Options

Sunday 8th Session

What: 15 mile long slow distance run around Sutton, Banstead, Epsom and Mitcham.
Why: Gradual build up to FLM 2003

After that: Watch Paula Radcliffe win the Sports Personality of the Year.

Comments

• Options
    Curses! I was up at 7-15 - should have logged on!

What: Watch SPOTY-to-be Paula Radcliffe do something exciting like beep an air horn, then run 10K along the new Bedford by-pass
    Why: Race day!
    Hard: Tuesday
    Rest: Yesterday

Power to all elbows out there.
  • Options
    What: meant to be a day off but might do a 5 miler
    Why: no reason

last hard: yesterday
    last rest: Friday

Good luck to all the racers and Paula R for later.
  • Options
    what : nothing.
    why : bruised left foot. physio told me no running for at least a week.
    last hard : wednesday
    last rest : thursday onwards and all next week it would appear.

Not happy with foot injury. FLM training has started well but now i'll lose momentum. Will have to keep CV work up on exercise bike and swimming but am desparate to run. Oh well i guess a week off will not be as bad now as it will be in Febuary or March. Good luck to any racers today.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: 40 minute turbo trainer am, 40 minutes recovery run pm
    Why: easy day
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Achilles, you mentioned on yesterday's training thread that you find Yasso 800's a good gauge for your marathon time. Last time I did this session was in September when I averaged 2:43 for the 10 reps off 90 sec recoveries. Taking the full recovery I could probably have done them in 2:40. BUT I don't feel capable of doing a 2:40 marathon.
  • Options
    What: 20 miles in 2:25
    Why: long run
    Last Rest: last Sunday
    Last Hard Day: Friday

Drew, I'm sure you're right, but somehow they work for me, but then as I say my marathon times are better than they ought to be given my times over shorter distances, so that might have something to do with it. I've noticed you can do your speedwork quite a bit faster than I can manage, but our marathon times are pretty close. anyway, first one to Buckingham Palace gets the beers in! ;-)
  • Options
    First time on the training section!!!
    Anyway,
    What: supposed to be Sunday slow long run.
    Why: that's what I do on sunday morning if not in a race.
    Last hard: friday morning
    Last rest: yesterday
    Did: 35 minutes ( usually do it in 32 minutes)

What happen? I haven't run much this week recovring from last sunday race and my cold.
    run too fast too early. Can only do better next sunday, just have to build up during the week.
    Good Luck to anyboby running & racing!
  • Options
    Just got back - it turned into a 16 miler and I'm effing freezing!! Managed to speed up at the end so I'm pretty chuffed at that :-)
  • Options
    Hallo everyone.

Off for a week with the dreaded lurgy and now still feeling breathless, sore throat etc.

Goig for a gentle run anyway-5k -I guess, just to see if anything still works. I wnoder if I could get posted to the South of France!

Good luck to all racing and training, and speedy recovery to those suffering.

• Options
    What: 10km steady run out in the woods, 5km up 5km back down. Beautiful running day, cold and crisp, just below freezing but no wind, bright sunshine - a good-to-be-alive day!
    Why: Heading for Silvesterlauf 8km on 31 Dec.
  • Options
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That was a very cold run this morning, but its done and dusted ans now I can relax for the rest of the day.

What: 15 miles in hard windy wet cold conditions ( 1hr 54mins )with 3 mega hills, then stupid as I am I went straight into xmas shopping carrying all my running gear and walking about for another 3hrs blowing 250 notes,

Why: coz its sunday

Last Hard: Today
    Last Rest: Sat

COME ON PAULA!!!
  • Options
    What: about 15 miles over the dunes, through the pinewoods, along the beach and back through the dunes.

Why: piglets like to do long runs on Sunday.

Best bit: found an Earth Star fungus in the woods! It was amazing, and beautiful - like an albino orange that had unpeeled itself to reveal an egg...

C'mon Paula! :-)
  • Options
    What
    9.5k on treadmill
    Why
    cos Im a wuss
    Cmon paula!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    What: Keyworth Turkey Trot 1/2M
    Why: It's a great day out!
    Last hard run: Today!
    Last rest day: Yesterday.

Drew + Achilles,
    thanks again for the info on yesterdays thread, I appreciate the input.
    best
    mm
  • Options
    How did you get on MM?

What: meant to be long run but ended up being tempo session as I had a life laundry day - clearing out my gaff
    Why: still in the 'in between' marathons frame of mind. Meant to start this week, but can start next week, or week after
    Last hard: Yesterday's hills had it's hard moments, but no biggy recently
    Last rest: Friday
  • Options
    Obviously not the only one to have various freezing bits of the anotomy today

What: 18.5 miles steady in 2:25 ish
    Why: FLM build up, just been rejected but what the hell
    Last Hard: yesterday (joyous intervals & hills)
    Last Rest: Friday

Rock on Paula
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

What: 10k race in freezing weather! Race report on events forum.
    Why: because it was only just over 6miles! Easier than doing 15+, which is what Sunday runs normally are.
    Last hard: today.
    Last rest: yesterday.
  • Options
    9.5k, on treadmill
    ok il go now
  • Options
    what: 12.2 miles in 88:26, including 3 miles undulating off-road (running round cricket club grounds). Up till now I've been lucky with my Sunday long runs - weather's been nice, but not today. Very cold, grey, windy, last mile into the wind - hated it.

why: cos I need runs of this length (and longer) for Helsby

last hard day: Fri
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Thu

If I had access to a treadmill Benz I'd have been a wuss and done it all on that instead.

