FRESH'N'LO Great Scottish Run

1242526272830»

Comments

• pyramid session this morning. old legs getting back to normal. nice sunny morning. anyhow Im am really signing off now. perhaps some of you will be at our club 10K on 25 of this month-East Neuk 10K see events
  • B.W. - Don't go just yet. Whats a pyramid session?
  • just downloaded the video fromthe race . I must admit, I'm not really impressed with it.
  • Drobton- Don't take my word for it but I think pyramid sessions are basically- Warm up then 2min fast 2min slow, 3min fast 3min slow, 4min fast 4min slow, then back down to 3min fast 3min slow, 2min fast 2 min slow etc. So u are increasing intensity then decreasing it basically. Times aren't important, just to explain idea. Times would be to suit you but with essentially the same principle.

Sure there is loads of info on this somewhere on RW, cos that's probably where I read it.

TT ;0)
  • Think I'll be giving the video a miss!! The photos were bad enough!
  • There isn't any photos of me boohoohoo! Just the odd bit of be peeping out from behind other people in my friend's pics.
    Probably just as well the photos from the womens 10k in May were awful, but have to say the bits peeping out in my friends pics looked thinner than they did in the womens 10k pics.

TT ;0)
  • Drobton-also having to give Oban a miss my son and i have our clubs track and field championships that day.
  • J.M - Quite fancy the idea of either Jed or F.W as it gives me the excuse to drag the family out, giving them the chance to see a bit more of Scotland. For this reason F.W probably edges it.

Also F.W can be entered on the day so I can see how my shins are before making a final decision.
  • Just disabling thread as I am off on hols and don't want to come back to thousands of e-mails from all the threads I have been on.
  • At Jedburgh there is a kids fair with rides/slot machines etc there is also an excellentcafe/canteen on the go after the race and the rolls and bacon really hit the spot after a good run.Last year Jedburgh was full a few weeks before the race so it may be that you wont be able to enter on the day this year either.

F.W. starts and finishes at the nevis sports centre where there are things for kids and mums alike.Nice cup of tea and biscuits when race is over,very good range of race prizes(not that i ever need to worry about that)but its nice to see some people get prizes who may not normally get one,cant remember if they do spot prizes at this event.

Usually a good turnout at both events with a couple of water stations on route and runners of various abilities.
    Jedburgh usually has a good t-shirt but you have to pay for it and FW has an unusual medal.
    hope to see you there.
  • Coming back from injury and won't be ready for the Cumbrian half but Jedburgh is a possibility. Is it flat or hilly.
  • There is a topic already opened for the Jedburgh half but here goes anyway.

Jedburgh-some ups and downs for first 2-3 miles then flat till halfway where there is a small hill then flat again till 11 miles where there is a bigish hill but when you get to the top its downhill all the way to the finish.Would be best to enter early as the entries closed a couple of weeks before the race last year.An excellent well run event
  • Has anyone ordered any photos from the run on marathon-photos?

They look quite good although expensive
  • I did in a weak moment. Mainly cause both me and my sister are in it and if we don't support this service it won't continue.