Paris Socials

1234568»

Comments

• You doing Cardiff mara on Sunday then, Frankeeeeeee?

I did it also last year - flat all the way round - two laps of the city finishing with a lap of the Millenium Stadium (bit more grand than the one at Le T) - great oppo for a very fast time, but just remember where you park - it took us two hours to find the car afterwards last year, as all the signs were in a foreign language!

Oh, and they charge you a fiver to enter the country as well! Bloomin cheek!
  • Thanks folks. Only the half on Sunday - wouldn't be good to run a marathon this close to Lanzarote. I am looking for a good time though.

Friends of mine are doing the full. Next one will be in the spring.

Luckily I've got a hotel nearby, so can leave the car there.

Really looking forward to finishing in the stadium. Recon I can get them to play Chariots of Fire...?
  • Dave, what was your time in Berlin?

Le T was good, been training in my top as well.
  • Many thanks Dave , would be great if you can get me a copy , if you get one let me know and I will forward my address , should be ok for october 21 , if you can get one in the next few days .
    How was Berlin and congrats on PB
    Coop's now that I re read your post 2:07 and we all thought that you were aiming for a sub 2 , hope the ethiopian/kenyan implants via Botox are doing there magic
    All the best for those doing Cardiff this weekend , by the way did you see that the first prize money for Chicago this weekend is $650,000 so Coop's why run Paris when you can win Chicago and shout us all to Paris
  • I'm not in it for the money Mal. It's the pride and prestige of doing it. Honest. The thing is, I must get my afro cut before the race otherwise it will slow me down.
  • Frankee it was 3.55, took 25 mins off.

Gaza i'm heading up to Runners Need on sunday so they should have a copy there, although i'm going down to my running club tomorrow and i seem to remember a few copies lying around.
    Berlin was very good although it was unusually hot for that time of year. Only criticism would be water stations, plastic cups as opposed to bottles, but very flat and the finish through the Brandenburg gate was pretty amazing! Decent crowds along the way too.
  • Thanks Dave , great time for Berlin , are you allowed to mention the war as you run along, I actually prefer the plastic cups you tend to actually drink the water straight away rather than carrying a water bottle having a few sips then throwing it away without actually drinking as much as you would from the cup. Will check back to see if you found a copy and send my address .
    Coop's just gel the afro into a mohawk to allow for aerodynamic advantage sort of what the cyclists do to their helmets for time trials in the tour de france.
    Just back from a nice 30 km long this morning , the only trouble is (and do not laugh) I have not seen rain since April when we were in Paris , it just does not rain here and now I am only a month out from NY am worried that it will rain , you can train for everything but the gym will get annoyed if you bring a sprinkler and hose
    Cheers
    Mal
  • Hi,

Well I've just signed up for the Paris Marathon. This will my first Marathon, so I'd be very happy to attend any social! Especially as it looks like i'll have to go over on my own as just too expensive to take dh and kids.
    So count me in!
  • CR - now I can stop banging on about sub 90. Just ran 1:28:20 for Cardiff. See what this'll do for my marathon time.

Enough modesty, hope you're all well.
  • I was 2 minutes faster in the Paris marathon, than in the Cardiff marathon in 2004, Frankeeeeeee, if that's any guide.

Well done on reaching your target yesterday, and I trust you found your way home out of Cardiff ok.
  • Almost stayed another night. Some very attractive reasons to make a return visit - and nothing to do with the sheep!

Cheers Snoop.
  • Dave
    Just back from covering the Pakistan Earthquake and this is my first chance to get online , is the cutoff in a couple of days the 21st , many thanks for the effort much appreciated
    My address is
    88A Wingate Street
    Herzliyya Pituach
    Israel
    Once again thanks sorry for the delay in getting back to you but hope you understand
    Cheers
    mal
  • Frankee, only just seen your time for Cardiff - well done mate. Now you can start banging on about 85 minutes??!
  • No problem Mal
    Not sure what you want me to do though. Do you want me to send you the Entry Form or fill it in for you and post it from here? If it's the latter a cheque needs to be enclosed plus it has to be an address in the UK.
    There might be a seperate online entry for overseas entrants, anyway let me know.
    Glad to hear you're back safe and sound.
  • Thanks Dave
    have UK Address that is no problem , do they take credit card on form if so I can give you details over the phone
    Cheers
    mal
  • Ok Mal
    Here's what i could do, the forms at home so you could give me a ring with your details later. If it's only cheque they take, then i'll write one and you can reimburse me if you get accepted. If you don't get accepted then they destroy the cheque. I think it's £30 and you find out in december.
    E-mail me and i'll send you me phone number.
  • Dave
    Just back from covering the Pakistan Earthquake and this is my first chance to get online , is the cutoff in a couple of days the 21st , many thanks for the effort much appreciated
    My address is
    88A Wingate Street
    Herzliyya Pituach
    Israel
    Once again thanks sorry for the delay in getting back to you but hope you understand
    Cheers
    mal