Marathons

I thought Potteries marathon would be an ideal time (15th June) for me to prepare

Comments

• It's hilly !
  • Ok... Perhaps not then!!! Any other ideas!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Give yourself a bit longer and come up for the Loch Ness Marathon at the end of September. Bet goodie bag EVER.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Best. Best.

Must learn to type.............
  • But scotland's cold! I'm a southern whoopsy!
  • You could always unknit the Monkey and turn him into a nice wooly hat ??
  • Blackpool. June 23rd. Flat. One lap. Fish supper after. What could be better. Paula's going to do it with me if she cant get into FLM. Honest.

You might need a moisturiser though. That sea breeze can be a bugger if you've got dry or combination skin!!!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Not cold in September, and you can always drink lots of whisky to keep you warm.
  • Nessie... I hope you aren't implying that I drink too much now!
  • Like the sound of Blackpool. But still need to find an early marathon. Are there any anywhere in Britain before April? I'm aiming for four Marathons next year so I want to get them as spaced out as possible, preferably with the first coming in March or before. I've looked everywhere I can think of but can't seem to find any! Any Ideas?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Oh, no no no no no, Jon. I would never say any such thing. But a wee nippy sweetie is the best thing to stave off the frost. Especially for knitted monkeys. Pity I'm a sub aquatic prehistoric monster who can't stanf the stuff really.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Or spell for that matter.
  • Must be hard to type with flippers. We'll let you off.
  • what about Lake Vyneney (sp I know but you get the gist!), isn't that meant to be really nice?... and is it flat?
  • Vyrnwy - yeah - that's just round the reservoir there, so it's pretty darn flat, and no distractions like sharp turns apparently. Very scenic.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    The Manchester, Sheffield & Nottingham marathons are supposed to be OK. Haven't done any of them though1
  • Lake Vwrytytyetrgry sounds pretty darn good to me! its in autumn though is it not?
  • Just want a nice, easy (!!!!!!) first timers type marathon!
  • No the marathon is on June 2nd.. perfect timing me thinks!!
  • Ok... Think a decision has been made...

Next year, Jon will mostly be training for Lake wibbly wobbly
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of :

Reyjavik in August
    New Forest in September
    Chicago in October

maybe all three (:D)