FFF Club 13/12

Well, mum is hyper-active as usual, so much so that I've given up all hope of any sleep tonight so thought I may as well come and potter around on the forums.

Mike and I had our own little Christmas party tonight just for me 'cos I don't get to go to works do's any more. We had a smashing curry with some champagne. Lovely!

WW, glad you're around. Don't be a stranger. Any developments you want to talk about? Thinking of you anyway xxx

Benz, have you been drinking tinnies on the train again? It's been a while since I've done that! When do you start your new job?

EP and Dolly, can't believe you haven't heard from your slimming club yet. Hope it's good news soon.

I'm trying to get an appointment with the Physio tomorrow because my hamstring is still sore - I'm fed up of putting frozen peas on it.

Might have to go and raid the fridge soon. Hope there isn't anyone else around who can't sleep. Speak to you all later.

Comments

• Mmmmmmm, just had a cheese and tomato sandwich on malted brown bread with mayo and branston pickle with a nice cup of green tea. Yes, I know I'm talking to myself but there's no-one else around.

Just visited the FLM small charities website but even they all want a minimum of £1000. I've managed £500 in one go last year but it's difficult to keep asking the same people for money all the time and most of them sponsored me at least twice in the last 6 months. Not giving up hope yet. Maybe I should email Cancer Research and offer myself in case someone drops out at the last minute. I'm going to do the training anyway.

Sorry for waffling on.
  • Redhead - I hope you're now tucked up in bed asleep you poor thing!
    It is really misty here, oh and v.v. cold.
    Have already done some ironing (Mr needed a shirt and decided to do it all). Now have to start the washing again .....
    Haven't eaten yet, just had a pint of water, bit early for me. Hope you're all going to get out there today and fingers crossed for those waiting for SW FLM places.
    Catch you later.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone. Still at home, taking train to work (in London) because office Christmas do tonight.

Catch you all later.
  • morning, nice hot cup of tea (must remember to eat during morning ahead of lunchtime Xmas event (2 down 3 to go))

go one do tell pixie.

sleep peacefully Redhead
  • that's OK so long as you're not wasting time sleeping in your own time :-)

one evening this week I stayed up so late I nearly missed the 11pm news on the bedside radio as I snuggled down - Tuesday was tucked up before 10. What is a real life like?
  • Poor Redhead, hope you got some shut-eye at last. You must be getting exhausted.
  • Hi again all,

Thanks guys. Finally got back to bed at 5am and managed 2 lovely hours before had to get up at 7am.

Good for you Pix, must have been a good night!

Just phoned the FLM and they say that some of the rejection letters and fleeces will not be received until the end of next week because the Post Office has got behind with deliveries. Humph!
  • Hi Red!

I reckon you didn't sleep cos you had too much shampoo - admit it gal!

I didn't get my rejection from FLM last time until 28 January - same excuse was given i.e. the Post Office - do you really believe that?!

x
  • Oh Snoopy, I wish! Maybe that's the answer, if I drink loads and get plastered then I'll sleep through all her shenangens. Mmmm, what a tempting idea.............
  • So did you go to the party or duck out of it and have a heavy gym session instead, Pixie? ;-)

Redhead, I don't know how you do it!

The Good Doctor Benz is a miracle-worker! Oh, yes! And not a one-organ doc either. I got up (late) this morning and discovered that normal service had been resumed in the hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis (saying no more in case the boys are squeamish about such things).

It's my works do tonight. Still hoping to get to the gym beforehand. We'll see!

Ah, well, down to work.
  • Morning all,
    Oh Susie.. poor you.. hope you manage to get some decent sleep tonight pet! I've got to stay in all morning and wait for the windscreen repair man to come! My windscreen is completely cracked from one end to the other.. they were supposed to come yesterday and didn't..Grrrrr!!!!! If they don't come this morning..I will not be responsible for my actions. Hoping to get a bit of exercise in too at some stage. Went the gym yesterday and had a really good workout and ate very healthily yesterday too..My cats are still mating at regular intervals.. what on earth is going on with them???!!! Is it the time of year or what? The Mr didn't believe me when I told him..but he has seen it with his own eyes this morning..!! Hope today is a good one for all of us. I'm going out with my friends tonight, but I'm not drinking, cos of what happened last time..!!!!
  • morning all,

sorry to hear your having a bad time with mum at the moment, fingers crossed you get some sleep tonight.

Im off out for my works christmas do tonight, fancy dress at the london dungeon. Tried my outfit on last night, and am feeling very worried about going out in it. I look hideous, but then again im supposed too !

staying overnight in london so hoping to try out the gym before the do.. or tommorrow morning as an hangover aid !!
  • I just had a flick through yesterdays thread to see who cursed me!
    and it was........YOU CLARISS ! Yes you mentioned childrens plays and vomit in the same sentance. (I did relate this in a brief moment between episodes of spew last night but as nobody was about I thought I would BRING IT UP AGAIN...little vomit joke there)
    My little monster was in her first ballet performance last night..at the tender age of 3 and a half...aaahhh (even she was cute apparently). We are going to see it tonight (with lots of grandparents). Mrs BBB took her lastnight so us boys had some time on our own. We were having a great time until favourite son no. 1 decided to vomit...all over the sofa, carpet and himself. The diarrhoea followed later in the night :-(
    Just hooping the little monster isn't ill on stage tonight.

Loadsa exersize yesterday..1 hour gym and 6 miles up hills. Legs are not happy, they wanted to go on strike this morning so we went into arbitration and the offer of a scone has got them back to work.

• Morning all,

Thought I'd had a bad night last night. Been training hard for three days and kept waking up dreaming about running! How sad is that? Sounds like nothing compared to yours Redhead. Try the alcoholic anaesthetic approach but be prepared for the morning after side effects...
  • Saxplayer, hi, haven't seen you here before. Thats is a particularly sad thing to do and you must truly be a runner in every anorak-clad sense of the word ;-)
  • Hi Saxplayer. You should have taken your HRM and Thorlos off before you went to bed...

I've just had a big box delivered. The label says it's a hamper. Can't wait to have a peek inside.
  • Been lurking for a while but I'm having a quiet(ish) day at work 'cos the web site's taking forever to save, so thought I'd add my two penneth.

It must be nice to get unsolicited hampers through the post, V-rap!
  • It is...I think!

Last one I got was full of bloody glucosamine and chondroitin! If this one is the same, I shall be able to keep all the forumites and their horses supplied for a year.

Keep posting, Saxplayer!

Pixie, I am glad it was a good party. Often the best ones are the ones you're looking forward to least.
  • Windscreen man has been and replaced my windscreen... HOORAY!!! Have to wait an hour before I can drive it.. but then it's all systems go!!
  • Come on then V-rap, share the contents of the hamper.
  • Great stuff, Michelle!

Opened my box...that's more my sort of hamper! Chocolates, Christmas pud, shortbread, ground coffee, orange liqueur cake, bottle of red wine, jam, fancy chutney, more chocolates. Anyone fancy popping over for lunch? Past Villa Park, straight ahead at the roundabout and it's the first surgery on the left. Can't miss it.
  • V-Rap - I would love to pop over and help you with that little lot!!!!!!!
  • Sounds great, V-rap!

I don't even get a Christmas card from my suppliers any more. The best they can do is send me an email telling me they won't be sending a card! At least they give the money they save to charity...