My toilet seat won't stay up!

2»

Comments

• If gravity won't keep it up, you could add a hook of some sort.

Or you could hold it up as you go.

Or you could forget the loo entirely and go outside and p*ss in the street like Paula.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Good job she's called Paula and not Penelope, otherwise she'd be known as ..... oh work it out for yourselves.
  • muttley

i have a feeling that, if you'd bought it from B&Q, you wouldn't be having this problem
    (lifelaw no 267 - everything i buy in homebase won't work)

if true, i don't envy you trying to return a used loo seat though :-(

let me know when this is resolved , so i can then borrow thread to ask a boy's peeing question (without having to start an embarassing thread title myself)

as you were

• Well, nice to see that Jj popped out of her househole to contribute.

If its an all male household, why do you need a toilet seat at all. They never bother with them in the mens loos in pubs.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Well, that's true Waaps. I had toyed with the idea of just fitting a urinal. Alongside a French-style hole in the floor. Might affect the house's resale value, though.

• The downstairs neighbours might have an opinion, too.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    The last thing I expected to see today was six-year-old thread related toilet seat spam.  I guess unpredictability is what makes life so rich.
  • It happened to me... SOLUTION< turn hinges round/upside down as it were, it brings the seat forward...it works?
  • I think that you have to move the base a little forward so that it would arch back when you put it up. I had the same problem recently though I was not in the mood to be handyman and just got myself a new toilet seat. Isn't that amazing, you can get just the seat, without the whole toilet thing. You can even choose the one with a memory foam cushion but I do not think that would be hygienic.
  • Get a n Ezy Peezy toilet seat holder off ebay. Self adhesive hooks and a chain. I have three fitted  in my house. Hands free opeartion of the seat. Leaves two hands free for the aiming. Wonderfull.

2»