Is running taking over your life too?

2»

Comments

• I forgot about Moors Valley - not entered that one yet. Guess we will be at the same ones. Need something to look forward to.

Work is in danger of taking over my life at the moment - if it wasn't for my running I would go mad!
  • This is my first Sam - will reserve judgement till after about whether I will do another but can't see me not.

BTW how is the weight gain going?
  • Thank goodness for this thread you have all made me smile and gain some faith in myself I have a quick look at the forum every day and often go away feeling I am the only one training for the marathon feeling tired and concerned about my new obsession as everyone seems so so dedicated. I am training for my first FLM and very excited for the 17th however there have been times I know I bore my friends and family who often question my sanity when I turn them down on Friday nights for an early night instead of some wine and dancing however despite feeling tired and a few tears I am proud of myself and I have never felt healthier. I have surprised myself and although crazy and obsessed with time and mileage I am now considering the Paris Marathon - running is an addiction.
  • Half way through training I said I wouldn't do another marathon. I'm beginning to change my mind already! I mean what am I going to do after FLM, I need another one lined up or I'll be bored!

SA what do you mean by weight gain? I'm getting lighter. Think I'll disappear soon as I down to 7 stone 12!! I really am Little Les lately!
  • I am sure you will all have a great time - the pain, tears and rollercoaster of emotions are all part of the marathon ride! Hope you get plenty of friends / family down to support, but the crowds are fantastic. One thing I would suggest, if not running for a charity where you might have your name on your top - get your name printed and stuck on the front or back of running top! Complete strangers would then start calling out "C'mon Sam, keep going Sam" and other such motivational comments, a great way to make it to the finish.

SA - weight gain somewhat stagnated at about 8.5 stone (am genuinely trying to eat more, the mind is willing but the appetite at the moment isn't!)
  • 7st 12
    8st 7

JEEZUS F'ing X - I am heavier than the both of you put together...........just...........

and I've lost 4kg..........

• FB - I was thinking the same. I'm not the right size for Marathon running either.

Little Les & SamTheMan, go and find a small child aged about 5 - 6 years old and give them a piggy back for 26.2 miles, thats what FB and me have to put up with

Not lost much weight but my fat content has gone down to 12%

Also FB,Just got back from an 8 mile run and all I could think about was this Ironman. think I am going to go for it, next year of course
  • Little Les - I think the weight gain reference was to do with me. Managed to lose 2st 7 last year, so am in process (very slowly) of trying to put it back on (thus far unsuccessfully!)
  • Sam were you ill? Is that why you lost it? I just wonder why you want to gain weight, unless it's cos you are currently underweight.

Acer & FB I'm only 5ft tall so it's about the weight I should be. If I was any heavier I'd look like a little dumpling or something!
  • I'm about 5ft 8 and so I am told (repeatedly) that I am underweight. Wasn't ill, just too much running and not enough re-fuelling
  • I should add an unhealthy paranoia about food didn't / hasn't helped!
  • I'm totally obsessed.

Mrs Pants runs daily too and is quite into it, but even she gets bored of me going on. So I bore Barnsley Runner on messenger instead!

Every day is planning out runs, charting progress, counting calories, planning meals, weigh-ins, etc... I run twice daily, Mrs Pants once daily and two eldest kids once daily too. Life is chaos!

When I shower post-run, I'm thinking about running; when I go to sleep, I'm thinking about running; when I'm running, I'm thinking about running - daydreaming of victories, planning schedules and targets(training and weight loss), considering what to eat after, deciding what times I hope to acheive.

Love it, love it, love it! :-D
  • Pantman that is exactly what I mean. I get up and think about last nights run. I'm at work daydreaming about races to enter, times to beat. I'm planning the evening ahead and what to eat during the day. Then I get home after my run fill out the running logbook and go to bed. Next day it all begins again.

I've got loads of races lined up for after FLM and I'm even considering another marathon!
  • Pants - I NEVER knew you were obsessed........no, never.........not at all.........

:O)))

Acer - go for the IM matey......
  • FB - I'm going to do it, what training do you do everyweek? I saw one plan that said 50 miles running, 7 miles swimming, 250 miles on the bike, is this the get you round plan or the achievers schedule? Also do RW have pacers :-) I can just see him swimming with his sub 15hr stick
  • Drink, run, stretch, breakfast, read RW threads, drink, banana, drink, run, stretch, lunch, drink, read RW threads, drink, update training log, drink, banana, drink, dinner, read RW threads (convince myself I'm not obsessed like hilly, pantman and BR), sleep, dream of running, start all over again!

Somewhere in all of that I do some work and spend time with my wife and kids.
  • Acer - mail me via my profile and we can take this offline and not clog the thread up - I'll reply when I get your mail
  • quicker - Acer - I've mailed you!
  • No point in being half hearted about it, is there?
  • >Drink, run, stretch, breakfast, read RW >threads, drink, banana, drink, run, >stretch, lunch, drink, read RW threads, >drink, update training log, drink, >banana, drink, dinner, read RW threads >(convince myself I'm not obsessed like >hilly, pantman and BR), sleep, dream of >running, start all over again!

Sounds all too familiar!!! Work interrupts reading the RW threads - but no wife or kids to provide additional distraction!
  • Work interrupts my training!
  • Les I was talking to Sam when I enquired about the weight gain!
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    I'd be MUCH more obsessed/committed if I wasn't married to a husband who isn't really interested in running. He's pleased that I run, as I obviously enjoy it and it's good for me, but rarely enquires about how a run went (probably because he knows from experience that he won't get a word in edgeways for at least half an hour after asking!) or talks to me about running.

Occasionally I try to convince him to come on a run with me, and occasionally he does, but I know I'm guilty of trying to force my enthusiasm for running on to him. He doesn't share my obsession, period. Sometimes I find it really frustrating as I'd love to discuss, dissect, plan and obsess with someone who is as passionate about it as I am. Still, I guess that's what these forums are for ...