Really depressed at the weather forecast for this week ( more of the same). Thinking about having an easy week.....
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Well done benz for doing that distance on a treadmill. Me I would get bored after 2 miles!
  • Options
    Right, despite 3 on calls this week , I WILL do at least 20 miles outside
    3 on calls = an extra48 hours work
    But must train
  • Options
    benz - don't beat yourself up, ain't nothing wrong with training on a treadmill, especially in weather like this and when there's so little daylight around. running is running is running ...

good luck for next week - I can't believe you mean an "extra" 48 hours!
  • Options
    Thanks again, mate
    Course its all for the relief of 'uman suffering, so of COURSE I dont mind
    Early morning runs a looming
  • Options
    What: 19M long run should have been 18M but I was out & enjoying things. Then I came back into a strong, cold head wind & was glad to get back home. Felt good after yesterday's XC.
    Last Hard: Sat
    Last Rest: Fri

MM, apologies accepted from yesterday.
    I too was interested to read Drew's + Achille's responses.
    If I'm right their marathon times are better than mine but I cover the shorter distances quicker. My times suggest I can run 2:37 - 2:40. So far 2:49 is my PB but on the tough Madrid course.
    I'm considering running another in April but still undecided yet. It may sound daft but I will train for one & do it if I'm running well. Possibly Tauton.

nrb. 48hrs extra!!!!!
  • Options
    Evening all long runners.

Congratulations on your XC result yesterday B Tim, and then 19 miles on top of that!

What: token 4 miler.
    Why: All I had time for given xmas socials and family commitments.
    Last hard: Fri
    Last rest: yesterday.

Training's not gone to plan this week, as I haven't been able to do any speed training at all., but that may have been a good thing as my niggles have gone and still got a long run in on Fri.
    FLM club ballot on Wed, then I'll take proper stock of my plans.

Right, off to read your race reports now folks.
  • Options
    Evening all

What; Easy half hour run (just done it - in -3 degrees (and dark) - lovely
    Why: Had weird virus all week which knocked me flat. So first time I've run since Tuesday. Feel a bit p"""ed off to miss a week's training, but that's life.

Feelin' good now and racing for the first time in ages next Sunday (there's no racing over here all winter, so I'm having to fly to Blighty to get my kicks!)

• Options
    Long time no post, so time for an update...
    What: LSD 15 Miler
    Why: Haven't done 1 in ages, makes up a 50 mile week, trying to build up endurance for XC finals
    Last Hard: Yesterday (Tempo)
    Last rest: Monday

Ahhhh, and exhale... 15 miles feels like much more of an effort now than it used to when I was training for the marathon, etc, even though I'm a faster runner these days, hmmmm. Im dreading next years marathon training! ;)
  • Options
    What Stockport 10
    Why entered it
    Last hard today
    Last easy yesterday, it was a great event, good vibes
  • Options
    Evening all.

What - 13.5 miles over all terrain.

Why - Bad toblerone moment yesterday and lazy rest too.

Last Hard - today was about as hard as it gets for me

Last rest - yesterday.

Worst aspect of run - Couldn't see bog all after 5 minutes when specs steamed up!

Best aspeact - Ran through wonderful countryside I couldn't see!

Cheers.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    KK, welcome back. Wondered where you'd got to.

Confession time - didn't do anything today. Couldn't get my heart rate down to an acceptable level so decided to take a rest instead. This time last year I would have went out anyway!
  • Options
    Good to be back Drew. Been getting over that knee injury, & this forum was making me too darn competitive. Also, how do you write down some of the weird & wonderful sessions the mens captain comes up with for his XC team speedwork on a Wednesday night? Its been mostly shorter intervals though, & my XC racing has been really coming on strong because of it. God knows how that lovely mudding has affected my road times though. I havn't entered a road 10k in nearly four months. Im hoping for big thangs come 2003...
    P.S. Well done on showing restraint today mate, like you say Stress then Recovery. Does you good in the long haul, even if weekly mileage plots look a little poorer for it.
    P.P.S. Re: Weight training.
    Switched to a 3x week full body routine, 3 sets of 10 (70% 1RPM), 1 compound exercise per bodypart. Takes me about 75 minutes in all, and seems to be working. I look 'bulkier', which at first seems to be undesirable, but I'm getting quicker week to week, so it can't be doing any harm. Having aid that, I've got to up my weights in 2 weeks, so I'll let you know how THAT goes :)