Paris Socials

Comments

• Promised Ems I'll do Paris next year so she can come and cheer me... damn, had promised myself that FLM next week would be my last!
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Hi Rach, sorry, can I add the person I took off back onto the list for sat... The person is coming now (again). Off tomorrow at 6am, quite excited now!
  • Last post folks. Will see you all on Saturday and some tomorrow. All the very best of luck. Can't believe it's finally here.
  • Is it too late to add to Sat eve no's?
  • Hi Rach

please could you repeat again the location of the 3 venues and the times in one message.

I cant find them all.

We hope to be at Chez Clement but probably not till 5-6ish (as arriving at 4:00 then dump bags at hotel etc etc)

If your still there then.. see you then!

Merci
  • Chez Clement outside the expo at Porte de Versailles. I don't know the exact address but if you stand with your back to the expo, it's right opposite you on the other side of the roundabout/junction type thingy! I think Carpet et al are aiming to meet up at 4pm.

Saturday night: Pizza Vesuvio, 144 Avenue des Champs Elysées. Walk down the Champs with the Arc behind you. It's on the left hand side of the road about 200m from the metro exit. Reservation at 7pm but try to get there a bit earlier as it gets really busy.

Sunday night: Frog & Rosbif, 116 rue St Denis, 75002 - metro Etienne Marcel. From whenever you like really although the manager is going to set aside a corner for us from 6pm.

I'll see you all Saturday and will come armed with photocopies of maps for the F&R on Sunday and for a meeting point at 30k on the route for any of your supporters who'd like to join us. We've got a brand spanking new RW banner specially for the occasion..... hoorah!!

A bientôt guys!!! x
  • My thanks Rach

Great help that

(Its sooo exciting!!!)
  • yep, around 4-4.30 at Chez Clement.

• Sorry Go Martini, didn't notice your post. Been very busy at work and have only had time to skim these threads today. Come along on Saturday, there'll be no problem. Have told the manager fifty people à peu prés........ (see Neil for translation!)

Oh and BOING for Jonathon!
  • yeah......

finally found the thread. Rach.. is it ok to add another 2 to the sat list.

I will also be attending on Sunday.

Can't wait!
  • Cracking job Rach - am almost feeling guilty for troughing all your creme eggs :o)
  • Wochit Guy or you'll be sitting with David M tomorrow!
  • Blimey - am off to the shops to get some more. A dozen do??
  • 11 will be fine, I don't want to carry any extra weight for my marathon!
  • You can save one as a treat for after - or I can hand it to you at FLM as you go storming past!
  • Rach/all, if you see a shaven headed tall bloke (me!) in a black berghaus waterproof wandering about at 30ks give me a shout! I'll keep an eye out for your banner. Max & I are planning to come along to the Saturday social and maybe the others too. I hope its not black tie, can't squeeze it in the case ;o)

Thanks for all the Paris tips etc and have a great weekend.
  • Rach deserves a damn good 'thank you' from all of us for sorting everyone out.. I'm sure I'm not the only who has benefited from her help and advice...

We luv ya Rach!! xx

• Aw shucks, thanks guys! If we don't catch up tomorrow night, look out for the RW banner en route shortly after the Tour Eiffel/Trocadero on the right hand side of the road.

Good luck everyone, see you soon!
  • If anyone manages to get this message i,m sending out an SOS for safety pins. You wont be able to mis me in the cafe i,ll have a 4 metre exclusion zone around me.
  • David, there are stacks of them at the expo!!!
  • Yes i was there yesterday and and i thought they would be in with my number but they weren,t if someone could bring some along tonight it would be good
  • hello everyone!!! It was lovely to meet you all, I have just returned to the UK and must say I and Nick had a lovely time! Apologies for not making it out Neil/M on sunday but I could not actually get up! Buggered my foot up but at the same time finished...and running not crawling! I was over 5 but under 6 so not the worlds fastest but I must say sprinted like lightning towards the end!

Rach...the banner....30KM! er...where?!!! I was getting excited at the prospect of some friendly faces and cheering....but no...you had gone! lol! Poor Nick was standing there giving me a cheer! Even the bands had dismantled by the time I got to 30K!

Hey-ho, a great 1st and possibly only marathon and it was great to meet so many of you! How did the rest of you do?

I shall be in London next week cheering on Nick and Rach and Neil/Malc!!! If any of you want to meet up or want me to carry anything for you let me know!

bye for now!

Max x
  • Oh Maxine I'm so sorry we didn't see you. Ems saved a hand full of sweeties for you you, but I'm afraid I couldn't keep her going once the band started packing away. I hope your foot's okay and that you had a good first marathon. Nothing wrong with a 5+ hour result on your first one.... that's what I got too! :) Give me a rough idea where you'll be on Sunday and I'll look out for you. All that supporting has really got me in the mood for London. Hope I can keep the enthusiasm going for the full 26 miles!
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Well done maxine, a great time for your 1st (and i'm sure not your last) marathon. I came in at 3:34, but I also got injured during race. The last 6k were hell!

Rach, I forgot tto give you the creme eggs I brought over...sorry, I hope you've got enough to keep you going. I'll look out for you on sunday to give you a cheer.
  • I've got enough to keep me going I think thanks Shiva!!

Your support will be appreciated on Sunday. I'll be in a white Debra charity vest with my name on the front and hoping to do around 4.30.

Oh, and I reckon you got off light if it were only the last 6k that were hell!!!
  • No worries Rach and say thanks so much to Ems for saving me some sweets! Thats very lovely of her! I will look out for you next week for sure!

And congratulations to Shiva! Blimey your time was fantastic, well done! I must say I am very impressed- I hope your injury is not too serious.

Max
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    True Rach, but those last k were unbearable. I couldn't bend my leg at one point. I will look out for you on sunday, I will definately be down there at some part of the course.

Maxine, thanks, I am pleased with time. Injury is not too serious, I had it just before marathon as well. It just needs rest I think. Boy, do my legs ache today though, have been limping around school today much to everyones amusement.
  • just back. What a great day. Fantastic to meet you all.

Thanks for the support Rach. Will be at the 18 mile mark on Sunday so see you then
  • Thanks to everyone. Congrats to all, some great times.

Will be at FLM. Trying to get my friends to stand at 18 as well, so I can meet up again.

Loved the atmosphere, so will have to try NY and London. Great weekend... even won the quiz night at the Frog on Sunday.

Come on The Elite!