My toilet seat won't stay up!

My fetching new loo seat just won't stay up, and it's driving me potty (ahem). Muttley Jnr and I have an all-male household, and he's a bit wayward with his aim, so this is important. Adjustment hasn't helped, so what now?

Any devices, bodges, come to mind?

Comments

• does something need tightening?
  • youve bought a female one?
  • blue tack it up
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    I've thought of blue tack, but it won't stay stuck long to the cistern (porcelain or whatever material it's made of, not porous enough to stick properly to).
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    But this is the problem - it won't go any further forward.
  • Looks like you'll have to buy a new, thinner, seat.

Might I recomend this,
    or choose your own
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Funny you should post those links, BT. That's where we got it from, and our tasteful new seat is the "marine life" resin one. Muttley Jnr chose it. Nothing to do with me :-)
  • ok, get a bit of string and drill the seat and tie the dtring round the flusher :¬)
  • You might have the hinges the wrong way round. When I fitted mine it wouldn't stay up until I turned the hinges round, which moved the seat forward. It's hard to describe but easy to do.
  • Sell the house so you can move??
  • Pee outside?
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    And apart from everything else, it means I can't install my href="http://www.gagsplus.com/farting/toiletnanny.shtml">Toilet Nanny.

Humpf.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    href="http://www.gagsplus.com/farting/toiletnanny.shtml">Toilet Nanny already
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Pah!
  • pffut?
  • I want one
  • Muttley

Just use this

It's easier :O)
  • My littlun coined a name for them. It's a "Willysnapper". Had the same problem, used the reverse mounting thing mentioned earlier, problem solved.

Now we have to get littlun used to "noisy towels" in Tesco loos.
  • Muttley - I have a sensible answer.

[casts a disdainful eye around the thread]

Station a broom, or other long-handled househole implement (carpet-sweeper?) next to the toilet. When you lift the seat, simply pull the broomhandle across, diagonally, so that it props the seat up.

Perform, return broomhandle to upright position, return seat (and lid) to closed position, flush, and wash hands.

As you are both blokes, the final four instructions may be disregarded.

hth
  • lol

that would be 'householD'
  • You could just hold on until you went somewhere that had a safe toilet!
  • If you stand at the side of the loo you can prop the lid up with one knee. Tricky but you'll improve with practice.
  • I have a Seat and it's fairly toilet.
    I know that is of no help, but there you go.
  • I test drove a Seat today, I quite liked it, to the extent that I may buy one. Why is yours toilet?
  • now this isnt a very running related conversation!! have you solved your toliet problems??? ;o)
  • Probably down to lack of TLC.

My only real gripe is getting the parts unless you go to a Seat dealer. I mean you can't even get the HT leads in Halfords as Seat won't release the details. It turns out they are the same as a VW.
    The dealer will then say he can't supple the parts unless he fits them and it ends up costing an arm and a leg for somthing that would cost £40.00 in parts to do yourself on a VW, Ford or similar.

Other than that its' pretty good realy.

A bit like the lid falling down on an otherwise perfectly good toilet realy. Annoying but you live with it.

she is a good runner though, (just to get the post through the censors)
  • Grief. Typical