London Social Report - Friday 13th!

Comments

• Was that the night before the marathon or after?

Strugglin' with the smokes then? Not easy is it? Worth it tho' when you do crack it . .
  • After lol, not that i can remember much after leaving temple bar, think we went to another pub near the hotel, then into the hotel bar where I ended up cuddling a guiness or two across the bar top(but I was celebrating after all)
  • Quite right too m8, lots for you to celebrate that night!!!

Shame you can't make Windsor tomorrow - guess Sunday lunch is busy for you?

BTW, I haven't worked out what's goin' on at yours at FLM time? Seem to have missed the news somehow.

Soz, Caz, seem to have gorn orf on a tangent here, but then most of your pals from last night seem either too stunned (by your antics) or still too p*ss*d to join in here anyway, so might as well use the thread for something useful until they all surface bleary eyed on the forum!
  • post race drinkies at mine.......Mr and Mrs wolfy are gonna stay the night.....and anyone else who wants to join in are more than welcome.
    You know my ledgendary capacity for alcohol, so should be a boozy affair...coming??????
  • Not sure - got rejected but almost certain of a place with my club. However since I'm doing Connemara I'm not sure I want to do FLM now.

If I don't run FLM I'll be over to watch but will have daughter with me so will have to get her back to her Mum's for Sunday eve.

Not sure yet then . . thanks for the offer . . when do you need to know?
  • about 2 mins before you walk in the pub, that way i can make sure there's a pint on the bar for you M8
  • That's ma boy!!!!!!

Actually I might manage to give you a little bit more notice than that :-) I have to make my mind up about the club place on the 29th when we have the draw.

I'm tempted coz I haven't done FLM since 97 but it will raise all sorts of domestic difficulties if I do both marathons in 2 weeks.

Now additional temptation of post-FLM Guinness at Legless's . . could be an irresistable combination!
  • Who are you people? How do you know each other? Through this site or through a running club?
    I must admit a lot of the humour on this site goes a little over my head but the Caz hangover descriptions are very, very funny and frighteningly realistic and horribly familiar.
    Maybe I'll start understanding the humour soon as the intricate web of three dimensional, technicolour characters start to become more familiar!
    What the hell am I waffling on about?
  • Oh boy...what a night(mare)! Office party commenced at 12.30pm and what had started as a pretty civilised affair degenerated into drunken debauchery, with at least two of my colleagues managing to get us thrown out of two different pubs. Not only did I get my mobile lifted (from handbag)in the Loop Bar (definitely in my Top 10 of London hang-outs not to hang-out in), but also a bag with personal possessions in, together with my coat. I only realised when I left the godforsaken place that what I'd actually picked up from the mountain of black coats on the floor was a man's overcoat in a size 46. Pity the poor bugger when he came to leave and discovered that he was trying to squeeze into a size 10......So, I was not the happiest bunny when I turned up at St James circa 11 pm, expecting everyone to have buggered off.

Anyway, good to see all of you, which I guess is literal in your case, Caz.... :-)

Hope you all got home OK and catch some of your tomorrow.....
  • I guess I have a 3-star today.....
  • Hi Ben the Rat, welcom and let me tell you a story.

Around this time last year activity on the old RW FLM forum started to pick up as people started sharing training fears/woes etc. By the time April arrived we were a tightly bonded group united by a common aim. A few forumites had met at various warm up races and after lengthy discussions and many strange suggestions as to how we could recognise each other, it was agreed that we would wear our forum names on our kit so if we did see each other we'd be able to identify ourselves. So we did and more of us met before, during (albeit briefly) and after the race.

So after the euphoria that is the FLM had died down someone (Snickers) suggested we should try a sort of e-mail newsletter to keep in touch and set up meeting places at races and thus let herself in for all sorts of hassle setting it up. At the same time 2 significant events were occurring.
    1. Swiss Bobby took it upon himself to set up the Unofficial RW Forum Running Club website, www.urwfrc.org/index.html (three cheers for SB) and the virtual club for real runners was formed.
    2. RW were busy reconfiguring their forums and were persuaded to include a dedicated forum for the lunatics that are URWFRC.

Since then the virtual club has gone from strength to strength, we have our own kit and some of us have met some of the rest of us at various races and socials. We even made the front page of this site following the Windsor Half Marathon where we turned out in strength.

And the rest, as they say is history.

So yes, you could say we know each other and if you spend enough time here, you will get to know us too.

I think I might just start a new thread with this potted history just in case any other newcomers are wondering.
  • Just to prove we know various people, Hi Murf for once we coincide on the forums!

• Hi Murf, that was well put, I'd been wondering how to reply to Ben the Rat - so pleased I stayed wondering!!

Looking forward to meeting you and others at Windsor tomorrow, and to reading the History thread when it's launched ;-) .

Ben, just to add a bit to the picture, Legless and I do know one another as we and 6 others met on the forum as we trained for the Dublin Marathon last October and once we got there we met up in the real world.

As Murf says, we look out for each other at races, and we're starting to get together for social runs from time to time - Sparkly Barkles organised one in the Forest of Dean last month, and Rat Bag and Blue Knees have organised one in Windsor Park tomorrow.

