RW Bra article is rubbish

Comments

• Hi all,

My 'problem' is that I am 34A but with broad shoulders and find bras without fastenings very difficult to get over my shoulders (as it did mention in the RW article). I did buy the Falke one from LessBounce but I didn't feel it gave me enough support. The Enell one looks a bit too much, any ideas out there please?.

Thanks,
    Jane
  • blimey very shocked that bra only meant to last one month !!!
    ie that's 30 washes running every day
    and i know that some people on forum do run every single day and its something i aspire to do when work is under control

enell with a built in hrm compartment would be fab
    at the mo i find it very difficult to get a comfy position for that

• totally agree runners world article on bras was really disappointing.being a large chested runner find it almost impossible to get a sports bra that actually fits so end up buying a smaller size and pinning them to my chest(not a good look)seriously really need to get sorted out as FLM is getting nearer. HELP!
  • Dont worry tracy
    RW just didnt bother doing the research properly
    you WILL get a decent bra
    have a read back through this thread and the other bra threads on here
  • Wow! I am stunned that a Shock Absorber would only last me a month! Well, 6 weeks probably. using a sports bra 5 times a week usually.

I have had my white Enell for around 9 months I reckon and have washed it pretty much 5 times a week (because I stopped using all my other crap Shock Absorber and Panache bras immediately!) and it has survived fine. Some of the plastic coating is coming off the hooks, but it hasn't gone slack at all. It fits just as snugly and getting my brand new funky purple one the other week just confirmed to me that the white one has held up pretty well.

• Anyone out there tried "jogbra". I can only find them in the US but they are brilliant for those like me - i.e. need all the help I can get (34 E). Never tried Enell - perhaps I should?
  • Ive just bought an excellent bra from Primark for £4!!! It looked identical to one I'd seen elsewhere for alot more so I tried it. Its really comfy!
    NOt suitable for more blessed ladies though, I am only a B/c cup these days
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    I've just been looking through the lessbounce.co.uk catalogue I got through the post this weekend.

Interesting to see that my old standby - the one that has taken me through every stage of running - from one-minute wheezing sessions at 40B to 11-mile proper grown-up run type things at 34D - is the ONLY one with three thumbs up in the catalogue.

It's the Champion Actionshape. I love it. Straps everything down and tells it to just STAY THERE, OK?!?!?
  • right that's it -

just put the mortgage on an Enell

it had better be as good as you lot claim!!
  • yeh am pretty happy with my enell and like Twinklemel, it has survived alot more washes than 30/40

I guess those figures are too make sure we keep buying new bras?!

not heard of Jj's one but jealous of her dropping inches !!

providing my stomach and thighs, drop inches at same rate!

• beanz - you'll never look back once you get your Enell. You might find it a bit strange to start off with - I was very conscious of the band at first, but you get used to it.

Also, the instructions say to fasten it from bottom to top, but I just couldn't get the bottom hooks to meet, so developed my own technique of fastening the very top hook first, but to get the two halves of the bra together, then fastening the bottom on, undoing the top on, and fastening from the bottom up.
  • I always find that Mr fraggle is keen on helping me into my enell...........
  • Funny - I find that Mr Twinklemel is keener to help me *out* of my Enell.......... fnar fnar fnar
  • well yes, that too Twinklemel!
  • the enell isn't sexy though is it?

and a bit hot in the summer...

anyone worn the enell as a bra top with nothing over in the summer?
  • OMG NO!!!! I am waaaaay too flabby to consider going without a bum and tum covering t-shirt! If I was skinny, then I would.

Yes, it does make my back hot, but it's a price I have to pay.

Plus it makes body fat measuring a right carry-on. My gym instructor can't grab the right bits with the caliper because of my "contraption" as we call it.
  • beanzy, if you don't like it, i'll buy it off you! it takes a little bit of fiddling to get used to but you'll soon get the knack of it.

hee hee lok - last thing on my mind when running is stuff that's sexy! comfort comes first for me, blow the rest of it. :-)
  • I was reading the article again yesterday, and noticed that amongst the bras recommended are ones which rubbed so much on one of the testers that it drew blood. That's really sold it to me. I'm off to buy one now.
  • they're blokes, aren't they? they'll be looking at the piccies like the rest of the PPS(TM) crew. :-)
  • Yes EP - I thought I might have been slapped on the wrists for calling one of their articles rubbish!

I wouldn't mind hearing their thoughts on our feedback, given that quite a few of us thought the article wasn't very well researched.
  • The article was no more useful for those of us with small boobs.And it would have made more sense to use different sized models instead of identical dectuplets.
  • I agree with Lady Lucan above, I am 34A but prefer a 'strapped-in' feel rather than a crop-top. Very difficult to find.
  • fan of the enell here

do gripe about not being able to wear a hrm with it though :-(

haven't seen the article, but tis always the same. same thing with horse riding wear as well. they test bras on tiny people too.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • It looks like I am just going to have break down and get an enell! Mind you, with all the injuries I'm nursing at the moment, I'm beginning to doubt that I will ever run again. It's been 6 weeks now...
  • I was considering the enell until I got my sportsjock. I now have four - and they come in such pretty colours. If I'm skinny and brave enough in the summer they can definitely be worn on their own. 36C.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Just got excitred by a package from lessbounce - but it was just my berlei 109 - which I like for every day where too

but enell out of stock :<(

and no projected date :<(((
  • After reading this article my wife said she thought that those who most needed sports bras, ie. those with large chests who want to get fit, just weren't catered for (she's a 34jj). A lot of the testing of kit in the mag is hardly exaustive and I do wonder how much of it has ever been near a runner. Often these articles have the feel that they've been written from brochures.

I have to say that the mag as a whole is looking increasingly like 'Good Housekeeping lite' or the Food mag at Waitrose checkouts. The other night I had a flick through and I would say the March issue is 50% advertising and that doesn't include the race diary etc. And yes I do realise that a lot of the ads come from charities because we're close to FLM.

Perhaps March was just a weak issue but I must say it is a bit cowardly of RW not to post something with regard to this thread!

Is all of what I've written just a moan or do others feel the same way?

PS. It is of course a moan but I think a legitimate one! :)
  • I don't think your moaning is unjustified.

Personally, I would stop subscribing to the mag, but I want the extra online content. So, for me, the website is far more useful, and the mag is just a side-effect of my subscription to the website!

And yes, it does seem to be getting a little "tame" if that's the right word to use.
  • mmm..I agree completely, but if I ever find it on sale at a supermarket checkout I think I'll call it a day. :)

PS. Perhaps RW would like to offer on-line subscription only without the mag! At a much reduced cost of course!? :))

Come on RW!! lET'S HAVE SOME COMMENT ON THE NAF BRA FEATURE!