Monday 9th session

Comments

• Good morning! It's 2 degrees outside, very dry and not windy - perfect day for a run.

What - 5-6 miles steady
    Why - training schedule decrees
    Last hard - Tuesday
    Last rest - most of last week (ill)
  • 2 miles easy
    brrrrrrrrrrrrr
    (rest day for me)
    Then 36 hour shift
    Hmm
  • what: rest
    why: as per schedule
    last hard day: Fri
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Thu

contributions during business hours may decline henceforth - the thought police round here sent out an email to the effect that they are monitoring all "non-business related" sites visited & will be publishing a "top 10" list of such users...
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning,
    Didn't post yesterday,due to race,then lunch with friends then watch SPOTY.
    Well done Paula, what has Beckham done to warrant 2nd place,let alone a place in the top 5 ????

Yesterday: Tadley x-c (5.2miles),ran quite well,finished in about 37.15 (won in 30.00)
    so hopefully was top 25.
    Today
    What : 30 mins easy recovery run
    Why : yesterdays race
    Last Rest : Friday
    Last Hard : Sunday
  • Another cold one here!

Dustin I finally watched the Marathon Man yesterday ( Buy one get one free jobbie) I enjoyed.

What: 5 miles very easy, due to long hard 15 miles yeterday

Why: Recovery Run

Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Saturday

Very annoyed here, taped the show to watch Paula pick up the award, but had to tape another prog at 10pm, ( i was out )and the show didnt finish on time, so i missed Paula pick up her award.......what time did the show finish, anyone know?

Have a good day people.........
  • Speedie,
    whilst you were setting up your VCR were you wondering "is it safe?" Show finished around 10:15pm.

What: nowt
    Why: totally cream-crackered after yesterday and always take Monday off anyway.
    Last hard run: yesterday
    Last rest day: today
  • Morning all

Had our XC race yesterady which went well and, plenty of mud which made it quite tough, not feeling too bad today.

What: Nothing

Why: I have an enforced rest due to our company Christmas doo being tonight and I don't do early morning.

Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Saturday

• No X/c race this w/e - she who must be obeyed declared that if I was wearing knee straps then I was NOT to run in case it jeopardised Feb skiing. She's right of course. Knee appears to be recovering so I'll continue confining exercise to gym-based CV equipment excl treadmill for another week. Problem is it all seems like "junk" exercise (75-80% WHR) - will experiment on an interval session to try to raise Hr over 90% --any ideas out there.

so

What: Gym CV (bike 30mins, elliptical 30 mins - interval experiment 800m equivalents - ie about 3:20 hard) plus core exercises
    why: non-impact session due to gammy knee
    last hard: sat 30th
    last rest: sat 7th

Congrats to all racers over the w/e. It's impressive to see this thread having such a strong coterie of runners sub 3hr marathons (and their 5/10k equivalents). Hope us lesser mortals are OK to stick around and learn! :-)
  • Morning all - cold but bright here too!

What - steady 5 or so (probably gym @ lunch time as well)
    Why: Coz its Monday

Last hard: saturday
    Last rest: Friday

• Morning all, brrrrrr.
    SFH Legs, I'll fit in here if the thread encompasses sub 5 hr marathoners! Don't think marathons are my strongest event - but I've only experienced one (so far).
    Today's plans:

What: easy 3
    Why: Need to loosen up a bit after yesterday's hilly 10 miles (did the Epsom 10 course as a training run)
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Saturday
  • Wotcha runny types.

What: Rest
    Why: Race yesterday - I think I impressed the watching Paula Radcliffe.
    Rest: Saturday
    Hard: Yesterday

Will fire off a couple more race entries this afternoon. And join a club tomorrow. Hooray for not being injured!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What: Something running related - yeeha! Possibly 4 miles, but if I'm feling good, mayby the 7 mile circuit.

Why: Exams over for another 6 months, corporate hospitalty/visit to Mr Nessie's brother has relaxed and restocked my energy cells, so I'm raring to go.

Last rest: All weekend
    Last hard: Exams on Tues/Fri last week were more exhausting than any training session.
  • Yo!

What - usual 4.6 mile hilly loop
    Why - because I gotta
    Last Rest - All weekend (wimp)
    Last Hard - Friday

Happy running!!:o)
  • Afternoon

What: - Easy 7 Miles off Road
    Why: - Schedule Says so
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everyone.

What: nothing
    Why: feel a little poorly-throat, head, nose.....Been fighting it all week, but it's finally taken hold! Never mind a couple of days off never hurts anyone.
    Last hard: yesterday's race.
    Last rest: Saturday
  • Hi everyone

What: swimming this morning, this evening 3-4 miles steady (club run)
    Last hard: Sat
    Last rest: yesterday
  • I agree it's jolly cold outside. I ran along the seafront & the waves looked quite nice crashing up the beach. The strong wind was blowing off the sea so on my way out I got cold on the right side & coming back it was the left side that got cold.
    A run of two half's you could say.
    A completley useless fact I discoverd tonight [well for me!] was that after running this out & back course for years & years is that I pass 10 pubs, not bad for an 8M run.
    Last Rest: Fri
    Last Hard: Sat XC race.
  • What: an easy 35 mins, 4 miles!!
    Why: the tuna's on the grill, the veg is boiling, but I've just printed off the RW schedule for sub 3:30 and I must drag myself out
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Friday
  • Beaten to the punch by Fat Face! Never mind :)

What: Rest.
    Why: Are you joking? I've been running my a*se off carrying weight all weekend, amongst other things! :)

Last hard: All weekend, specially Saturday afternoon tho.
    Last rest: Today.
  • What: weights (dusted off cobwebs first)

why: I tried my urwfrc vest on and discovered i am starting to look like cousin "it". If i'm going to be this hairy, i better be hard enough looking that no-one takes the michael within earshot.

Grr

last run (long long time ago)

last rest (all week shinsplints)
  • Hi!

what: Treadmill, Hill programe, incline 2%, 12 minutes, speed 9.5K/h.

why: because I felt guilty that yesterday I didn't manage my long run.
    & run 2 minutes from bus stop/home, why: because I was freezing cold.

Good Night all!

• Managed 5k after horrid cold/flu - nothing broke or fell off! Forecast is for minus 11 tonight so glad it is done.

After not running for a weekit is true you do feel better, but its a real confidence booster to get out and do it again.

Take care all tomorrow's runners - especially if you're out early
  • never posted this last night as I fell asleep at 10!

What: 4*3.5 min intervals, walk/jog recovery
    Why: club session. And the coach was feeling generous which was just as well since I still feel I can't get going on speedwork again, despite doing practically all sessions at 70% or under last week. Something's not right, was short of breath and wheezing from the first interval, legs felt slow and just hung on right at the back. Had a nightmare where I couldn't breathe, must be related!
    Last hard: Mon
    Last rest: Sat.
    Plan to keep going and try tempo run Thurs.