Options

BUPA Great North Run

1136137138139140142»

Comments

• Options
    anyone know if there are male/female breakdowns of results anywhere?

Cheers (just done another half marathon today at 8.30 this am ...must be absolutely barking)
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

Have had such a busy week since GNR and have only just today managed to catch up on all the threads.

I had a terrific weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience - will definitely be back for more.

Time was 1.54.42 - well chuffed with that bearing in mind the heat and number of people.

Was great to meet up with some of you - sorry I couldn't hang around longer - had left hubby and youngest daughter sat on the grass verge!

Well done to everyone last week and keep up the good work.

It's been great talking to you all over the past few months, the stories and inspirations have been fab.

Take care everyone and hope to chat to you all again some time.
  • Options
    welldone mum on the run.

By the way if anyone wants thier ironing doing check out gnr 2006 thread.
  • Options
    well done mum! i knew you'd do a good time after that training time you said about.
    mandie just when we thought it was safe to go back in the water 3 defeats!
    well done the mackems!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

glad there's still a few of you here. have just read the news on ASI so searching as I type, they never sent me an email so I'm guessing that I'll be also looking for my arm shot in lost and found shortly.

New thread sounds scary not sure I want to go on it. Already moaned about the moaners in my race review saying I'd rather see people walking than pushing too hard and keeling over. Agree with every thing you said Rhino. Some people just love to complain, not me I thought it was brilliant, walkers and all!
  • Options
    Yipeeee there is a photo of me....not looking too bad either...must have been near the start!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for your note Beders-keep in touch.
    There are 3 photos of me on ASI, what a scream. On one of them, I think it's going up Heworth Hill, I thought I was running really fast (for me) and in the photo somebody is walking behind me at the same pace! Surely that must be trick photography!!!!
  • Options
    Sorry, not read all the posts, but can someone point me to the address of where I can find photos of the GNR, what is ASI?

Rhino, your comments are very honourable. I myself ran with my Sister who was very emotional on the 18th, as she had lost her partner this year to Leukaemia......The run for us was nothing to do with times or glory, it was just a matter of finishing, so we could pay tribute to a life that was lost......Thank you for being so understanding!

Tom
  • Options
    Just caught up on all the posts. Hhhmmm, Is anyone else feeling deflated to say the least?

Just tried the thread on events for 2006 and there is a technical error. Typical.

Also cant get pics from ASI. Not having a very succesful day really.

I need to plan my next move now. Will be sad to leave this thread and all you lovely people. Been great to share all your advice, expierience, anxieties etc.

Take care and hope to chat to you all very soon. Wonder when 2006 will be available here???
  • Options
    Tom- try www.asiphoto.net. Well done to you and your sis!
  • Options
    I may be being dooley girl here, but i've tried to get onto the 2006 thread in events but cant find it.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks
  • Options
    Hiya all,

ran the dublin half on saturday 24 sept and was 7 min quicker and felt a whole lot better at the end. got round in 2:09,

thats my bit for this thread. Guess we'll pick up the new one in jan or feb when the training and lottery kicks off

thanks for all the useful tips.

:)
  • Options
    tortoise

Click on Forums at the top of the page and then click on Events - we are all on the Bupa Great North Run 2006 forum which was started off by Roy Runner - see you on there!!!!
  • Options
    ooppps just found my photo...doh, forgot how bad I can look, especially with both hands in the air(drinks bottle in each) i look like coco the clown and i wasn't even in fancy dress !!

will have to try harder next year, catch you all on the 2006 thread in the future.

cheers

beders
  • Options
    ps. thanks Kewstoker, will pop onto the 2006 thread to keep in touch, well done on your run
  • Options
    Have finally got to the end of all the posts. Didn't get to log on last week - too busy eating!!!
    Didn't see any green ribbons but didn't get to water truck until almost 10.00am. Started from the back, took approx 35 mins to cross the start line. benefit to this as a plodder is constantly overtaking folk so you feel very fit. Did a PB for 5km, picking up water at 4.5 & 6 miles. Doing fine until no water at 8.5 mile feeding station, just the standpipe but I'd ditched my empty bottle by then. Kept plodding on, on for a decent time at 10 miles then just got slower and slower with more and more walking ... was moving on razor blades for last 2.5 miles - discovered lots of little blisters when I finished. So 9 mins slower than last year at 3 hrs 1 min and 45 seconds, but I finished and oddly felt great for next 3 days. In spite of applying cream I got burnt on right shoulder, it's starting to peel now; and big toe nail on left foot has gone a bit black!
    However application (5th attempt to get in) for FLM went in the post yesterday ... see youse all on the GNR 2006 thread?