Paris Socials

Comments

• Don't fear Rach, I'll put out all stops to ensure they survive the journey. Any idea on times re Friday catch up?
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Just having to make a change, one person not coming with me now. I'll bring you a few cream eggs rach.

Sat Night Pasta Party
    GuyW +1
    CoopersRow +1
    David M
    Hong the bad boy
    Pathfinder
    Patouka + Mr + 2 adorables
    Shiva + 1
    Snoop
    Tiger
    Town Fan + Mrs and 2 children
    Rach + the lovely Ems!
    Senor Spam +1
    Carpet
    JonnyJSK +1
    Ducati Man
    Running Bhoy +1 +3weans (badge kit still to bve bought!)
    Neil E Dunnin +1
    Bern
    Frankee
    Nigel
    Maxine + 1
    Phillip Henwood +3
    Graz + 1
    Gaza Running
    Dead Boring
    Rich J + 2

Sunday, 10th April - Post Race Celebrations
    Guy W +1
    CoopersRow +1
    David M
    Hong the bad boy + son pote
    Pathfinder
    Patouka
    Shiva + 1
    Snoop
    Tiger
    Rach
    Carpet
    Jonnyjsk +1
    Running Bhoy +1 +3weans (that'll be 5 pints please!)
    Pseudo + 1
    Neil E Dunnin +1
    Dave O
    Frankee
    Nigel
    Phillip Henwood +3
    Graz + 1
    Gaza Running
    Dead Boring
  • creme eggs 49p for 3 in sainsburys
  • Hail Hail

That'll explain your runny bum!!!

• Most definately RB

Hey carpet i'm a possible for chez clement on friday
  • ok, excellent David. Hopefully the bogs there are easily accessible from all parts of the cafe.
  • I hope so for all our sakes
  • eek! Whats all this bum talk about?! By the way is anyone else absolutely knackered at the mo?! I know I am supposed to be resting a bit but all I want to do is sleep! Is this normal?! I went for a short run the other day and after 30 mins wanted to get home for a rest! Its not done my confidence much good what with 'The Day' approaching!

Max
  • Aaaargh.... mad mad mad at work!! Sorry people who keep e-mailing/asking me things on these threads. Will catch up with everything tomorrow when they all s*d off on business trips and leave me to get on with the important things in life........

;)
  • Hi Max

Me knackered too, did a 10k on Sunday and really struggled, where has all my training gone?

However, I'm told its normal training/recovery type stuff... lets hope we can what we need on the day!
  • cheers Neil, I feel better now!

I am looking forward to meeting you all at the weekend...it seems unreal it will all be over by this time next week!

Btw, anyone looking at a sub 5 hours plod and needs a cheery girl to run with them contact me via my email!
  • Maxine, all completely normal aparently!I feel that way too.
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Maxine, its all normal and everything will be ok on the day. People are posting times on the other paris thread, and a few people are aiming for your time, so you could prob ogansie something there.

Rach, is there anything else you want from uk that I can bring as a way of saying thanks for your help organising all this?
  • Hi All
    I have been very quiet on this thread but I have some great news (for me!!)
    I now have to be in Paris on the Friday for work so I am staying over from Thursday night 'til Monday.
    Also have managed to get work to pay for a trip on the Eurostar so no driving at all there or back!

Carpet
    I will try and meet you on Friday as long as I can finish work in time.

What is the plan for Sunday?
    Will we meet up at the end and go straight to the pub or meet up at a certain time. I know some people are going back home in the afternoon so I assume get changed and get to the pub?

