RW Bra article is rubbish

Comments

• And anyway...I've got one of those Shock absorbers (yeah....like I need it!) but hardly wear it coz of those stooooopid side clip fasterner things...what's that all about, it's not like they serve any purpose and they are darned uncomfortable
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    J???

(would that mean I'd be lopsided?)
    ¦oD
  • >DB....thought you'd be poppin up in here ;)

Is it that obvious?
  • nothing if not predictable :-)

Bra Lady, does your site have any advice on ascertaining ones correct bra size? I hesitate to ask here.
  • I know your bra size LL - you only have to ask.
  • and if you need a second opinion...
  • For one awful moment I thought I'd typed "if you need a second onion".
  • lol DB :o)

I was dismayed by the lack of actual bras in the test, most were just crop-tops(unless I'm missing summat?). I'm not mega-boobed (34C) but would not dream of plodding without a proper sports bra that supports each of me girls individually - and then a crop-top on top of that. Immobility is everything :o)
  • hear hear Aiki
    i havnt read it yet-no longer a subscriber, but you would have thought theyd have used the wisdom of REAL women on here
  • and men (some of us are experts you know).
  • i'm trying to remember where i first heard about the Enell bra

i think it was on Oprah Winfrey website and then i googled on enell and got less bounce

and since then have recommended it loads
    on here
    so did i start the enell / lessbounce thing

am i imagining this??

(in which case sorry to whoever told ME about it)

if it WAS me though..
    it's not that i want kudos from the forum or thanks from lessbounce for the regular recommendations
    nope i want a free bra from lessbounce for sending all that custom!!

bralady please rush back and check your records
    i think it first appeared on big girls thread
    how about all the big girls get a free bra?

perhaps hippo as forum historian will correct me on this

ps haven't seen the article
    will look tomorrow
  • crikey LOK
    Im no historian

I like shok absorber
    and as i rundaily Enell times 5 would be a lot of dosh
    Now the shock ones wear holes inmy back on runs over 10 miles
    any tips?
  • hi hippo

mwah!

you know all things forum now don't you

don't be shy!

i was just being a statto and found my comment re ennelle on 19/4/04
    about post 340 or summat on big girls

but person receiving comment had already heard of enelle elsewhere so i can only take partial credit i think

yes they are so expensive - that's why am scratching around for a freebie

advice - well , i don't run far enough or often enough to have any idea of the kind of answer from experience

though i would think you'd be well within you rights to insist on a big discount if you bought 5 bras at once

however i wonder if the enelle might be too restrictive for you on ultras etc?

no experience with the shock absorber one except along time a go and seemed to remember it did nothing for me

if you are wearing it very tight, because the bra itself is not providing enough support, then this might explain the back digging in

on the other hand, you do "unnatural " mileages

!

but if you're getting it from short runs, then maybe it is the wrong bra for you?
  • oops
    just realised correct spelling is

enell

http://www.enell.com/news.html

mentions oprah winfrey wears enell
  • LOK
    10 miles is a long one for me
    depends ow muh i sweat-worse in gym
    Enelle recommended to me in 2003
    as me front appendages are ok-i an live with back scabs---ultras arent nice anyway

and it not as tho im --er--having relations(ewwww what a phrase)
  • i was not an enell groundbreaker then

no chance of a freebie!

i will pretend not to notice that you've introduced sweatiness and s*x into the thread

albeit by accident ;-)
  • not to mention "unnatural" practices!!
  • Hippo - you need to invest in an Enell - you'd never go back to wearing anything else! They are expensive and I've only just invested in my second one which has made things lots easier, but well worth every penny. I've tried the Panache one and Shock Absorbers and neither managed to stop me jiggling up and down. The Enell does take a bit of getting used to as it feels slightly restrictive around the ribs, but you soon stop noticing that it's there.

Bra Lady - why *is* the Enell so expensive????
  • If you don't mind washing your Enell out every night, hippo, you can get away with just the two. I've got 2 Enells & train pretty well daily, sometimes twice on high impact stuff, so alternate the two and find they dry overnight. They're tough enough for that kind of use. I don't think they're so expensive if you take into account how long they last - no signs of mine giving out yet.
  • Yep - I only had one up til last month, and with training 5 days a week, I had to wash it every night and hope it was dry by morning, which it was! Poor bra!
  • actually enell isn't a great fit on me - think it might be cos my rib cage to boobage ratio is too low (32f)
  • I'm a bit late to this party but also thought the article was awful and my boyf got fed up with my squawking 'that isn't big enough for me' when reading each article. As a 34F (34G in Berlei bras) I find the Berleis seam across the cup really rubs over long distances. Have been looking at the Enell but was concerned over the extra money, will definately give it a go now after reading all the endorsements here. Anyone tried the new Royce one?
  • To answer some of the questions:
    Enell is expensive because it has more material, is more supportive and lasts longer than other bras.

We don't have any free ones, but if you buy 2 Enells you get free socks and if you buy 3 free postage as well.

Shock Absorber recommend replacing every 30-40 washes, and any bra rubbing is likely to indicate it doesn't fit well - could be due to sweating more on long runs which causes more movement.

For E/F/G cups a good alternatives to Enell is the Panache. We have no feedback on the Royce yet, but would love some if anyone has tried it, but it looks like it will be good.

For C/D/DD if Enell and Panache aren't your thing Champion Action Shape, Moving Comfort Maia or Fiona are all great for running in.

We do have measuring information we can send out, and it will all be up on the site soon. Just shout if you need any specific info, we are always on our email if not on the forum.

Hope that helps. Selaine, LessBounce.com
  • 30-40

same reaction as you to that, pix

how do you enell girls get on with an HRM?
  • no probs with an HRM - monitor tucks very nicely under the band that goes round the ribcage and held very securely in place with no need for HRM elasticated strap going round your back. I slap on a dash of vas at the central point just to make sure no chafing.

Selaine, is there any news on that new Enell that some of us trialled last year? (for larger cup size in relation to ribcage). That was perfick sizing for me - just wondering if it's something that might suit flr better if they go ahead with it?
  • Oh my god! I wash my shock absorbers nearly every day and I've had them for over a year! Looks like I need to go shopping...
  • So glad of the reaction to the article - I read it yesterday and was extremely disappointed.... However, made me smile a little as they featured that funny Berlei crop top thing.. I tried one on once in a Dept store because it was in the sale and I really thought that I was going to have to call an assistant to help get it off!!
    I have been sticking with the shock absorber Level 4 lately - but the comments are right - they don't last.
    I've looked at the Enell and even recommended it for a friend, but I wasn't sure if it would suit me as the top of my back and shoulders are quite broad. Might just have to give it a go though.

• No news on X cup Enell although we chase the States regularly. Enell may be able to custom build for heart rate monitor straps if needed.

Most our bras' replacement cycles are 30-40 washes, not just Shock, the Enell is probably double that. Things to look for to see if your bra needs replacing is rubbing in a bra that didn't used to rub, increased movement, a looser fit, fabric bobbling and any holes! You can prolong its life through hand washing!

Selaine, LessBounce.com