***Runners: your support team is announced

Comments

• PLEASE, I never got a place but my partner did who applied. She is really worried as it is her first marathon, and has been training hard with me. So could you give a huge chear for 17745 'Emily' running for Ali's dream a charity for child with brain tumours. It will her such a lift. THANKS
  • hi always smiling what time do you think you are going to finish in - i hope to be able to finish in just under 5 hours - like 4hrs 59 minutes 59 seconds would be good.

boing
  • hey foxyt - i noticed in the last marathon mag that you can make a paser which is like a bandle - you have to put what time you should be at each mile marker - obviously you may have to ask someone the time if you don't wear a watch
  • Guys - if you're not allocated to a team, we're still there for you. Just come over to us at mile 17 and gasp 'I'm a forumite' and we will deliver hugs and anything else you need.
  • Pix - we are on the LEFT side of the road at the zebra crossing.
  • <<fury hugs>> Pix. We'll be there for you!
  • Evil Pixie...would that be on the front of your vest or back?

To the left of middle or right...top half or lower and possibly covered my your number....?

Have a great day all.
  • Pix, if you can't get your name ironed onto your vest there are a couple of alternatives. Most high street print shops will do it for you, or you could write it on with fabric paint. Will be looking for you at mile 17.
  • I hear they'll also put letters on at the Expo? If you haventyet registered Pix, take your vest with you.
  • I just want to wish everyone the very best for Sunday
    Have a great day
  • Pix - you should be able to reverse your image somewhere under 'file' then print options / setup / orientation. Something like that. Or your printer might offer a 'transfer' option. Make sure you cover the transfer paper with a tea towel (dry) before you iron or you will have a sad and melted vest on Sunday!!!!
    Good luck all.
    Go team 9!!!!!
    boing
  • if your printer doesn't have a reverse then write the words in paint, save then insert as a picture in work/works, and then drag the bottom corner across the picture and it will reverse it.
  • Help - feel like I've got a cold starting - perhaps it's just paranoia - hope so. Signing off now as going to work then off to London tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - SEE YOU AT 17 MILES
  • GOOD LUCK TO ALL RUNNERS, SEE YOU AT MILE 17!

• I'm so excited!
  • All I can say is enjoy it everyone - it's your claim to fame and if you stick close to someone called Paula you might get on the teli!!

boing
  • Right, stick close to a woman called Paula..
    Look forward to seeing team 9 and allothers and so excited!!!!!!!!!!
    GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Meerkat, banners delivered to RW stand as requested!

Huge thanks to you all for a fantastic effort...

See you at mile 17!
  • Crashy - thank you so much. They're now in my hall!
    GOOD LUCK ALL

will be doing the virtual support from the front room for all the teams.
  • Best of luck every one.
    I'm a first timer red start Pen 9 I think -definitly a plodder - number 35927 red vest.
    Quite excited and nervous. Some lovely anonymous person donated £100 on my justgiving site, so am chuffed to bits. Have just done a bit of accidental exercise as there was a fire alarm and I had to go outside and oggle firemen for a bit.
    Go team 4!!
  • Kerzo, also in red start pen 9, number 40712, doing a run 11 mins, walk 1 strategy with Danni and poss. some others. You're welcome to join us - anticipating taking approx 5 hours to get round?

I think red start forumites are trying to meet at the Bandstand in Greenwich Park 8 o'clock onwards Sunday, if you want to meet up.

Ogling firemen....lucky you!!
  • GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL, i am very envious of you, its quite an occasion,enjoy it all, this is going to be something you remember for the rest of your life!

GO GO GO GO TEAM 1!!!!
  • Ooooh, isn't it quiet round here now!!
  • Wonder why??
  • Is there something big going on somewhere??!!
  • go go go Team 7 ... see you there !!