AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Piccadilly Marathon 1983

Hi Anyone,

Can you help? I'm trying to confirm the time I did The Piccadilly Marathon in Manchester UK 1983 - Does anyone have a copy of the results?, I think I did around 03:10:00 - twenty two years on I'm doing this year London and would like to beat my time. John Halliwell

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I’m looking to trace my dad’s time. I have a photo of him with his bib number 4167. His name was Michael Pilling. Sadly he passed away suddenly the same year.  Many thanks for your help. 
  • Options
    Hi, I know this has been asked before but does anyone have the results for the 1983 Piccadilly radio marathon (Manchester) just found my medal and as a recent returnee to the wonderful world of marathon running would be interested to know my time. Think it was in the 4:15 area. Youth... sigh its 3:20 now ive started taking running seriously
  • Options
    Also would like to have a crack at the 100 marathon club and this one could be added I don't suppose the armys Minden Marathon in 84 or the Starlight marathon An ultra i think in 83 would be found anywhere now
  • Options
    all i can remember about the starlight was that it was a 3 mile loop in kent and i managed 54 miles
  • Options
    Hi there ! If anyone is still interested in this thread and can supply with an E-mail address through a private message, I would be more than happy to look for their results. I have a copy of the 1983 results here at home, and although I need a magnifying glass to read them nowadays as the print is so small, I can usually do this successfully. Cheers Graham Stirling
  • Options
    I ran the Piccadilly Marathon in either 1983 or 1984. I would be so grateful if you had the results and could conform my time. Richard Walters. It was about 3 hours 15 minutes. Many thanks. 
  • Options
    Hi, not sure if this thread is still running but i'm trying to find my Dad's finish time from the 1983 Piccadilly Marathon. Sadly, Dad has Alzheimer's but i remember watching him run along the East Lancs road as part of the route and his medal is still in our possession. Graham, you seem to have done a (i hesitate here)great job for many others. Are you able to assist? His name is Norman Jones and i think he completed in 3 to 4 hours. Kind regards Mike Jones

jonesmi1972@yahoo.co.uk
  • Options
    There's a facebook group called "Old Running Results and Pictures" you could try