Sat 19th March 2005

What? 30 mins very easy @ snail pace, take every day at a time :)
Why? Re-strengthing
Last hard? -
Last rest? 2 days ago

Should be great weekend with WC XC!

Comments

• Morning from a foggy South Wilts!

Quiet round here this morning.......

What: The Figsbury Challenge- a low key 5K off road event at a local school.
    Why: it's too close to miss!
    Last hard: Weds
    Last rest: yesterday (unplanned)

I'll probably run home after the race to boost up my mileage seeing as yesterday's run was skipped- hoping to get another week in the mid-30's before moving back up to 6 runs/40+ miles next week :o)

Have a good one!

• Morning

What: 5 miles easy
    Why: 22 miler tomorrow

Last Hard: 2 days
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Eagerly await the weekend race reports...looks like a big, big weekend at Bath, Ackworth, Wilmslow, Coniston & Rhayader...a 'Scintillating Sunday' is a distinct possibility...do your best everyone!!!

----
  • The sun has crept into the heavens and dewy windscreens are all over. Couldn't stay in bed any longer, so I'm up!

What: running at 10am with someone, 5M steady
    Why: recovery and 'nice to be out' type of run
    Last hard: dunno
    Last rest: yesterday

I think a scenic trot is in order for today, steady and even paced, according to 70% of my HR. I love this sunshine!

Don't forget the race of the Chucky Egg 10k, near Barnsley on Sunday, JGRM, always a major feature of the running calendar!
  • Morning

Sunshine here in SE London - glorious morning for running!

What: 8 miles done

Why: Getting back fitness

Last Hard: Wednesday

Last Rest: Sunday

Have a good day

Race well this weekend folks!
  • Apologies, run well ye Chucky Eggers!!

----
  • Morning
    not racing for the first time in 3 weeks

On call
    5.4 miles d and d
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.

what:5 miles easy
    why:easy day, but also my back and calves wouldn't let me go any faster!
    last hard:Tues
    last rest:yesterday

Happy running/racing all!
  • Morning all,

90 Mins, according to my (RW!) marathon schedule, this IS a taper! I have switched the long run from Sun to Sat because I am flying to Washington tomorrow, but the RW schedule has speedwork even in the final week (albeit not very much), 17 for the long run this week and 10 on Easter Sunday. Can't believe it is only 2 weeks tomorrow until the marathon! Bats in stomach... It is kind of tapering though - I did 45 miles last week and this week is 'only' 40..., and it drops off next week again. I don't know enough yet to divert too much from the schedule and do my own thing. Will buy the new RW book and learn more!

So, for me today: 17 miles easy
    Why: schedule and last longish run before marathon
    Last hard: weds
    Last rest: thurs

Happy running all.
  • morning,

hilly i hope you'll be ok for tomorrow but be sensible if not. i've just started taking the spatone you recommended as i still feel a bit sluggish after the flu, how long do you reckon it takes to kick in?

red haired girl i will look out for you tomorrow. yesterday they seemed to have filled the carpark with portaloos. we may not be able to park but at least we won't have to look for bushes.

good luck to racers everywhere this weekend and well wishers to benchers.

what - rest
    why - race tomorrow and fizz says so
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - tuesday

• good luck clink - and everyone else

haven't decided what I'm doing yet today - most likely short'n'brisk
  • Happy racing people.

What - 6.5 miles easy on my own

Why - hard run tomorrow (and Saturday running partner has blown me out to run 5 miles with `someone'):)

Last hard - Wednesday

Last rest - 149 days
  • Morning all,

Foggy here in Bedfordshire too. Hope it clears up soon.

What: 5 miles very easy
    Why: Oakley 20 tomorrow
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Sunday

Was stretching after my run last night and noticed what looked like water marks on the front of the TV. Strange, I thought, then looked up. Bugger. Water had been leaking from our en suite, and clearly gathered above the lounge ceiling, and then dripped onto the TV below (and spread for about a metre further). Thankfully not much water came through (or it could have been very nasty), but there's a fair amount of damage :-(

The good news is that the 2 year warranty on our new build house has TWO DAYS left to run - so we rang up the emergency number and a plumber is due any time now. If this had happened two days later it could have been very expensive...
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good luck those racing

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: Building the miles
    Last Hard: Last Sundays race
    Last Rest: Last night

off in a mo
  • Gloriously sunny, mild day here in Sheffield.

Short run today, about 4miles, before tomorrows Ackworth 1/2 marathon.

Good luck to everyone else planning a race tomorrow, and heal quickly all those on the injury bench.
  • Morning all

Still unsure what to do. Sore throat and ear ache but no fever or headache. I could wake up tomorrow feeling fine, but if I don't travel then still will be unable to race. Tickets paid for so no cost implications, it's just so annoying.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    clink, I've been taking it for a couple of years now, but if I remember rightly it was quite quick in the relief it provided.