Stick around, you'll find that some are weekday daytime posters whilst others only post in the evening. The forum's a wonderful source of information (and fun) and on the whole almost everybody that drops in is very supportive of each other.
  • That is till I pop in, then everyone else pops out!!!

Must get this BO sorted......

Hasta manana mi amigos.........
  • Hi Tiger, how're you doing. See you at Horton next week if not before.
  • I'll be there Murf. Supposed to be breaking the magic 50 but training's been a bit pathetic. Got to go & make tea .. see you later.
  • Oh my!! Look at the time, I'd better go too.

I'm aiming for 55 but I've had a severe bout of lazyitis for the past couple of weeks so I'm not confident either.
  • URGH! Bleurgh! OUCH!
  • Is that "Psst...Caz", or "P1ssed Caz"??

Sorry I missed it but I had a work do to go to, plus a stinking cold so I cried off early. I'll make one before long though :-)
  • Is that a 3 or a 4 Jon?????
  • 4... I'm in serious pain right now! Ended up going to a pals house in streatham and got home at 5.50 this morning having decided it would be a good idea to walk home from there!

You lot bring out the worst in me!
  • Dont blame me mate I was in bed, up for work before you got home.....
  • Glad to see you all got wasted
  • had an excellent night, but must remember to leave my mobile locked away next time, as i fear the content of text messages could even more out of hand !!

enjoyed witnessing the the Caz / Jon card incident (v funny)! i think Jon enjoyed it too. !

shame had to leave at 11.30 ish. By the way Snoop, hope you didn't take offence to me disppearing but i was starving and in need of Burger King ! only just got train with couple of mins to spare as BK packed, did you make it. ?

jon - you love those early morning walks don't you.

felt worryingly ok this morning, obviously not drinking properly.

have a good one tommorow.
  • Sjkt
    you were the ones in the corner opposite the door. the two attractive ladies in the window, the two spaced out blokes then a rugby player talking to everyone. Thought I would have recognised SD but didn't. damn

star rating this morning ... just as well i didn't join you. Christmas decorations woke me up at 5am. Kids started fighting at 7. Rowe with wife at 7.30 regards kids and getting up. Car keys thrown at me at 8am since car didn't work (again), So up at 8.15 to get the car started and then off to take kids to Tenterden.

Next time, oh am I looking forward to next time...
  • ..looking forward now to Caz's report on tonights clubbing capers ! she's probably in the same state now (as i post this) as last night !

will be interesting to hear if she makes the pub in Windsor !

Jons probably exercising his nocturnal habits and out for a walk at the moment.

Ashley - spaced out ? could of been i suppose, but i can't recall someone with a rugby shirt on ??? unless that was Legless, memorys a bit hazy now.

BTW, sounds like you had a good morning !

• Morning!

Just got back from clubbing and wondering what train to get tomorrow. Help someone, where can I find this out?!

The drinks were a fiver a go tonight so I had about er 3 or 4. Antony made me a huge jumping jack flash before we went and at the time was feeling a little hungover and only sipped it....slowly! But once we hit the club (about 11pm) I hit the beers and I was revived :)

I'll be ok to get to Windsor tomorrow, well as long as I can drag myself off of here and GO TO BED!

Nice to come home to see that you had all posted.... tee-hee. Oh Susie I hope you are feeling better today. Antony slept all morning and part of the afternoon, so he slept off any hangover he had.
  • Thank you Murf & Ricardo K. Now I understand. Who knows I may even participate. Hope you all enjoy your Windsor run and pub.
    Cheers.
    BTR.
  • GL the rugby player was a big guy with short cropped hair. In fact he reminded me of Kemp (can't remember his name, you know the one from Eastenders, phils brother). Also played that SAS bloke recently.

Not good with names Im not.

Im regreting not coming over now, but having been to every other table except yours (if that was you) was the only one I didn't go to. I looked over from the bar on many occasions, but the bloke Id approached before was at the centre island and right in my vision. Every time I looked in your tables direction he seemed to be giving me filthy looks, but I suppose he thought I was on the pull!

Still Im glad you all had a great time and I did toast you all, even if no one heard!

The bar maid (the pretty one who hardly spoke english), thought it was very funny as Id asked her when I first arrived if she had any idea who you guys were. She thought it was very funny that I had arranged to meet a group of people Id met on the internet, but whom I had no idea what they looked like, or in fact what their real names were... Doh!!!!!!!!!!

Still my wife thought that it was extremely hilarious. She is going out with a load of mums from my sons class on Tuesday, and I was supposed to go out with my work colleagues on Friday before coming over to you. They cancelled at 5.30 (obviously knew the boss was on the way back and all shot out the door fast), and then I travel into the west end and through my own stupidity miss all of you and end up going out for my Christmas bash on my own followed by a restuarant after wards.

Now whose the spaced out monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • morning all! great night on Friday, I didn't realised quite how pissed I was until I owrk up on the train, two stops from home (phew) still clutching the sandwich I bought at Waterloo Station!!

Ashley, sorry you didn't join you, after my original embarressing attempt to involve someone who wasn't you earlier in the evening, I gave up!

Sorry I didn't make it yesterday to Windsor but after Friday night followed by a 7.5miles cross country run on Saturday and then more beers on Saturday night I couldn't move on Sunday morning...I hope that you had loads of fun though!