Friday Expo - Chez Clement (say 4ish)
    Carpet
    Frankeee
    Patouka (maybe)
    Gaza Running
    Dead Boring
    Dave O (good poss)

Sat Night Pasta Party
    GuyW +1
    CoopersRow +1
    David M
    Hong the bad boy
    Pathfinder
    Patouka + Mr + 2 adorables
    Shiva + 2
    Snoop
    Tiger
    Town Fan + Mrs and 2 children
    Rach + the lovely Ems!
    Senor Spam +1
    Carpet
    JonnyJSK +1
    Ducati Man
    Running Bhoy +1 +3weans (badge kit still to bve bought!)
    Neil E Dunnin +1
    Bern
    Frankee
    Nigel
    Maxine + 1
    Phillip Henwood +3
    Graz + 1
    Gaza Running
    Dead Boring
    Rich J + 2

Sunday, 10th April - Post Race Celebrations
    Guy W +1
    CoopersRow +1
    David M
    Hong the bad boy + son pote
    Pathfinder
    Patouka
    Shiva + 1
    Snoop
    Tiger
    Rach
    Carpet
    Jonnyjsk +1
    Running Bhoy +1 +3weans (that'll be 5 pints please!)
    Pseudo + 1
    Neil E Dunnin +1
    Dave O
    Frankee
    Nigel
    Phillip Henwood +3
    Graz + 1
    Gaza Running
    Dead Boring
  • Good one DaveO. Re Sunday, Rach has booked for 6 I think. I suspect quite a few will be there earlier - particularly given some are heading back. Pseudo mentioned he'd be there 5 ish for the Newcastle game and i suspect myself and GuyW+1 will be there earlier than that. Basically as soon as its over its of to the hotel to get washed and changed then straight to the pub
  • Yep our corner is booked from 6-ish so those who wish can relax and get changed or whatever. I've told the manageress that the more thirsty of us could arrive any time from early afternoon.

Just confirmed numbers for Saturday night with the restaurant. Address is as follows:

Pizza Vesuvio
    144 Avenue des Champs Elysées
    75008 Paris

It's just a little way down the Champs from the CDG metro exit on the left side of the road if you've got your back to the Arc de Triomphe. Make sense?

Our reservation is for 7pm. You can get there from 6.30 so that we don't have to wait around to eat as it gets pretty busy on a Saturday evening. If anyone is worried about getting lost or anything, email me direct for my mobile number and I'll be happy to help out.

Exciting all this, isn't it! :))
  • Hail Hail

Well done Rach. Your powers of organisation are astounding. All help very much appreciated. Cant get hold of a Badge machine (one that is easily transported anyway) so sticky labels may have to be last resort. And coloured pens. And screaming fits when theres only one pink pen and the other girl has it!!!!

See you all Sat pm
  • Thanks Rach. What name is the booking under?

Will come armed with pink pens!!
  • Oh yes of course, the booking is under Runners World, Paris marathon and we're up in the mezzanine.

Off to pinch a supply of sticky labels from the stationery cupboard! :)
  • Well done Rach. See you guys on Friday.I now have a breakfast meeting with a client on Friday morning so looks like I'll be suited up for the train trip - not happy about the extra luggage.

Miserable day in London, hope its better there - off for my last run shortly then can relax til Sunday.

• Rach

Sue and I might put in an appearance at "Pizza Vesuvio" on Saturday, so please add us to list just in case
  • Hail Hail

Tim - I fear that you may be sitting on laps! Whereas David M can add the letter"h" to that last sentence!!!!
  • No ive gone the other way now since i took the imodium.its now no go!
  • It's okay Tim. I included a few extra places just in case when I finalised numbers with the restaurant this morning.

Funny how we always get to discussing David M's bowel movements at lunchtime....
  • Yeah we'll have to stop otherwise no one will wanna sit next to me! i'll have to get a table all on my own
  • Baggsy i don't get to sit next to David M!

As for Sunday, am with Carpet. will be in the pub ASAP to make up for the months of not drinking (sort of). Am on the 8.15 Euro* back to London so sadly won't be around all evening :o( so the sooner everyone gets there the happier i'll be

• 8.15 Guy? You twit! Will have to rush down the pub then to congratulate you/admire your medal and all that!
  • Rach - in hindsight a bit of a school boy error, but there are reasons for having to get back on Sunday.

Next year I'll know better