Had a cold bath, taken voltrol and rubbed in Wood Lock, so fingers crossed it'll ease off as the day progresses!
  • <<<GET OUT THERE AND RUN IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY - IT'S GLORIOUS !!!>>>>

Just got back from my five easy miles which turned into six brisk miles. Sun is shining, birds are singing and flowers are bloooming...and you can wear shorts and T-shirt!!!

----
  • thanks mikeS, we'll see what tomorrow brings but i'm excited and very nervous now.

hilly - i'm on the first few days so hope to be bouncing along quite soon then;)

mikeB hope you feel ok tomorrow
  • URR - glad to see you're back running. take it easy!

Lovely day today. First time i've run in shorts this year.

Ran without any strapping and my knee and ITB was fine. My knee feels very happy sorting itself out running without being inhibited by strapping. So all in all i'm hesitantly relieved and happy ... whilst not wanting to be too happy as injury is only ever one run away! ;-)

What? 5 miles, long slow distance for me.
    Why? weekly scheduled long run, for base endurance.
    Last hard? 1 week
    Last rest? 2 days ago

Have a lovely day all.
  • fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Morning peeps. Promises to be a nice day on Merseyside.

what - 4 miles easy done and dusted
    why - I'm going to try running on concestutive days for the first time in 18 month, so tomorrow's run will be a bit longer.

Have a nice day now.
  • Great day for running. I was quite puffing and my legs felt a bit weak, so will try to stick for the 30 mins the next days and slowly try to build it up. Averaged 79% maxHR :D

JD - Keep up the stretching. ITB is a nasty one, depending on the tighness it can travel up and down the thigh.

Skip the rugby *yawn* :) BBC2 WC XC, St. Galmier, France 2:50-3:50pm see Bekele & co in action!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Back from 6 mile run
    76% mhr trying keep easy as poss but with the heat kept HR up.
    But not complaining was a nice run.

Uncle sent me the local paper with the results from Sundays race i was 306th out of 343 official time 2:24:52

• Looking good there JD - seems as though the rest has done you good?

It is a lovely day today - I've been through a cross country trail, down by the River Wharfe, and it was great. Not in shorts, but will be tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow - guarenteed PB - my first half marathon!!

what: 8 miles easy
    why: keep mileage up - half mara isn't a full blown effort.
    last rest: 6 days
    last hard: 7 days

looking forward to some great race reports over the weekend - good luck!
  • well it isn't gorgeous everywhere, dull and grey here :(

and well reminded nrg-b, in thats my second reminder this morning, also got a letter from the blood donation people. Might as well donate considering the pathetically small amount of running I'm doing just now.

Also got appointment with podiatrist through today, faster than I expected, in fact the appointment is when I'll be away on holiday so I'll have to phone and rearrange that.

More stretching today, I think tomorrow I'll do a short gentle run just to see where my legs are really at now. Getting less twinges less often but I don't feel the problem has ever cleared up completely.

well done Pammie!

great picture btw Fat Face!

• I feel a bit funny. I've come over all faint and light-headed. Not sure what it is...

Oh, I know what it is... it's Fat Face saying he's going to start RUNNING on consecutive days!!!

:-O

What: nowt
    Why: bench
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: Sunday 13th March (Liverpool Half Marathon-from-hell)

;o)

have a good day folksies...
  • Supposed to running Rhayader today and Li'l Sis tells me it's going to be lovely there..

Hope everyone who is there has a superb day - maybe next year for me..

What: Resting resting resting
    Why: On the bench (since the Jurassic Period it seems - well 2 weeks anyway!!)
    Last Rest: errrr.. 2 weeks!!
    Last Hard: 23rd Jan.

Have a good 'un
  • Morning all,
    Nice warm and sunny day here in Kent once again!

What:
    am: 6-mile comfy, moving along well today,enjoyed the early morning warmth!

pm: Hill session 10-12 reps of a 300m steep incline, jog back recovery. I will see how this goes could be open to modification!

Why:
    Scheduled hard day today, focus on anaerobic strength. Fast pace aerobic work.

Looking forward to the world XC this afternoon, hope my club mate MISS DALE does the girls proud! :)

• Hello again,

well, I managed my 17 (distance guestimated by speed and time). Think body is not ready for 9 one day and 17 the next - must plan how to switch training about better next time! Legs were lead-like for the first couple of miles (although think that was partly due to full camelbak...made me realise what a difference losing a kilo or two would make ;)...) but then I felt good, and it was so beautiful. I ran out for 85 mins and back in 83 - but it was uphillish a lot of the way out and downhillish on the way back apart from one vicious hill in Saltram. First time I have done such a long run by myself, so v pleased.

Welcome back from the bench, URR - keep it coming! I am off to the pub now, sadly to work, but will probably watch the rugby too. Enjoy the sun too - I am wearing flipflops!
  • track session for me

how far can i run in 12 minutes? well the answer this time round (its one we repeat every couple of months) was 2550m :-) 60m further than last time!

last hard: well - not sure really. today was quite hard but short. yesterday's swim was long but not that fast. i don't know!

last rest: wednesday