Options

THURSDAY TRAINING SESSION! 12 OCTOBER!!

What: Rest
Why: Trained yesterday, recovering from injury.

Last hard: The other day.
Last rest: Today.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all! It's dark! So no weather report yet. But I think it's warm(ish)
    What: 4-6 miles steady
    Why: Racing on Sunday
    Last hard: Yesterday - seven fast-ish miles
    Last rest Saturday

Off to the UK tomorrow for a few weeks to see friends, family, drink proper beer and go shopping. So won't be posting until I get back to my PC in the new year. So have a fantastic Christmas everyone, hope all the racing and training goes to plan and see you all in 2003!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Happy Christmas LizzyB.

Bit slack this week.
    Managed to finish the decorating yesterday and went to see the Bond Movie last night , so yesterday turned into the midweek rest day.
    Today I've got meetings in London most of the day and tonight the missus is on a 'ladies night' out so it looks like back to back rest days.
    Off to Center Parcs tomorrow for maybe some woodland runs,cycling,definitely a massage,and bruises galore on the rapids.
    Probably have another go at archery & fencing too,was fun last time.
    Also done the decent thing and booked babysitters for Friday and Saturday nights!

• Options
    Have I missed something - why is it october again!

Flu and chest infection are back with a vengence so today will be spent on the couch, under the quilt, drinking lemsips.
    Well as soon as I finish the stuff I have to do at work it will be!
  • Options
    What: watching leeds lose again but at least this time the tickets are free.
    Why: the shouting and waving of arms might help upper body strength.

enforced rest day due to compulsory football watching and having to go up north for an interview tomorrow.

• Options
    What : Nothing
    Why : Been ill since last Sat with dodgy tummy and fluey symptoms.

Last Hard : A week last Tuesday
    Last Rest : Yesterday
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    What: Probably 20 minutes fast-ish.
    Why: Out tomorrow night so have to clear the spare room ready for the carpet to be fitted first thing Saturday morning.
    Last hard: Tuesday (cold, biting wind ... run was fine, just getting outside that was hard!)
    Last rest: Yesterday.

Seem to be doing all my runs at the same pace at the moment, even when I have my 'tempo' or 'recovery' hats on. Must try to work out what kind of pace I should be running these at then try to make sure I do!
  • Options
    Er, not a lot of running on here today by the looks of things. But that's bound to change once the hard boys are back from their am 10 mile recovery runs.

Happy xmas Lizzy, glad you got the decorating done Dustin. Get well soon folks.

What: Rest (another shirker).
    Why: Need one.
    Last hard: ahem, yesterday's second session was hard. Short, but hard.
    Last rest: Sat
  • Options
    Yes happy Christmas LizzyB and congrats to Laura for her marathon place. Still alot of illness about, hope you all recover quickly.

What: 5.5-8.7 miles with fast sections.

Why: Club run and I always try and compete for periods of time against the better runners and generally lose. Fortunately for me they don't realise it is a competition!!

Last hard: Sunday

Last Rest: Monday

Good to see it has warmed up a bit!
  • Options
    What: an easy 6 miles
    Why: loosen my legs ready for a long one tomorrow (ooer missus)
    last rest: Monday
    last hard: Tuesday
  • Options
    What: Upper body weights session
    Why: 1) Still alternating running days with weights days till the achilles is problem-free 2) Vanity
    Last rest: Sunday (spent the day in beer houses in Munich - managed half a litre!)
    Last hard: Ice skating last Friday (and the bruises to prove it)
    Next hard: Ice skating on Saturday (no bruises planned, I'm a pro now)

Looking forward to my Christmas Day run - practised my route last night (first run wearing a hat this year).
  • Options
    What: Tempo-type thing - order of 10K. Might split into two 5Ks so I can do it on the treadmill without the treadmill police kicking me off.
    Why: Gradually evolving a routine - Speed on Tue, Tempo on Thur, Long on Sat, Recovery on Sun
    Rest: Yesterday
    Hard: Tuesday/Sunday
  • Options
    Ooh, that was rude of me - I meant to extend my hellos and best wishes to all. I forgot.
  • Options
    Monday and Tuesday were great. Tuesday was the office Christmas party, so yesterday was chips at lunchtime. Set the alarm for 6am, but was woken at 2am by someone who'd been to their office Xmas party and decided to text me! So...
    What: Teaching Body balance and hopefully a blast on the treadmill after
    Why: I want to try and stick to this darn schedule
    Last hard: tuesday's speed
    Last easy: Monday's tempo
    Last rest: yesterday

Greetings to one and all etc...
  • Options
    what: tempo run, but time limited. Let's see how far I can go at intended ½M race pace (6:24 per mile) - time likely to limit it to 7 miles at the outside

why: 2nd quality session of week

last hard day: Tue
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Mon

recovery run was a miserable affair in the cold last night. Hope it's warmed up by the time I get out this evening....
  • Options
    Really, really very very very cold in Germany at the moment (-12 last night) so glad to have an injured knee (not really!). Starting to feel a bit tubby since not running for over a week - or is that due to the six pints of beer (burp!) I consumed at a work outing on Tuesday.

