motivation

2»

Comments

• I'm more trough than peak at the minute!! Its just waaaay too chilly!
  • i was going to run home tonight but i have to go to sainsbury's and do the shopping instead. not all bad though didnt really fancy it tonight as we've had 2" of snow today. i'll run tomorrow.
  • I bunked off my lunch time run today :o(

will DEFINATELY run tomorrow though come rain or shine..... or snow or whatever else the weather decides to throw at me! (And since I have told you lot I am going to do it, then I better had!)
  • i'm having the same problems...........

i got really cold on monday plod and since then everything is going down the pan!

no energy...no motivation...no nuffink!

• was in two minds as to run or not today, but after spending 3.5 hours standing next to a set of traffic lights getting it in the neck from motorists, i thought stuff it, plus it started raining as i got in from work. and its blooming freezing out there.

no run tomorrow, saturday is my day of rest, no exercise is permitted at all on a saturday, even hardly walk anywhere at work (thank heavens for vans).

going for a run on sunday, while i'm at my parents, although i've lived away from home for over 5 years now and usually take running gear with me when i visit, i think i've actually only only used it about 3 times! but i've told you all about it so i'm going to do it.

i'll be checking to make sure all those who sed they would run tommorow do mind!!
  • right back from mum and dads now. i now know why i never run when i visit them, its all uphill!!! but i went for a run, albeit a short one (just under 2 miles one of which was up hill) and it killed me!
  • heck, where has everyone gone?

well i went for another 2 miles today, thought i was running slower than usual, which made a change cause i usually run too fast, but my breathing was strained. turns out i was running faster than i have been and knocked 84 seconds of the 2 mile time i did on thursday, which was nice but not what i wanted. could yesterdays hilly run have something to do with this?
  • hi all,
    did reading half on sunday well chuffed with my time, music does help. how you doing ducky??
  • GET YOUR ARSE OUT THERE DUCKY

Hippo prepares orange sauce
  • well i managed to get off my arse and go out at the weekend too!

managed to twist my bloody knee, but it feels a bit better today so will try a steady run tomorrow and see how it feels.
  • scoops well done on the half!!! but you didn't tell us your time.

you take it easy kazmataz.

hippo, i did get off my ass!!!

just got in from 2 miles, it killed me, not sure how long it took cos i pressed the wrong button on my watch so i'm a bit hacked off about that.

feeling really drained, been having hard days at work, where i've had to walk further than i usually do and the weather has got me down, so the run was really hard. feet been aching for past 2 days and started to develop a small blister on arch of foot. also discovered a possible bio-mechanical problem, running forefoot first with one foot and heel first with other.

fingers crossed it won't cause me any problems

keep it up peeps
  • My time for half was 2hr 17min 15sec not speedy i know but i took took 10mins of last half in oct, this time i managed to run all the way and felt great when i fini walked 1/2hr back to car! Just done 10ml today, not enough training for marathon but im not looking for a great time just want to fini.
  • my motivation has vanished. anybody seen it?

i was doing well until last week when i had to work late meaning i missed a run, haven't been since. not a happy chappy

well done scoops your half was faster than all of mine!!
  • hi ducky hope you r getting on ok with out little challenge. i've been training hard and my run on thursday improved ym pace from 9.18min/km at the start of the challenge to 9.04min/km! v pleased so far it'll be 8 -something soon! how u doing>? :)
  • rarog20, glad things are going well for you, erm as for me, my get up and go got up and went. haven't run for over a week, but i'm off work for a few days now, so i'm going to go for a few runs this week, pretty sure i will have improved slightly for the challenge, but not sure how much.