

• Are there still places left with SportsTours?
  • There are some charity places that I know of. Mencap are advertising here in Northern Ireland.
  • URR - Sports Tours are full I believe. Check the website but I'm sure I noticed entries were closed recently. Just waiting to get my entry confirmed, STI don't seem to be very speedy.
  • We have space available through our charity tie ups - there is a list of 22 charities holding space on our website at www.209events.com. Other than the charity spaces we are full.
  • Paul a

I'm still waiting for entry confirmation from STI as well. I recall you saying that you are on the same itinery as me (5 days coming back on the Tuesday. We will have to arrange to do a few warm up runs along the aisles during the flight (avoiding hostess trolleys of course!),

Admiral W
  • Admiral Warnchester
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR
    pab (ballot)

it would be nice to hace a list of people who have entered though the ballot to see just how many do get accepted

pab (fingers crossed):)
    Josie Jump
  • Admiral W

Can't say that we are on the same flight but our itineraries were v similar. I will be wearing a red rose in my buttonhole and carrying a rolled up copy og the New York Times under my arm!

Looking forward to it already? Are you doing any marathons before NY?
  • I have a ballot entry - but it dates back to 2003 ( I deferred because I was pregnant and then again because I'd not long had the baby) I do plan to run this year!!
  • Well done BevR - see you there!
  • Cool BevR, nice pic too! I add you to the list:

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR
    pab (ballot)

it would be nice to hace a list of people who have entered though the ballot to see just how many do get accepted

Josie Jump

Really looking forward to NYC 2005, especially after I had to drop out of FLM 2005. I always do well in NYC so I am less worried.
  • Paul a

I had considered running a Spring marathon as I seem to be running reasonably well (for me) at the moment. A few weeks ago I completed the Gloucester 20 in 2 hours 29 mins which I was happy with. However, I have decided to wait until the NYC for my first marathon of the year (I guess you could say that I'm saving myself!) Will probably run "Man Verses Horse" (22 miles multi terrain) during the Summer.

What are everyone elses plans? When are you going to start "properly training" for the NYC?

Admiral M (aka Phil)
  • I've entered the ballot and will maybe do Belfast in Spring. If I don't get accepted for New York I'll do Dublin which is around the same time.
  • Coolio Jape, added you to the list! Good luck!

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
  • Admiral W

I'm entered for the Copenhagen Marathon 22 May and then will take it from there. Will probably run a summer marathon, maybe New Forest (did the half last year and enjoyed the set-up, might be a bit close to NY but I'll see how it goes.

Keep in touch everyone, we should have a substantial thread by November!
  • also another club runner has entered via ballot so just adding to list

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    tall panda
  • The Rosemere Cancer Foundation, Royal Preston has entries for charity runners. Run for Free, raise £750 for Free flight & Entry, raise £1500 for entry, accommodation & flight. Tel Ron 01772-523598

Cheers
  • They must all set different levels. I looked at Mencap and there it's £2000 for entry, accommodation and flights I think...
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Entered though the ballot (just to see how many do get accepted)

Josie Jump
    Jape
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
  • Good luck to all on the ballot. Last year 4 of my friends (2 US based, 2 overseas) entered on the ballot - 2 got in. 50% ain't a bad rate if that survey was accurate!!

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
  • Anyone seen their name on the entrant database yet on the ING NY Marathon website? Not me thats for sure, I don't think Sports Tours are what you would call fast workers......it must be over 2 months since I completed the entry form and paid the entry fee.
  • I think if i am right that your names do not go on the database untill late August or even September.Defintly after they have done the ballot, somebody correct me if i am wrong
  • As far as I remember it works a bit different if you go via an accredited tour operator (SportsTours and 2:09 Events). The operators have already a number of guaranted places. Likely the NYCC has a different deadline to submit the details of all the runners.
  • I entered via the ballot (will be my 1st marathon if I get in). So, for the sake of statistics...

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
    fishyweb
  • ive entered thru the ballot. Entered last year but didnt secure a place :)

Not too hopefull
  • Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
    Twisted Blister
    fishyweb
  • I'm very excited and scared at the same time! Does anyone know what the ratio of places to applicants is?

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    Padma
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
    Twisted Blister
    fishyweb
  • Website says that the internation ballot is drawn in mid May so not much longer to wait :-)

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    Mark Harrild 3
    Padma
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
    Twisted Blister
    fishyweb
  • padma from people i have spoken too about 50% get in , me and another club runner have entered via the ballot so i`m keeping my fingers crossed that its me, because he won the london marathon club place

pab :)
  • Thanks Pab and good luck. At least we won't have to be held in suspense for too long.