Today: Cycle and rower
    Why: no running at the moment due to injury
    Last hard day: Really was October
    Last rest: Yesterday

Having missed all my attempts at taking a holiday since July its all backed up to the end of the year and tomorrow will be my last day in the office this year and in fact until 6 January - yippee!!! Trip back to the UK next week for crimble, I'll be in the Oxted area of Surrey driving a black Audi estate with German plates - honk if you see me.
  • Options
    What : Rest day
    Why : Tuesday 6 miles hard, yesterday 30 mins intervals on 'mill. Trying to get speed up!
    Last Hard : Yesterday
    Last Rest : Monday

Plan 6 tomorrow 3 easy/3 hard..rest Saturday and 15 at mara pace Sunday.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: am - 40 minute easy turbo session, pm 40 minute easy run
    why: 1st day's training since last Saturday due to pretty bad cold.

Hopefully should be ok to do long run on Saturday.
  • Options
    What: AM) 10.5 Mile Long Run in 67 Minutes
    PM) 1.5hr Full body weights session, followed by 1hr Body Balance.
    Why: Gotta get my miles in this week before weekend, as Im racing in a local XC league but wanna keep my mileage up (ouch)
    Last Hard day: today, again
    Last Rest day: Monday

Im not looking forward to tonight, bt I gotta keep the elite type routine going. I've managed for 10 weeks so far and seen real results, which I am enjoying, even if some days feel a little rough. D@mn this fitness lifestyle! ;)

KK
  • Options
    That's now two of you that have mentioned body balance? I was wondering if someone could please give a quick explanation of what it includes.

Cheers
  • Options
    Body Balance is a mixture of yoga/pilatets/tai chi/feldenkrais, a mind body workout to music, from the same people who do Body Pump and Body Combat. Good for core strength, and general feeling of well being, but still I only three people to my class! Could it be I'm a cr**p teacher!
  • Options
    Thanks Snicks for the explanation, I wouldn't worry until the three you have got stop coming ;-) I'm sure you do a top jobat teaching.
  • Options
    afternoon, running types.

glad to hear you're finally getting your holiday, Martin, and that you're finally getting close to an English pub, Lizzy.

but otherwise, aaarrrghhh, it's been one of those days ...

what: 9 pitiful miles of which only 6 were at target marathon pace.

why: cos I physically couldn't manage any more, work stress, lack of sleep, overtraining, you know the drill.

last rest: Monday
    last hard day: Tuesday

don't you hate it when that happens?
  • Options
    Achilles,
    I know exactly how you feel! Last time I went out the door to do a MP run I totally blew up, not good.

What: KFH (Kentucky Fried Horwill), 9 miles, middle 7 @ 1/2M pace (6:10 min/mile)
    Why: Really was asking myself this as I was running into the wind and snow (the weather in Notts is sh*t this PM).
    Last hard run: Today
    Last rest day: Monday.

Martin,
    Good to see you back on the forums.

Drew,
    glad to hear you're feeling better. Must be time for some more Horwill then, eh ;-)

KK,
    I'm in awe that you can fit ~4 hours exercise into 1 day, that's about 2/3 my weekly total!!!
  • Options

I'm not remotely up to the standard of the rest of you, but can I join in, as it might help with my motivation (which is somewhat lacking at the moment)?

What: 3 miles steady

Why: Because that's what my Hal Higdon marathon training schedule says.

Last hard: Ignoring my collapsing legs last night, Sunday.

Last rest: Monday.

God, that looks pitiful. Oh well, it can only get better!

• Options
    What: rest
    Why: bit pushed for time today and shortly have to go for some compulsory drinks to celebrate a friends passing a major exam at work
    Last hard: yesterday I suppose - 8 miles steady
    Last rest:Sun
  • Options
    MM: Combination of four factors really mate. 1) I've given up TV. Thats given me hours of time that is otherwise unavailable to mere mortals. 2) I primarilly work from home. 3) Im young, free & single, with an understanding family. 4)Today IS a particularly HEAVY day!
  • Options
    What: swim, 750m. No heroics. (But it wasn't an Everything Counts Double day.)

Anybody heard from Wild Will?

Lanny be patient. Sorry, boring but true.

Ah well, good luck all.

• Options
    BTW Marmite Master & Achilles- Which Horwill schedule are you using? Any chance of a link? Also, as Im running an Autumn marathon this year, you could let me know how it goes for you all & it might help dictate my training...
  • Options
    Hi.

What: Complete and utter nothing

Why: If didnt rest up today then it wouldnt be untill late next week.

Last Hard: Tuesdays speedwork

Last Rest: Saturday and today