Has everyone heard now?

Or are some people still waiting. At least the success/reject organisation seems better than last year.

Comments

• I've heard over the phone that I'm in but received nothing in the post yet..just hoping they haven't made a mistake!
  • Still nothing......It's getting too much now. I only hope that the missus is'nt hide anything to spring on me on Christmas Day!
    The Becks is looking far too inviting...
    Anyway todays another post day....
    Cheers!
    Kev H
    Belly's gonna get yoooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Only heard over the phone. Just spoken to them and they say we may not get the rejection letter or fleece until the end of next week because the Post Office has got behind with deliveries. Humph!
  • The enquiry phone no. has gone onto ansaphone now. Probably too many queries.
    I rang last Monday, didnt make it & that my fleece & reject letter will arrive by today.
    Post has been & gone, cant get through on the phone, web site is useless for contact no. etc. I think I'm going to run Stratford marathon instead, far less hassal, stress, cost, crowds, etc. Good luck to all who got in. Please run it if you get in, apparently thousands dont!!!
    Can you transfer your entry, if you decide that training 40 miles a week in mid-February is too much like hard work, to those who love training in sub-zero conditions?
    Marc
  • FCPF - i still haven't heard anything. !

What's this about an enquiry phone number ?
    could you let me have the number.

Ta.
  • Enquiry number: 020 7902 0189

Today is a day of miracles: I got through to a "live person", answered on third ring just as I had settled down to play Free Cell while I waited, she happened to be someone I used to work with and recognised my voice, had the answer immediately to hand and (this is the really remarkable bit) my husband and I are both in. I wouldn't have believed even one of those could have happened. I still haven't heard by post so had assumed I was rejected, and had posted here to that effect. She said the acceptances are still being posted, which contradicts what someone else was told earlier that they were all sent out by the end of last week.

Time to start training! I just hope the info is correct. I would have preferred to see it in writing.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear. I do sympathise, I hate this suspense every year.

Val.
  • Still not heard "officially". Rang on Monday and the lady said no but nothing in the post. I do think this is so unfair on people still waiting. If you did not know to ring up then you could be waiting for ever. Why don't they post results on website or something?
  • I got my fleece this morning... Well done to anyone who has got in. And I agree about them using the technology to post results. I hope that they take this on board for next year and start to post the results. Good luck to anyone who is still waiting to hear!
  • Thanks Val.

Well done, there's still hope then for those who haven't heard.

might put myself out of misery and give them a call later.
  • Thanks for posting the number Val - I just called, and no place. Not a surprise, but frustrating. Will see if I can find a charity place now.
  • Still nothing. I cannot get through on the phone so I will just have to keep trying and watching the post. Am I the only one???
  • No hang in there.I havent had anything.
    I got through on phone.
    Im not in but they promised to send another fleece!!!
  • I still haven't heard either. I have been told I'm in but would like to see it in writing!
  • Im ok im in but a friend i run with has spent 2 weeks trying to get to speak to a human being , she finally succeeded this morning to be told that they had no record of her entry!!!!!! After she very politely explained that they had cashed her cheque it went very quiet and then someone said they would phone her back. Still waiting to hear. She bequeathed by the way.
  • My wife has still not heard from them. Even though we have rang so we know she is not in, no fleece, letter or anything. I rang again today and they said they will send her a fleece as soon as possible. Very slack. Kind of puts you off bequeathing.
  • Still no fleece delivery for me in Devon - and I need the reject notification to enter my club draw for a place on Wed!

I phoned & they said they would send another (gives them the pleasure of rejecting me twice!) but this hasn't arrived either.
  • There are lots of people still waiting it seems. I was accepted three weeks ago and my wife has still not heard. This is doing no good to our marriage never mind our training
  • Back in 1999 I had a friend who just didn't hear, and assumed that she wasn't in. She eventually heard when she got the next newsletter, but had given up training by then!
  • Well, I got through. It was better when I still had hope, I think. At least I will get the fleece (they had transposed the house number). Good luck all!
  • Iain,

That happened to my bro-in-law a few years ago. They held his place over until the following year at no charge.
  • Hi team!
    I could'nt wait any longer, I 've just this minute phoned the FLM office (very helpful girl it has to be said)and was told I'm not in.....still there's always next year! At least the fleece is in the post.
    Anyway the very best of luck to all of you that got in. For those that did'nt, I will raise a pint of Becks on your behalf and lets hope we get in next time.
    Merry Christmas one and all and a great New Year.
    Cheers!
    Kev H
    Belly's gonna get yooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Yippeee
    I got my fleece & reject letter this morning
    What a load of stress
    I'm going to do Stratford 2 weeks after FLM
    Anyone done it before?
    Marc