Options

TEAM 5

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    night see you at the (blue) start or at mile 17
  • Options
    You might see me at mile 17, but I ain't starting. Woke up with tight chest full of nasty stuff. Good luck all, and see you next year, if not today.
  • Options
    ((((PottingShed)))) what carp luck :o(
  • Options
    Well done team 5. I had a very emotional time at mile 17. One less medal hanging up, but cheering everyone striving through was a very moving experience. One secret relief was also that I didn't have to run in that heat - I don't do heat very well (too big and too blonde)
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Sorry I couldn't stay to meet all of you. As it was, I arrived at the meeting point 15 minutes after Mr. S (not good form) but excusable in view of the pretty shambolic crowd handling at the finish.

Hope team 5 will post your triumphs here as well as on the official thread!
  • Options
    Thanks team! brilliant support on a great day. You're all wonderful (and BB is officially Queen of Big Hugs) xxx
  • Options

Well done today :)

It was great being at Mudchute . . looking forward to hearing more stories . .

there are a few photographs from Mudchute to look at . . just some thumbnails of the runners for now . . photographs of the Expo, the fun we had getting ready for the runners to come through Mudchute and some winding down after wards . . with larger versions to look at . . will follow later in the week . .

be good to yourselves . . you deserve it :)
  • Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sproog and I got to mile 17 together to be met by lots of smiling faces, water (which was badly needed!) and just had a great time!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AGAIN!!

x
  • Options
    WELL DONE ALL.
    Same time next year then!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oooh....not sure about that Danno!

Maybe?!!
  • Options
    well done everyone xxx
  • Options
    Morning Delia. How are you feeling this morning? I imagine that how I feel today is a bit like what it feels like to be hit by a car!

Thank you to everyone who waited for us and provided us with much needed water. I think knowing you were going to be there at Mile 17 helped Delia and I carry on through that tricky 13-20 mile stretch.

Well done everyone as well.
    xxx
  • Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to whoever gave me the water at mile 17 - I was dying of thirst. You guys were brill. I hope you have lovely suntans and raging hangovers today.

I got round in 5:30 and had to walk so have been feeling like a bit of a failure but have cheered up immensly from reading a few threads. Must try harder next year but at least I'll know what I'm letting myself in for!
  • Options
    Head down, grit the teeth and ignore the pain, that was my philosophy . Sorry didn't see anyone.

But after a pianful last few miles, my time was 3:44:50
  • Options
    Morning Team 5, back home in rainy Somerset now. Sunburn still stinging.

Well done to all, I had some lovely hugs.

Arrived at Mudchute at about 8.45 to help with setting up, it was tremendous to be part of such an event. Missed some of team 5, hugged others from team 5, aswell as meeting (albeit briefly) longstanding forum pals.

If you didn't spot us I'm sorry, Stickless and I did our best to spot you but it was very difficult.

Left Mudchute at about 2.30, I think, by then I'd lost all track off time and people.

BD had a good run but has decided to support next year:-))

hugs
    BB

• Options
    3.49.53 42 mins quicker than 2003 i had rough time of it had stomach cramps from mile 10 and threw up between 22&23 last few miles were a blur.I was really struggling from mile 20 and even considered dropping out at 23 but managed to hold it together and got there somehow.

Saw the signs for supporters group but i was on the other side of the road couldn't get across in time i saw you all and shouted runners world team 5 but nobody heard me such a shame it would have been nice to have met you,maybe another day.
  • Options
    Well done number 3, hope you enjoyed a doublr celebration last night:-))
  • Options
    Certainly did, had a few beers with family and friends got a bit of a hangover today though.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the shouts as we passed it was great support!

Great pics Rich!
  • Options
    It was great to see you at mile 17, BB, and thanks VERY much for the Ribena, it was just what I needed! I got my photos developed this morning and I've got a nice one of you! Great idea from a friend taking a small disposable camera if you're a slow runner and not too worried about stopping now and then. My time was 6.10 which was slower than I imagined I might do, but I did walk quite a bit in the last 5 miles. I enjoyed it though ,and that's the main thing!

THANK YOU AGAIN, TEAM 5 SUPPORTERS, YOU WERE BRILL!
  • Options
    <<beam>>

thanks Ange
  • Options
    Well done #3 that's a brilliant time and well done Big Ange.

Thank once again to team 5 and to whoever gave me some water - I was desperate - you might have noticed!

I made it over the line 5:32:45 - a bit disappointed as I really thought I could do 4:35 but no chance on the day, too hot and lucazade made me feel sick.

Still hopefully I'll be able to slash my PB next year.
  • Options
    Good going SB
    same time same place in 06 then!!!
  • Options
    Hello again troops!

I'm feeling much better today!

Spent yesterday plodding around the office in my trainers, but today the pins are doing much better and I'm even back in my heels!! Wahoooo!

Sproog....I know what you mean about feeling like you've been hit by a car! tee hee! Still on for meeting there next year?!?!!! Hahaha!

How are the rest of you getting on?!

Are we still planning on going through all of this again?!
  • Options
    Legs feel better today not sure i'll be doing London next year,but am doing Dublin later this year.
  • Options
    Hello,

I too was stuck on the wrong side of the road at mile 17 and couldn't get across to you! Was gutted as it would have been fab to say hello. However, just lookinhg out for the Team 5 supporters helped me get from mile 13 to 17 at least!

I got round in 4 hours 45 and 1 second... Slower than I hoped but I had a litteral pain in my bum from mile 20 onwards (I managed to run until then!!). Given my training woes I couldn't have hoped for much better especially given the heat.

Have good sunburn on my shoulders and nose :( Who would have guessed though given last weeks weather reports of 8 - 12 degrees and heavy rain!

Thanks again to you all :)

H xx