Winter Toughguy Jan 29th 2006

Comments

• You were slicing through the field on the killing fields TC.

I've just added some closeups of you and Daz from the Dragon Pool (?) where you passed him ?
  • Ouch.

Everything hurts. Definately NOT doing it again. But I've now said that at the end of three other Tough Guy events. when will we learn? What draws us to return to this rediculas test of strength?
  • ooo never noticed ALL the piccies

ooo it's high up there Forgot to say I got whipped by a rope and have a nice hamster style graze on my left cheek...

Yahombie!
  • Cougie - Grrrrrreat photos. Really brings it home.

So who's in next year

TC
    Bass
    Scott (dillo's Bo)
  • Did anyone hit the 'pipes' underwater in trenches either side of the fiery holes? I managed to hit one and have an egg shaped lump on my left knee. Glad it was soooooo cold - didn't really feel it until I got home clean (almost!) and dry!
  • 'Arry - That'll be the mystery of Armadillo's fkd leg then. She had to pull out after smacking something at that very spot....Poor lass.

After shower...

Scraped:
    Back, front both legs both sides, arms, elbows and face.

A good days work!
  • Well guys I never felt a thing. And TC dont worry about time cos you beat last yrs the course was longer and harder by at least 7 or 8 mins apparently maybe even 10 to the middle guys.
  • Oh and yes KK I do remember, im amazed you remembered me its been a while :}
  • ooooo when will the results be up......
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    TC - when Jjunior loads them for me I shall put my (few coz my hands froze everyt ime I took the camera out) pics, including one of you looking distintly hamsterish! You poor thing! And those weren't scratches on your legs - they were what's known in my trade (I'm a Julie) as 'multiple lacerations'!
  • Shaving was interesting this morning....

I believe the NUJ!
  • Hi folks

well i did it! along with the rest of team of 8'moulton magpies' 2 dropped out with hypothermia 2 more injured, but 1 of them, amazingly still finished with a twisted knee, though he was howling with pain every time he bent his leg to get over/under/through an obsticle. The water was grim, thought my head was going to explode going under the last log thing. Knees swollen, cut and bruised this morning, rest of me just feels beaten up, so had a tough cycle in to work. All in all great fun, great bunch of people, well organised and probably one of the most memorable of my life.
  • 49th

Fegan makes the top 50...without a front squad place.

I'd just like to thank my mum, Mr Mouse, God......
  • The Count

well done! i was glad i managed to complete it one piece, god knows what time it took, i was shivering to much to look!, not remotely fast though as we were a team of 9 and i had to hang about to get the injured/exhausted, one's through.
  • Just got the ruler out at work and measured my injury. A quite impressive 4" x 5" black and blue lump above my left knee. Actually quite pleased my injury gave me an excuse to bail out (just after the tyre crawl). Having done TG twice before, didn't really have the drive and determination to continue.

• well done everyone - sorry I couldn't make it - and perhaps in some ways that was good looking at reports!!!!!! but - hey - it was sunny - what more do you want???

well done on the top 50 place TC - didya beat Basstard???
  • Yes he did and so did Scot.
  • we need an injury photo 'dill.......

I bet Scott enjoyed it??
  • Scot had a riot....next year fancy dress.

Think I'll try and get a cheap lightweight kilt.
  • Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    great day for spectating

thanks to the other spectators for taking me under their wing

and tigerrunner did 1:59:28 - 8th V50 not bad for a wetneck!!
  • Well done everyone who made or attempted it. My target this year was sub 2hr I didn't even look at the clock though as I sprinted to the tape but I was dead chuffed when I looked up whilst getting my medal to see 1:58:??. God it was so cold though going under the bridge the poor guy in front understandably was freaking out a little before the final dunk the marshall was trying to lift his spirits with kind words. I am ashamed to say that I didn't have the same approach and just screamed in his ear to "FU**ING MOVE NOW" it worked though and I did apologise then my world took a brighter turn as I found a muddy soaked fleece hat which I stood on to wring out (Fingers were useless) it really made a difference.
  • TC - the first lady home was with you on top of the Tiger. She's wearing the yellow swim cap and yellow top in cougie's pictures.
  • Hurrah...put 8 minutes on her in the fields...

I feel my TG karma is complete....Looking fwd to doing it as a team next year.
  • I would like to say "for the record" that you are all totally totally flippin mental!!

You have my total respect!!

Especially you TC - what a performance!

mmmm maybe next year........... ?!!!!
  • In case anyone wants to do it next year and is wondering what to wear, my FLM consolation waterproof worked brilliantly with nothing on underneath. Legs were ok with just shorts but I really should have taken gloves. Any feedback from those with gloves? What make and how did your hands fair? I'd like to do it again but can't face my hands feeling like that again.
  • jk - Gloves. I use weightlifting gloves. Not for keeping warm but for the ropes. If you want to slide down the ropes at high speed then you need tough gloves. Normal gloves wont cut it.

I don't get cold hands at TG...either I'm freezing or too hot.

Now my "man bits" well that's another matter.
  • "Man bits" heheheheheheheheh told you all to use Deap heat didnt I?

So TC stands for Tiddley Cock PML...
  • JK- defo wear gloves (I think it says in MrMouse's stuff that gloves are compulsory). I wear fingerless ones too, watersports ones from decathlon, rubber palms so quite good.

TC/JK greats result there.

Dillo - sorry too hear you had a bad one, hope the injury isn't too lasting and you're OK for Oakley.

Man do I ache today, especially from where I was getting cramp (groin area) when trying to get over the anachonda's!! I seem to have a graze on my back which looks like a big hand rint, not sure where I got that from!!
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone. An interesting year for me, my second. Last year I was in the wetnecks. This time round I had a good start so thought I'd go hard at the gun and try to get some clearance.

After about 5mins I was surprised to see hywel pass me. Must have been held back. But by the slalom I could see he was up with the front two.

My aim was to try and stay in the top25 by count back and didnt feel too bad keeping the pace. but ooo the slalom hurt, never ending!

Through the ditches I held my place and managed to do well with the cargo nets by bending over and going backwarsd very fast. By the behemoth i was still holding position just about but then I reached the bridge of sighs!
    I'm not tough enough to handle cold temperatures unfort! :O( and after comign out the other side of that I started going backwards. The next dunkings I tried very hard to go as far as poss on the ropes and thanks to cougie for a great shot of cobbie (tt) climbing onto my rope! lol
    Think I finished in the 60s with 1:34ish.

Great day. Good to meet jj again and cougie at last

Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner