Options

POSE

I watched a Tommorows World special about the commonwealth games (14/8/02)and there was a item about a new running style called 'POSE'. It is supposed to make running easier by not working the heart so much. Does anybody know how to run like this?

Comments

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    There's a thread on it somewhere in the forum (try doing a search) which has a link to the Pose website. Worth a look.
  • Options
    Just come across this link for POSE running. I saw the same TV article and thought that it is exactly the same as the principles of Chi Running. The web site is www.chiliving.com Having attended a weekend running clinic about this last Summer, I used the theory and put it into practice for the Boston Marathon. It has certainly helped my running, the greatest help when running tired is to concentrate on your form and relax into it as much as you can. Also the man behind this Chi running, Danny Dreyer, is an inspiration to all runners, and fills you with enthusiasm for running.
  • Options
    ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    The url is www.posetech.com if you're interested. It was originally brought up in a thread discussing an online book by Gordon Pirie who had some strong ideas on running form so have a look out for it.