Options

ING New York City Marathon 2005

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I just submitted a lottery application for this year's race.

Ran it in 2004 and loved it - best of luck to everyone already entered in the ballot, hope we all get some good news mid-May :o)

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Entered though the ballot (just to see how many do get accepted)

Josie Jump
    Jape
    Mark Harrild 3
    pab (fingers crossed):)
    Padma
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
    Twisted Blister
    fishyweb
    BenjaminJP
  • Options
    Just getting this to the top of the page, for a gentle reminder that the deadline for overseas online ballot entries is 1st May. Come on you waverers, you know it makes sense. You can even defer, once you have that all-important place!!
  • Options
    Paul A,

Just read this link and can clarify that your entry details will not be posted onto the NYRRC website until late August. I have a friend who works at sportstours who clarified this for me. Sportstours will be taking over 3500 people I believe so should be a good weekend.
  • Options
    Thanks Jim Sam, 3500 people sounds like it should be fun. Are you entering too?
  • Options
    Jim Sam, do they send you an email before late August whether you're accepted or not?
  • Options
    I will be there again this year for definate. Jape- You won't receive an email from NYRRC or Sportstours, but you can check your details on the NYRRC website closer to the time. The registration cards will arrive mid-october, which will have your race card in and an information booklet, they always get sent from NY quite late and not everybody gets theirs before they go out. It isn't a problem though as you only need your passport to pick up your race number.
  • Options
    I'm a newbie on this thread - recovered a bit from FLM now and starting to look forward to NY! Hubby and I are both doing NY this year - going with 2:09/Sports Tours. Anyone else going with them? (sorry if this is has already been answered on previous pages - haven't looked thru them all!)
  • Options
    Another question for anyone with previous experience, is the start the same as London with start pens allocated according to predicted finishing time?
  • Options
    How do the ballot people know if they are in or not ? Also when do they take the cash?
  • Options
    Sheffield Shuffler - On the entry form the organisers ask for your time in the last marathon and your target time. Based on those two times they usually allocate you to a start block. 1-50 Elite, 50-1000 2:45 etc. Very similar to London.
  • Options
    Josie, the ballot happens in mid-May. I think they email (but check the website) and they take the money out then if you are successful.
  • Options
    So it's just a case of checking statements then?
  • Options
    Thanks URR,having just dipped inside the qualifying time I just wondered what sort of start I could expect. The challange now is keeping the FLM training going through the summer.
  • Options
    Hello Jape! Are ya still an air-musician? Did the rhythmn get you?!

• Options
    New York will notify all people who entered the lottery by email after the draw has been made. The tour operator place runners, because they are guaranteed places don't get notification from New York, but once all the names have been been processed they will appear on the NYRR website - most likely in August.

I think there may be a little bit of double accounting on Sports Tours numbers, 1000 of the 3000 places are with us at 2:09 Events - STI are acting as our travel agent but the trips are operated entirely seperately!
  • Options
    Hi P., still going strong on the old air-sax and air-steel drum. You still air-singing? Have you signed up for NY too?
  • Options
    Mike G., thanks for the explanation. Can't wait for the results!
  • Options
    Yep, I've entered the ballot. Yikes!

Still air singing and actual singing too, though not to any actual people. I'm shy!
  • Options
    Only 3 weeks till the result and I'll finally know what I'll be doing for my holidays this year. Do you intend to stay longer if you get through the ballot or will you just go for a couple of days?
  • Options
    It'll be a holiday, shopping trip, running extravangza! There will be a lot of shopping as part of my tapering excercise, then the marathon, then I shall perch on a bar stool somewhere and consume a fair amount of cocktails! Its probably the only holiday I will be able afford this year so I'm definitely going to make the most of it. What about you?
  • Options
    Hi all, I have succumbed to marathon fever and just applied via ballot to NY!

Blame the FLM, i entered last year and got in 1st time! Had a great experience....

More long runs during the summer if I am successful.....yawn...

I'll add my name to the list:-

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    Mark Harrild 3
    Padma
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
    Twisted Blister
    fishyweb
    BenjaminJP
    Ju Jai
  • Options
    Good luck Ju Jai.

The OCD side of me is fretting a little that the list is no longer in alphabetical order but the lazy side of me can't be ar*ed to re-order it!

• Options
    P, it would be this holiday year's holiday for me and mrs. Jape. We would both be shopping, mrs. Jape would be keen on art galleries but she'd also come along to the social which we can start planning as soon as we know if we're accepted.
  • Options
    I've been to New York twice and never actually gone to any of the museums and galleries but I've been to all the department stores!

A New York social would be a great idea - and its only a couple of weeks to go to find out (nervously chews nails).
  • Options
    Thanks Mike G, that's interesting - I'm one of those 1000 travelling specifically with 2:09 events. Wasn't entirely sure how the link with STI worked, but that that's clarified it.

If there are any more of you out there going with 2:09, let me know!

• Options
    Hi I've just entered via ballot - fingers crossed
    good luck all

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

Josie Jump
    Jape
    Mark Harrild 3
    Padma
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda
    Twisted Blister
    fishyweb
    BenjaminJP
    Ju Jai
    Madnag
  • Options
    Cheeko, Maybe we can introduce some of the Forumites travelling with us to each other if they are attending our training day in Sept.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike, that would be good. Hopefully we'll get to the training day in Sept - we may have to run from Scotland to London to be able to afford to get to it though!! (the Glasgow-London economy airlines must make a fortune from us in running related trips!)
  • Options
    We may do something with JogScotland next year Cheeko as they are talking to us about extending opportunities for the scheme....they would then be able to do a more local training day for those north of the boarder.
  • Options
    Having decided I'd wait until next year I had a sudden "what if this year is my last chance?!" revelation and entered the ballot. Not a practical decision at all - damn my impulsiveness.

Admiral Warnchester
    BevR
    Glynis Hadley
    LORRAINE CHAMBERS 2
    Paul a
    R C
    URR

BenjaminJP
    Dustin Hoffman
    fishyweb
    Josie Jump
    Jape
    Madnag
    Mark Harrild 3
    Padma
    pottingshed
    Redhead (please)
    tall panda